Stadium Expansion

fantasy1.png

I'd been looking for this picture for a while. This is the way North Stadium SHOULD have been done.

is it not possible to connect? you have to figure in 6-8 years there will be a south stadium expansion with something similar to the north side over there, but then after that will they not be able to enclose it?

Architecturally, that would be a massive undertaking, essentially making it not possible. They would more than likely have to tear down before they could build up. Unless they figured out a real creative way to make it happen, I dont see it working. What they would probably have to do is continue to build out and over to make anything possible. The screen, would have to be torn down, and they would have to figure out how to make it work with the tom and nancy complex, which also would be a clusterf#@k.

Alright here we go, sorry about the poor quality.

The red and blue lines correspond to those on the diagram. This is taken from the south - they have actually started on the next level over on the north end (blue line) which you can kind of see in the photo, although the angle makes it a slightly confusing.

east3.jpg

east2-1.jpg

• Fire 1

Another level? I didn't know that. I thought skelton structure was completed. Four decks.......whoa! Actually, this design is similar to Gaylord Stadium expansion (OU). Need to install oxygen tank ports for every seats and hand out free binoculars. Way to high IMO. Next time, I will produce several pictures in Gaylord Stadium. Again kinda similar.

Gaylord Stadium

300px-EastSide1_-OUUAB_2006.09.02.jpg

Most Pro stadiums are this high and the seats are just fine, I don't see why it would be a problem at Memorial.

fantasy1.png

I'd been looking for this picture for a while. This is the way North Stadium SHOULD have been done.

I agree it could have been handled better with an upper deck instead.

Architecturally, that would be a massive undertaking, essentially making it not possible. They would more than likely have to tear down before they could build up. Unless they figured out a real creative way to make it happen, I dont see it working. What they would probably have to do is continue to build out and over to make anything possible. The screen, would have to be torn down, and they would have to figure out how to make it work with the tom and nancy complex, which also would be a clusterf#@k.

I agree. The real blunder here was the original endzone expansions. They did nothing architecturally to make it fit with the history and look of east and west stadium. IMO, the endzones really detract from the overall stadium, it's a shame. One reason why I look forward to the east expansion so much in that it will actually help balance the stadium and not make it look so endzone heavy.

fantasy1.png

is it not possible to connect? you have to figure in 6-8 years there will be a south stadium expansion with something similar to the north side over there, but then after that will they not be able to enclose it?

They may not connect as pertains to the seats, but at least the corridors underneath are connected now from East to North to West stadiums. Sure make a difference. Now if they could just find a way to make concessions and bathrooms for the upper seats in North Stadium on the upper level exit areas. North stadium is a cluster f#*k during halftime and getting into the game if not really early. Basically everybody in North Stadium has to go to middle corridor for concessions and bathrooms. It is a frickin packed nightmare!!!

memorial stadium looks to be ranked 8th on B1G espn blog ranked stadiums of the B1G. coming tomorrow. you are right the endzones threw a wrench in the entire stadium not allowing it to conform with the rest in the future.

8th? I would hope not. Big house, The shoe, Happy valley, camp randall, should be the only ones that have a legit shot at being above ours. WIth maybe minnesota up there just because it is brand new.