Stadium Expansion

Something I've learned about the construction company. If you talk to 5 different workers from five different sub contractors, you are going to get 5 different stories on how the job is going.

AND, those stories are going to be different than management's story.

This is true. I was talking to a customer that is specifically working in one area and when my co-workers and I were talking about expected dates/progress, he said he has no idea if they are on schedule anymore or not. He said you could ask one guy if they were on schedule and he'd say yes, and then two hours later he would be yelling that they are behind. He said his section is going right at pace, but it's hard to tell other areas.

Field turf to be replaced this year.

The best-known property in Lincoln is about to get new carpet.

Memorial Stadium’s FieldTurf will be replaced before the upcoming season, an athletic department spokesman confirmed.

The replacement project is set to begin Monday with the removal of the old turf, which served its cause for eight years, installed in the summer of 2005.

The installation of the new surface, which will have the same design as the old one, will be completed before the beginning of fall camp.

No design change. I am bummed to hear this. Was really hoping for red endzones.