Stadium Expansion

Very poor lighting for pictures today, so sorry about this. These were the best I could get.

First up, they've torn up the old surface of Ed Weir track for replacement. It's a good thing, too - that surface was very outdated.

DSCF1911.jpg

Progress shot of the eastern face.

DSCF1928.jpg

They've gotten a bunch of the insulation up on the outside face now.

DSCF1988.jpg

And from Salt Creek Roadway, taxing the limits of the zoom on my little camera, you can see the exterior they're on already.

DSCF2004.jpg

These next three are some of the seals hidden inside the structure. As bad as the lighting was overall, it allowed me to shoot way inside the structure and get some of the last pics of some of these seals that surround the stadium.

DSCF1945.jpg

DSCF1947.jpg

DSCF1948.jpg

An interior shot of the structure looking north by the old self-guided tour entrance. They've got the adjoining pieces in place and now the overall structure is married to the original East Stadium wall.

DSCF1977.jpg

They are working rapidly on the video structure attached to South Stadium. They're working on Sunday, so they must be serious about getting this done before the season starts - at least, that's my guess.

They've attached two heavy beams to the underside of South Stadium, and now these two beams stick out from the structure. The video camera deck on South Stadium us directly above this concrete pier.

DSCF1954.jpg

A shot of the overall project shows that whatever tower they're building is offset from the corresponding work on the actual stadium by about 15-20 feet. Not sure if these two are going to hook together, but I would presume they will.

DSCF1956.jpg

A train pulled up and stopped just next to the Arena as I parked, so I only took a couple of shots today. Mostly it's the same thing we've seen before, just a little higher.

DSCF2005.jpg

A detail shot of the NW corner of the Arena. The whole thing is a rat's nest of scaffolding and supports, so it doesn't make for great pics right now.

DSCF2006.jpg

• Fire 3

I'm interested in how this camera platform will take shape. Right now it looks like a hilarious mistake, lol. But obviously they know what they're doing

Maybe there's no bridge after all (which seems like a silly plan) and that thing is supposed to attach to the beams on the stadium. Once they get the support in place, maybe they're going to lift that tower up to the top. Just a thought.

Also is that a new video board for the track field I see at the bottom left?

That board has been there since at least the 2010 season. I watched the first part of the Texas game on it before I got disgusted and walked away.

Wow I don't think I've noticed it. How bad is that, considering that I have had seats on the North side for the last two years!

It will be cool to watch how they remove the two tower cranes from inside of the structure.

I was wondering how they would do this as well.

With cranes outside the structure.

Most likely the North crane will disassemble and remove the South crane, then the North crane will be removed via an external crane.