Stadium Expansion

I got $50 for anyone who takes a picture from atop one of those cranes.

I'll do it if you promise to come to my funeral when I fall after getting the picture. I'm guessing that climbing down is harder than climbing up.

Only if I can sing the song Dust in the Wind by American progressive rock band Kansas.

I'll do it if you promise to come to my funeral when I fall after getting the picture. I'm guessing that climbing down is harder than climbing up.

I was going to recommend a parachute, but my research shows that it probably wouldn't work. You might live, but I'm not sure you'll want to.

Only if I can sing the song Dust in the Wind by American progressive rock band Kansas.

I would prefer that

DSCF2461.jpg

The Arena from the south, under the O Street overpass. Not the best angle. The power plant is in front.

DSCF2458.jpg

Best picture I could get with short time Sunday morning. Those train cars with the rails really messed up my angles.

DSCF2454.jpg

The Arena from atop the parking garage to the west of Memorial Stadium. It's already dominating the meager skyline of the Haymarket.

DSCF2446.jpg

The new seats in East Stadium. Best shot I could get without going inside the stadium.

DSCF2438.jpg

The NE corner, with a view of the work being done at Ed Weir Track.

Finally, a Now-and-Then pic, from the same spot (different cameras, though, so different focal lengths), about seven and a half months apart. First, now:

DSCF2436.jpg

And this is where we were on November 4th, 2011. We've come a long way in a very short time.

DSC03232copy.jpg

• Fire 1

Never noticed the East stadium lights were down until the last two pictures.

Yeah... someone was saying that in order to get the new lights up by the start of the season, the remaining steel framing needs to be put up. They need the framed height to go ahead and put the lights up... thus most of the bone structure should be up by Labor Day weekend.... they have 2 1/2 months to get there... with the progress they've made so far there's no doubt they'll get there.

Never noticed the East stadium lights were down until the last two pictures.

Yeah... someone was saying that in order to get the new lights up by the start of the season, the remaining steel framing needs to be put up. They need the framed height to go ahead and put the lights up... thus most of the bone structure should be up by Labor Day weekend.... they have 2 1/2 months to get there... with the progress they've made so far there's no doubt they'll get there.

I read a quote, which I thought was in one of Randy York's insider columns, where either Ingram or Meyers indicated the iron work will be done before the first game as they need to have the lights in place. However, looking at the schedule now they may not need them til the Wisconsin game. Although there is always a chance for some dark skies where they would want lights on for the Southern Miss or Arkansas State games. I can't seem to find the article but it seems reasonable that this portion would be done before the season. Most of the iron work is done, whats left to complete from that standpoint should move fairly quickly I would guess.

The thing that concerns me about expansion is the state of Nebraska obviously has a limited number of people and I just want to make sure we can keep filling the stadium. Don't want to see the streak end.

It would be a waste to update the stadium if we can't sell the tickets, so I guess we are just going to have to work on filling it up.

The thing that concerns me about expansion is the state of Nebraska obviously has a limited number of people and I just want to make sure we can keep filling the stadium. Don't want to see the streak end.

Tom Osborne has already spoke about this a few times. They did the math and everything's going to be okay. /comfort