#2201 HeyBurke

All Conference

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:52 AM

Woah...

Nebraska Video@NEB_FB_VIDEO
Here is a shot from up high of what the stadium looks like without turf. #Huskers pic.twitter.com/vlyYFenqeH

Posted Image

That is what the stadium is going to look like permanently if Bo remains head coach and keeps running us into the ground...

Posted Image

:sarcasm

#2202 HuskerShark

The Bobfather

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:12 AM

Woah...

Here is a shot from up high of what the stadium looks like without turf. #Huskers pic.twitter.com/vlyYFenqeH

Posted Image

That is what the stadium is going to look like permanently if Bo remains head coach and keeps running us into the ground...

Posted Image

:sarcasm

I'm not so sure he was being sarcastic...
Posted Image Posted Image

#2203 hosker

Blackshirt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:20 AM

Just curious, it has been a long time since I have been to the stadium, with this new expansion, are we now maxed out on expansion space or is it possible for a later date? IF we are able to expand which area would it be in?

As far as capacity, I can't see them ever adding more than another 6k seats, and that seems like an absolute maximum.... But as far as possible expansions, I think I remember when they did the North-Stadium expansion they said they left options & ground-work for further expansion on the North end-zone (thats the way I interpreted it anyway).... IDK what they meant by that exactly, but it could mean that they could add 2k seats on either side of the suit-box or simply that they could re-place the big-screen with a bigger-big-screen or something. Or maybe they add another level of suits on-top of the current suits when they replace the current big-screen. IDK, those are just some of my ideas of what they could expand on next.

I'd be a little surprised if they do anything to south-stadium in the next wave of possible expansion.

#2204 Rollin'Rock

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,622 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:10 PM

Just curious, it has been a long time since I have been to the stadium, with this new expansion, are we now maxed out on expansion space or is it possible for a later date? IF we are able to expand which area would it be in?

As far as capacity, I can't see them ever adding more than another 6k seats, and that seems like an absolute maximum.... But as far as possible expansions, I think I remember when they did the North-Stadium expansion they said they left options & ground-work for further expansion on the North end-zone (thats the way I interpreted it anyway).... IDK what they meant by that exactly, but it could mean that they could add 2k seats on either side of the suit-box or simply that they could re-place the big-screen with a bigger-big-screen or something. Or maybe they add another level of suits on-top of the current suits when they replace the current big-screen. IDK, those are just some of my ideas of what they could expand on next.

I'd be a little surprised if they do anything to south-stadium in the next wave of possible expansion.

South stadium would seem to be the most logical to me.... What makes you believe otherwise?
Posted ImagePosted Image

---Veni,Vidi,Vici---

#2205 KJ.

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:23 PM

Woah...

Posted Image

Someone finally gets it.

#2206 Count 'Bility

Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,918 posts

HB Donor Silver

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:24 PM

Woah...

Posted Image

Someone finally gets it.

You two are really not worth responding to. Carry on.
Posted Image

#2207 ObamaRocks91

Backup

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:33 PM

Woah...

Posted Image

Someone finally gets it.

Haha. I understand I don't post on here enough for my views to be widely known, but I thought the outlandishness of the comment would lead most to recognize the sarcasm. For those not able to catch on, yes, I was just kidding.

#2208 The Dude

Legend

• Members
  • 11,050 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:42 PM

Woah...

Posted Image

Post of the day +1
Posted Image
#Entitled

"Everything we've asked for, we've gotten." - Bo Pelini

#2209 tschu

The Bobfather

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,602 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:50 PM

Woah...

Posted Image

Post of the day +1

100% agree

tschu52small_zpsadf5d69c.png18-WR.jpg46.jpgeric1001.jpgeric1002.jpgeric1003.jpgeric1004.jpgeric1006.jpgeric1005.jpgeric1007.jpg

#2210 KJ.

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:25 PM

Woah...

Posted Image

Someone finally gets it.

