Fire gilmore now...

CU Sucks

We've 2, only TWO remaining holdovers from Callahan. Gilmore and Watson. Im still on the fence about Watson. Probably aways will be. Never was impressed with the job Gilmore does. Receivers seem to have these problems with Callahan as well. it has to stop. I sit here and watch other college football games and qb's throw the ball up with total faith before watching their receiver come down with the ball. What happened today was a total embarrassment. Last year Gilleylen and Holt were benched. Now it's Niles' turn. I have lost hope in this guy. I know he's a college kid playing a game. He's also a 22-23 year old ADULT on the brink of possibly making darn good money in the NFL who is NOT DOING HIS JOB. Blame him, blame Gilmore more. Last year the offensive struggles were blamed on Watson a lot and Pelini said the plan was good, the players didnt "execute". Thats' not working for me with Gilmore, because the execution couldnt be any better when a guy is running across the field wide open and has one laid in the bread basket. (3 times today, 2 paul, 1 kinnie) Yes i think Frost would be an excellent choice to take his job. I'm done now.

We've 2, only TWO remaining holdovers from Callahan. Gilmore and Watson. Im still on the fence about Watson. Probably aways will be. Never was impressed with the job Gilmore does. Receivers seem to have these problems with Callahan as well. it has to stop. I sit here and watch other college football games and qb's throw the ball up with total faith before watching their receiver come down with the ball. What happened today was a total embarrassment. Last year Gilleylen and Holt were benched. Now it's Niles' turn. I have lost hope in this guy. I know he's a college kid playing a game. He's also a 22-23 year old ADULT on the brink of possibly making darn good money in the NFL who is NOT DOING HIS JOB. Blame him, blame Gilmore more. Last year the offensive struggles were blamed on Watson a lot and Pelini said the plan was good, the players didnt "execute". Thats' not working for me with Gilmore, because the execution couldnt be any better when a guy is running across the field wide open and has one laid in the bread basket. (3 times today, 2 paul, 1 kinnie) Yes i think Frost would be an excellent choice to take his job. I'm done now.

I'm also tottering on Watson. In eight quarters of football he has zero touchdowns against Will Muschamp. Ultimately the drops excuse doesn't matter. Your receivers drop the ball? Put receivers in who can catch. Don't have any? Recruit them. Whatever the reason is, it's Watson's problem. But it's also Gilmore's problem. That guy is nothing but dead weight, both in recruiting and as a coach. We get absolutely no interest from top-tier high school wideouts, and it seems like we'll be mining the JUCO ranks forever. Getting average to good receivers might be all right if they developed under him, but they don't. And they won't.

Niles IMO has plum worked himself out of a job. He just can't catch. That's what we call a PROBLEM when you're a wide receiver.

Was Gilmore out there dropping passes? Hmm...must have missed that...

Was cosgrove out there playing on the 2007 defense? Still his job no?

Two complete different things. If our WR's werent blocking or were running bad routes then yes fire Gilmore. BUt if its only dropped passes blame the players.

Hate the game not the playa.

Yep just brought that one out :corndance

chicken or egg?

Our receivers block well... but they are to catch the ball first and foremost. I understand the players are the ones that need to execute, but the coaches are the ones that put them in a position to succeed through preparation, coaching, drills, film, etc. When we see a single position group ROUTINELY fail to execute, and this isn't just 1 group of players, it's several players that have entered the system, then there is a major cause of concern. I see this with our WR's, and to a lesser extent our OL. Watson is a topic in it's own.

but we are freaking nebraska... we don't need to settle for second or third rate coaches. "OK" or doing "Alright" does not cut it.

I didn't know that this was the first year we've dealt with dropped passes....we've dealt with it for nearly.....well as long as we started relying on the pass....how many Texas Tech recievers would drop those passes? or even Baylor? Baylor catches everything these days.....

It is totally on Gilmore, and those who don't think so are totally in denial...

So does this mean Beck needs to be fired because Rex can't catch and Helu can't hold on to the ball? We choked today plain and simple. Firings aren't going to change the fact that Texas owns us. I bet we don't lose another game this year, but for some stupid reason we just can't beat Texas.

So does this mean Beck needs to be fired because Rex can't catch and Helu can't hold on to the ball? We choked today plain and simple. Firings aren't going to change the fact that Texas owns us. I bet we don't lose another game this year, but for some stupid reason we just can't beat Texas.

its one thing when we fumble cuz they put their helmet directly on the ball, its another when you drop the ball when it has been thrown to the perfect spot....or fumbled when running down the sideline being ankle tapped....(niles paul vs Iowa State 2009)

its one thing when we fumble cuz they put their helmet directly on the ball, its another when you drop the ball when it has been thrown to the perfect spot....or fumbled when running down the sideline being ankle tapped....(niles paul vs Iowa State 2009)

I won't argue that Paul should have been yanked, but there's plenty of blame to go around. I don't think it all rests on Gilmore.

No - because our RB's havent been a revolving door of FAIL for 3 years in a row.

I'm not big on going after coaches unless they deserve it, but numerous people whose opinions I'd trust far more than my own on this, have had reservations about this guy since the beginning. As a WRs coach and as a recruiting coordinator.

Part of being a leader, Bo - you got to know when you need to let a guy go, that you like and are friends with (potentially including a certain offensive lines coach...but I guess Barney is being given a pass by most of us for now). Ask Bill Callahan how it goes if you don't.

I will say this - I've rarely been as shocked as I was when Kinnie dropped that TD. Since he's come on board he's had the best hands of our WRs bar none, and he's always caught passes that come his way. Honestly today's drop was the 1st time I remember him dropping a pass. Aside from that hiccup, I'm thinking the coaches have definitely done something right with that guy, and there's no doubt he should be our #1 go-to WR moving forward.

A wr coach being held responsible because his wrs drop balls all over the place? Nah.....just blame the players.

It worked for Coz, Callahan, Bohl, etc...

Alright...your receiver just dropped a pass that hit him squarely in the hands and there was no one within 10 yards of him. Go coach him up. What would you do?

The receivers were in the right place constantly throughout the game. The routes were run pretty well. Blocking from them has been pretty good. The receiver has to catch the ball...that's on him. There's only so much a coach can do in that situation.

I'd agree, it's on the coaches if the receivers are out there every week dropping numerous balls, but that's really not happening.