Stadium Expansion

X3loCf4.jpg

Still don't understand the seating. Not saying it won't make sense eventually, I'm just confused for the moment.

The far sideline is supposed to be six rows of student seating, and there's two (plus a foot row) rows without individual seats. The far baseline is also supposed to be student seating and is also all individual seats.

If those are permanent it will ruin it.

X3loCf4.jpg

Still don't understand the seating. Not saying it won't make sense eventually, I'm just confused for the moment.

The far sideline is supposed to be six rows of student seating, and there's two (plus a foot row) rows without individual seats. The far baseline is also supposed to be student seating and is also all individual seats.

If those are permanent it will ruin it.

I'm in the same boat. The only thing I can think of (hope for) is that they have seats in there for other events (concerts, etc.) that can be removed for basketball games. If you look at the top of the far sideline you can see a gap in height between the bottom section and the middle section that isn't there in the far corner. Hopefully that allows the students to stand when the seats are removed and not be in the way of the people sitting behind them.

So it looks like the students might get 5 rows of sideline seating. Hats off to you athletic dept :facepalm:

If you're talking about the rows that are empty in the pic, I really doubt those are the only student seats. Not only is that not many seat - and doesn't match the seating chart - but people in the seats behind them wouldn't be able to see and that would go over like a pregnant pole vaulter.

That sideline student section is for sure lowered for the standing students. I would love to have 15,000 crazy students slammed right up to the side of the court. But, that's just not relaistic when it comes to an off campus, new, revenue generating arena. Also just of note, Iowa, Ohio State, Creighton, just to name a few. All have student sections that are in rows of seats. Just as an FYI.

Relax guys, they have a few concerts before the first basketball crowd will be in. The students have the entire sideline behind both benches and behind one basket. Modern arenas are highly programable and often include sections of seating that can be added or removed depending on the event. The students aren't getting screwed.

Relax guys, they have a few concerts before the first basketball crowd will be in. The students have the entire sideline behind both benches and behind one basket. Modern arenas are highly programable and often include sections of seating that can be added or removed depending on the event. The students aren't getting screwed.

Lighten up, Francis

X3loCf4.jpg

Whichever team is on the goal closest to the camera has quite the advatage! :D

That particular goal just hasnt been raised up yet. They wont actually play the game with it like that.

Accountability: can't tell if you are being a smartass or actually reassuring Husker.