Haha. I understand I don't post on here enough for my views to be widely known, but I thought the outlandishness of the comment would lead most to recognize the sarcasm. For those not able to catch on, yes, I was just kidding.

Nevermind then. I take back what I said, you kool-aid drinker.

#2211 huskergman

Scout Team

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:06 PM

Posted today on twitter, testing the ice at PBA...Wishing Husker Hockey would be dropping the puck this fall too, instead we'll get Disney on Ice.

Attached File  1044746_10151689508977074_2015887748_n.jpg   121.42KB   12 downloads

#2212 hosker

Blackshirt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:19 PM

I want hockey on ice, not disney on ice.

#2213 Jaybird

Travel Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 242 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:11 AM

I went to the Heisman Room in North Stadium this last weekend and the guy there said the self guided tour is currently closed due to the area being a hard hat area only but would be reopening in September. Just thought I would pass this info along as I always like taking friends and family from out of town there when in Lincoln.

#2214 QMany

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,093 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:11 PM

Nebraska researching Wi-Fi options for fans at Memorial Stadium
http://sports.omaha....morial-stadium/

Cellular service is AWFUL inside the stadium. I would love this. Post pictures, check scores, etc.

Yes, I watch the games. Don't get all pissy old-timers.
Posted Image
#13N13

#2215 GSG5545

Legend

• Members
  • 13,671 posts

HB Donor Scarlet

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:22 PM

Cellular service is AWFUL inside the stadium. I would love this. Post pictures, check scores, etc.

SIT DOWN!

oggsg67.pngoggsg67alt.pngdickcliquesmall.jpg

#2216 Mavric

Legend

• Mods
  • 13,026 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:33 PM

What??? He gets banned from HuskerBoard and now they want him in the Studium???

Seriously, though, it needs worked on.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2217 SkerChicago

Head Coach

• Members
  • 3,184 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:43 PM

SIT DOWN!

Every time I see "wifi" my mind goes in multiple directions. One man (woman or child) ruined the recruiting board and wireless interlinking.
Posted Image

#2218 Rollin'Rock

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • 2,622 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:36 PM

Posted today on twitter, testing the ice at PBA...Wishing Husker Hockey would be dropping the puck this fall too, instead we'll get Disney on Ice.

Attached File  1044746_10151689508977074_2015887748_n.jpg   121.42KB   12 downloads

Hockey could be huge in Nebraska. Does anyone else get that feeling?
Posted ImagePosted Image

---Veni,Vidi,Vici---

#2219 girlknowsfootball

All American

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:09 PM

How many Big 10 schools have hockey as official university sports?
Also, doesn't UNO have a good team? I bet they'll play a game or two in Lincoln this year.

#2220 Omaha-Husker

Head Coach

• Members
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:16 PM

How many Big 10 schools have hockey as official university sports?
Also, doesn't UNO have a good team? I bet they'll play a game or two in Lincoln this year.

I think the B1G has 6. UW, OSU, PSU, Michigan, Minnesota, MSU.

And UNO is above average, but they wont be playing in Lincoln this year.

#2221 Mavric

Legend

• Mods
  • 13,026 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:03 PM

CB3 on ESPN front page:

LINCOLN, Neb. -- If all goes according to Dennis Molfese's plan, the day is coming when a football player who takes a hit to the head will come to the sideline, take off his helmet and slip on an electrode-covered mesh cap.

The team's medical staff will analyze the player's brain waves on the spot and determine within minutes whether he can safely return to the game or whether he has sustained a concussion and, if so, how severe.

Putting the finishing touches on that device is among the projects planned in the University of Nebraska's Center for Brain, Biology and Behavior, which opens this month in Memorial Stadium's newly expanded east side.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2222 Count 'Bility

Legend

• Members
  • 10,918 posts

HB Donor Silver

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:05 PM

CB3 on ESPN front page:

LINCOLN, Neb. -- If all goes according to Dennis Molfese's plan, the day is coming when a football player who takes a hit to the head will come to the sideline, take off his helmet and slip on an electrode-covered mesh cap.

