Stadium Expansion

I had no idea that there are other universities seals. That is really cool. Are they going to build a new track and field stadium or are they just putting in a new track?

Are they going to cover up the university seals that are on the stadium?

They are just laying a new track. The one they are ripping up was in pretty bad shape. As for the seals, none of us really know at this point. We just know they are trying to save as much of the history as they can and showcase it inside the new part of the stadium... hence I don't think it will be covered much more than it is, you will just have to get inside the east stadium to see it.

Everyone knows we are dedicating 40,000 sqft to Athletic research... which will be in the north side of east stadium, but I was also hearing there is an additional 40,000 sqft in the south side of east stadium that is being built so we can use it for later athletic facility additions if we wish. They might use it for research if they need it or it could also go to some other need like a new medical clinic, rehab center, turf room, players lounge, offices, etc.

Everyone knows we are dedicating 40,000 sqft to Athletic research... which will be in the north side of east stadium, but I was also hearing there is an additional 40,000 sqft in the south side of east stadium that is being built so we can use it for later athletic facility additions if we wish. They might use it for research if they need it or it could also go to some other need like a new medical clinic, rehab center, turf room, players lounge, offices, etc.

I was wondering what would be there. Would be a waste to not use that space for something productive.

I couldn't get pics of the Amtrak station with that train in the way last weekend. It doesn't look remarkably different than the last time I posted pics. They have some insulation and stuff put up, but the ironwork is still exposed. They are several months away from beginning track removal.

Today's updates.

Not so many pics of East Stadium today. Just some general shots to show the progress:

DSCF2117.jpg

DSCF2129.jpg

DSCF2132.jpg

Ed Weir Track is all torn up now. They're rebuilding this thing literally from the ground up:

DSCF2134.jpg

I walked over to the west side of the O Street overpass for these shots of the Arena and environs today.

DSCF2144.jpg

This structure went up in about ten days. There was basically no ironwork here when I took last week's photos, just some ground work for the foundation. I don't know what this is - I'm guessing it's a hotel.

DSCF2145.jpg

DSCF2156.jpg

The Amtrak station is a lot easier to see from the overpass. They're moving right along with this, too

DSCF2154.jpg

The Arena from the south, with the hotel structure to the left. The Amtrak station is to the left, or west, of the hotel in this shot. In the far right background you can see the Haymarket footbridge, where I usually take pics of the Arena.

DSCF2158.jpg

Playing around with false tilt-shift stuff on Photoshop and I made this of the Amtrak station:

DSCF2137copy.jpg

• Fire 4