Stadium Expansion

Rooftop drinking is the shiznit

Yeah, it's all fun and games until your buddy decides to try and impress some 200+lb broad by balancing on one foot by the gutter, falls, and then you have to call his dad at 3:00 AM to explain why you're all at the ER and how his son broke his wrist.

(Spoiler: His dad blames you!)

Yeah, it's all fun and games until your buddy decides to try and impress some 200+lb broad by balancing on one foot by the gutter, falls, and then you have to call his dad at 3:00 AM to explain why you're all at the ER and how his son broke his wrist.

:lol: I edited my previous post

@@NEB_FB_VIDEO just posted some pics of memorial stadium from the press box in West Stadium. It looks like they have begun pouring the concrete stands for the level above the score boards. These will be the club seats. At the rate they are moving on it, within the next couple of weeks we should see the concrete pour complete for this level.

Also, they have begun a lot of interior/exterior work on the 1st - 5th floors. An elevator shaft went in, the facade at the end of the north side went up, the siding for the front exterior is beginning to go up, many of the dividing walls have gone in and air duct work has begun to take place.

I am curious as to why the iron work for the next two levels has paused though. Are they waiting for material? Do they have to get something else done first before they can complete it? Does this set us back any or are we still on/ahead of schedule? I feel like we are just doing anything and everything we can to work on something in the mean time while we wait on that steel.

It is interesting that these updated pictures differ slightly from some of the early digital mock-ups. Notice how the new seats extend over HuskerVision on the North and South flanks...

Memorial_7.jpg

...but in this early digital mock-up the seats stop just before...

Memorial-Stadium-East-Inside.jpg

It does look like some other early schematics do have the seats as shown in the recent update.

E.g.,:

)

So those are only club seats that they started right? and then there will boxes and another balcony on top of that correct?

I think so, yes. It also looks like there will be glass between the old upper-deck and the new addition for some more club seats: (right under the black ribbon board that says "Nebraska"). So, all in all... it looks like 3 distinct sections of "club" seating (shown in first picture).

post-11192-0-70344600-1339697422.png

post-11192-0-07410700-1339697892.png

So those are only club seats that they started right? and then there will boxes and another balcony on top of that correct?

I have seats in the east balcony and when the fly-overs occur now, it seems like they just about clip the upper northeast corner....................With the additional height still to go, all pilots better double check their altimeters !!

There will be a level of boxes above these club seats, another small level of club seats with boxes, and then on top of that there will be a large general seating area. They have 2 more levels of steel to frame and a couple more levels of concrete as well.

Yes this is the club level where the 2nd set of ribbonboards are on the mockup.

The Suite level and the upper deck seating will be placed above that.

All the've really done thus far is extend the foundation and build the balcony level out and it's already big, the next three levels will make it massive.

All the've really done thus far is extend the foundation and build the balcony level out and it's already big, the next three levels will make it massive.

Yep. The East Stadium alone will be one of the largest buildings in downtown Lincoln. Walking around taking pictures, it's already big.

Man I guess I didn't have an appreciation for how massive this thing is until seeing the pictures of construction and seeing it in person. I don't know if I would want seats in the upper most deck, seem like it would be as bad as Kyle Field BFE seats. Got to make sure you don't get hypoxia being up that high!

Lol!!

True Americans.....we're......GREAT!!