The team's medical staff will analyze the player's brain waves on the spot and determine within minutes whether he can safely return to the game or whether he has sustained a concussion and, if so, how severe.

Putting the finishing touches on that device is among the projects planned in the University of Nebraska's Center for Brain, Biology and Behavior, which opens this month in Memorial Stadium's newly expanded east side.

Ah yes. No place like Nebraska.

Arrogant? I suppose so. But oh so damn proud.
Posted Image

#2223 GSG5545

Legend

• Members
  • 13,671 posts

HB Donor Scarlet

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:00 AM

CB3 on ESPN front page:

Posted Image

oggsg67.pngoggsg67alt.pngdickcliquesmall.jpg

#2224 BIGREDIOWAN

Legend

• Mods
  • 24,676 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:21 AM

That's awesome! I hope they get this squared away and it helps out the situation.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#2225 Rollin'Rock

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • 2,622 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:46 AM

The University of Nebraska always seems to be a step ahead of everyone else when it comes to the evolution of sports (Weight training, nutrition, and now this).... As Accountability said, I'm very proud to call Nebraska mine....
Posted ImagePosted Image

---Veni,Vidi,Vici---

#2226 knapplc

Legend

• Mods
  • 31,002 posts

HB Donor Silver

Posted 07 July 2013 - 12:03 PM

They're cleaning up the mess on the East Stadium expansion. Most of the construction equipment has been moved out, the construction office trailers are gone, and they've cleaned up pretty much all the parts & pieces out front. Just a few pics today of the near-finished product...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

clEdF.png

skin_fetch.jpg

#2227 knapplc

Legend

• Mods
  • 31,002 posts

HB Donor Silver

Posted 07 July 2013 - 12:29 PM

Moving on to the Arena. I think they finished the outer shell a month or two ago, so most of the pics will look the same as my last update.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

clEdF.png

skin_fetch.jpg

#2228 knapplc

Legend

• Mods
  • 31,002 posts

HB Donor Silver

Posted 07 July 2013 - 12:32 PM

Some shots of the Arena and environs, including the pedestrian bridge.

This is a bit of artwork they put up on the east side of the attached parking garage of the arena:

Posted Image

Some views of arena from Canopy Street:

Posted Image

Posted Image

And the pedestrian bridge:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

clEdF.png

skin_fetch.jpg

#2229 knapplc

Legend

• Mods
  • 31,002 posts

HB Donor Silver

Posted 07 July 2013 - 12:41 PM

Finally, the expanded Haymarket buildings.

This is the building immediately south of the post office:

Posted Image

And the building immediately south of the Arena. I'm presuming "Mellow Mushroom" is the name of the pizza joint rumored to be moving into this building:

Posted Image

Again, the building immediately south of the Post Office. This is the courtyard and the big black boxy thing on the back side of the building will grow up to be The Cube:

Posted Image

Same building taken from the SE. That used to be a parking lot, and I took pictures of the early stages of Arena construction from this spot, but as you can see the Arena is no longer visible from this spot.

Posted Image

This is the back side of the building with The Cube, from the south under the original canopy.

Posted Image

A pic of the new canopy taken from under the old canopy. They're really into canopies in this town...

Posted Image

From the O Street overpass, the Haymarket Expansion area.

Posted Image

Finally, looking north along Canopy Street from the overpass.

Posted Image

I also took some pics of the Devaney renovation and the Innovation Campus work, including the Industrial Arts Building condition. You can find that in the Volleyball forum HERE.

clEdF.png

skin_fetch.jpg

#2230 Junior

Grad Assistant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 01:24 PM

Man, I'm going to be lost the next time I visit the Haymarket....
If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent Texas and live in Hell. -- Philip Henry Sheridan

#2231 Landlord of Memorial Stadium

Wizard of Osborne

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,807 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 01:42 PM

Absolutely mind-blowing how much stuff has gone up so fast.

