Stadium Expansion

Lol, I think we should leave the engineering to the engineers. I'm sure that North Stadium is adequately built.

To answer your question, the reason that one of the columns is "bent" is because if it was perfectly vertical, it would hit the ground right in the middle of the track, so obviously that's no good.

Speaking of tall buildings... I wonder how Memorial Stadium will "stack up" against other FBS stadiums in terms of structure height. If I remember correctly, Memorial Stadium will be roughly 125' tall. Other tall stadiums that come to mind: LSU's Tiger Stadium, TA&M Kyle Field, TCU's new expansion, PSU's Beaver, OSU.

Surely the top bleachers in the East Stadium expansion will be some of the highest off ground level, right?

Speaking of tall buildings... I wonder how Memorial Stadium will "stack up" against other FBS stadiums in terms of structure height. If I remember correctly, Memorial Stadium will be roughly 125' tall. Other tall stadiums that come to mind: LSU's Tiger Stadium, TA&M Kyle Field, TCU's new expansion, PSU's Beaver, OSU.

Surely the top bleachers in the East Stadium expansion will be some of the highest off ground level, right?

Iowa State has some pretty tall luxury suites going in.

trailer-trash-hi-rise111.jpg

• Fire 2

Iowa State has some pretty tall luxury suites going in.

trailer-trash-hi-rise111.jpg

One word.... EPIC!

It's a good thing we left the Big12 when we did. There's no way we could have kept pace with the arms race happening in Ames .

Thanks for the pics knap and corncraze. They've really slowed down on the skeleton of the structure and facade, I wonder why? It's obvious a lot of interior work is going on but I remember reading that the ironwork will need to be complete by week one so that the lighting on the upper stands will be in place. Of course, they still have a couple of months (unfortunately) to get that complete.

where is the new outdoor track going to be placed?

They're just redoing it. The old surface was pretty bad. I took a picture of it a while back. I'll have to see if I still have it. One look at it and you'll know why it was replaced. It had to be among the worst athletic facilities at UNL.

where is the new outdoor track going to be placed?
They're just redoing it. The old surface was pretty bad. I took a picture of it a while back. I'll have to see if I still have it. One look at it and you'll know why it was replaced. It had to be among the worst athletic facilities at UNL.

Should see if you can get a shot of the new track from nearly the same spot and then put the two images side by side to show the difference. Sometimes things we aren't familiar with are hard to tell really how bad they are...i.e. the tires on my car last summer. Had okay tread left but needed to be replaced (cupping) and new tires get me way better gas mileage and I don't have to yell at my passengers to hear me. Sad part was I just didn't know the difference until the new tires were put on.

Check it out... the arena and stadium aren't the only awesome construction zones: Barry's The Husker Bar is going to be open before kickoff this fall. It will take the place of the old Barry's at 9th and Q st. ...I spy a rooftop beer-garden. Mmmmm.

4fd7a011f1ce7.preview-699.jpg4fd7a0129ccc2.preview-699.jpg

http://journalstar.com/entertainment/dining/new-owners-unveil-plans-for-barry-s/article_5ac9d5d3-3794-560e-9ff9-a93dbe69dd50.html