Stadium Expansion

From what I've heard from a few nerd friends, our audio system is fine. Memorial's acoustics are just terrible, and that's the entire problem. I think Penn State has the same setup that we do and it sounds great there (from what I've heard).

Maybe having East Stadium fully expanded and having 5k people up there will help. But it sounds like the shape of the stadium has a lot more influence than we think.

From what I've heard from a few nerd friends, our audio system is fine. Memorial's acoustics are just terrible, and that's the entire problem. I think Penn State has the same setup that we do and it sounds great there (from what I've heard).

Maybe having East Stadium fully expanded and having 5k people up there will help. But it sounds like the shape of the stadium has a lot more influence than we think.

Erm, but, there's like no speakers in South Stadium. That's a problem

I'm willing to believe your audio nerd friends, but we've had speakers throughout the stadium in the past, and it worked OK, even with terrible acoustics. They went with all speakers in one place (by the jumbotron) during the 2005 North Stadium expansion, and it's been worse since.

If it's a choice between bad and worse, I'll take bad. Put the speakers all over again, and 86 this method.

I'm willing to believe your audio nerd friends, but we've had speakers throughout the stadium in the past, and it worked OK, even with terrible acoustics. They went with all speakers in one place (by the jumbotron) during the 2005 North Stadium expansion, and it's been worse since.

If it's a choice between bad and worse, I'll take bad. Put the speakers all over again, and 86 this method.

I'm not saying Memorial is doomed for getting good sound with different setups. Just that there's nothing wrong with the current equipment. It works great for some schools, but it just isn't the right choice for us.

Just curious, it has been a long time since I have been to the stadium, with this new expansion, are we now maxed out on expansion space or is it possible for a later date? IF we are able to expand which area would it be in?

As far as capacity, I can't see them ever adding more than another 6k seats, and that seems like an absolute maximum.... But as far as possible expansions, I think I remember when they did the North-Stadium expansion they said they left options & ground-work for further expansion on the North end-zone (thats the way I interpreted it anyway).... IDK what they meant by that exactly, but it could mean that they could add 2k seats on either side of the suit-box or simply that they could re-place the big-screen with a bigger-big-screen or something. Or maybe they add another level of suits on-top of the current suits when they replace the current big-screen. IDK, those are just some of my ideas of what they could expand on next.

I'd be a little surprised if they do anything to south-stadium in the next wave of possible expansion.

Just curious, it has been a long time since I have been to the stadium, with this new expansion, are we now maxed out on expansion space or is it possible for a later date? IF we are able to expand which area would it be in?

As far as capacity, I can't see them ever adding more than another 6k seats, and that seems like an absolute maximum.... But as far as possible expansions, I think I remember when they did the North-Stadium expansion they said they left options & ground-work for further expansion on the North end-zone (thats the way I interpreted it anyway).... IDK what they meant by that exactly, but it could mean that they could add 2k seats on either side of the suit-box or simply that they could re-place the big-screen with a bigger-big-screen or something. Or maybe they add another level of suits on-top of the current suits when they replace the current big-screen. IDK, those are just some of my ideas of what they could expand on next.

I'd be a little surprised if they do anything to south-stadium in the next wave of possible expansion.

South stadium would seem to be the most logical to me.... What makes you believe otherwise?