Posted Image

#2232 Twinkletoes Flintstone

Travel Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 184 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 01:53 PM

Awesome pics and once again thanks for the update for us out of towners!

#2233 ZRod

Head Coach

• Members
  • 4,251 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 02:36 PM

Good stuff once again Knap! Hope you didn't get too hot out there, it's a bit toasty today.

#2234 corncraze

Head Coach

• Members
  • 3,199 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 02:55 PM

Thank you!

Does anyone know if they are still going to put up that 2nd ribbon board on the east side?

#2235 Micheal

All Conference

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:56 PM

That Haymarket area is really coming together, will be a hoppin place
Posted Image

#2236 Blackshirts007

Head Coach

• Members
  • 4,240 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:45 PM

Thank you!

Does anyone know if they are still going to put up that 2nd ribbon board on the east side?

We might as well stop asking because I've kept asking for weeks but it appears no one on this board has any idea.

#2237 Landlord of Memorial Stadium

Wizard of Osborne

• Members
  • 9,807 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:22 AM

Thank you!

We might as well stop asking because I've kept asking for weeks but it appears no one on this board has any idea.

The only time it was assumed we would was when there was a Photoshop mockup released well over a year ago. There's never actually been confirmation that there will be another ribbon board, just speculation.

Posted Image

#2238 Stumpy1

Heisman Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:31 AM

Knapp, It looks like the top part in the middle of the stadium expansion is unfinished. Are they putting windows in that place or something else? anyone else notice it?

#2239 Twinkletoes Flintstone

Travel Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 184 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:02 AM

Knapp, It looks like the top part in the middle of the stadium expansion is unfinished. Are they putting windows in that place or something else? anyone else notice it?

Pretty sure the windows are already in there. What you are seeing is the finishing detail is still missing, and yes, that will be filled in.

#2240 Haspula

Wizard of Osborne

• Members
  • 7,044 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 01:34 PM

Would it be a good idea to put an overhang on both the east and west sides? I think Husky stadium, autzen, and bryant-denny stadium are the only CFB teams that have one

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2241 ibleedredsince1985

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:19 PM

Would it be a good idea to put an overhang on both the east and west sides? I think Husky stadium, autzen, and bryant-denny stadium are the only CFB teams that have one

Posted Image

I think it will look really bad with the layout and set-up of Memorial Stadium.

#2242 corncraze

Head Coach

• Members
  • 3,199 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 08:08 PM

I would be a headache for the film crew. Look at the shadow it casts.

#2243 Count 'Bility

Legend

• Members
  • 10,918 posts

HB Donor Silver

Posted 14 July 2013 - 09:29 PM

Remember that time we played at Washington and their crowd was so jacked up and loud that the tv cameras were shaking and a freshman Taylor Martinez in his first road start calmly took the time down for 2 quick tds and proceeded to run all over Washington that day? That was pretty cool.
Posted Image

#2244 Twinkletoes Flintstone

Travel Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 184 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 05:38 PM

The "N" is up at Pinnacle Bank Arena.

Posted Image

#2245 Twinkletoes Flintstone

Travel Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 184 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 05:43 PM

And another look at the turf an east stadium.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2246 Landlord of Memorial Stadium

Wizard of Osborne

• Members
  • 9,807 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 05:49 PM

brb i need a tissue

Posted Image

#2247 teachercd

Head Coach

• Members
  • 3,017 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 05:53 PM

Is there a chance that canopy street is completed by the first football game?

#2248 Husker from Kansas

Blackshirt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 06:30 PM

One in a Million

#2249 ZRod

Head Coach

• Members
  • 4,251 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 06:30 PM

It'll probably be close. Won't be many restaurant though.. I heard on the radio today that two of the first businesses in the area have applied for liquor licenses. One is a Sushi/Asian cuisine place that has a few restaurants in Omaha, the name escapes me, I didn't pay enough attention to the other.

brb i need a tissue

Gross!

#2250 teachercd

Head Coach

• Members
  • 3,017 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:04 PM

Blue sushi?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users