Fire gilmore now...

CU Sucks

Well if Gilmore is getting fired, then Cotton should pack his fing bags to. There is no reason for or Oline struggles for the last 3 years. Jeremiah Sirles getting flat out raped on his "holding" call is just embarassing. Insert face into palm.

Lets just do what Leach did at Tech - Tennis Balls. Make them catch tennis balls for hours. Can't quit until you do 50 in a row. That'll learn em.

I have been meaning to post this for a while now. I cruised through this whole thread start to finish to see if anyone else had posted this. I'm glad I did so I didn't make a redundant post. As it is you get a +1 for being a super genius like Wile E. Coyote.

I've been thinking about this tennis ball thing for a while now, ever since Niles started his dropsies. It's such an easy drill to set up, I can't imagine why we aren't doing this.

Lets just do what Leach did at Tech - Tennis Balls. Make them catch tennis balls for hours. Can't quit until you do 50 in a row. That'll learn em.

I have been meaning to post this for a while now. I cruised through this whole thread start to finish to see if anyone else had posted this. I'm glad I did so I didn't make a redundant post. As it is you get a +1 for being a super genius like Wile E. Coyote.

I've been thinking about this tennis ball thing for a while now, ever since Niles started his dropsies. It's such an easy drill to set up, I can't imagine why we aren't doing this.

Yep, we even discussed this last year about this time.

http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/37707-why-arent-we-training-our-receivers-this-way/page__p__498207__hl__%2Btennis+%2Bball__fromsearch__1&do=findComment&comment=498207

Ball control has really been a problem last year and this year. I know you can't really say a dropped pass is the same as a fumble, but in reality they are close. We lost the Iowa State game last year because we couldn't hold onto the ball. We lost to Texas because we couldn't catch the ball. I believe the announcers said we've had like 19 fumbles this year but have only lost like 8. Our ball control is horrible. It is definitely the achilles hill of this team. The way we put the ball on the turf against Idaho will most likely result in L's in Big 12 play. I'm at a loss for why our fundamentals are so poor with regards to ball control. I don't necessarily believe coaches heads should roll for this, but I do think something has to be done. I'll be amazed if I ever see Niles Paul play on Sundays.

• Fire 1

Haha, I came on here to see if anyone said anything to what I said about tennis balls... to find nobody did, and then it was mentioned again and someone replied to that one...

Players like Paul who is a Sr. needs to benched... a prime time player that should be our best football player day in and day out. out on the field this guy should be our leader by play and vocals and right now hes not doing that...sit him down put someone else in the game...to make him realize what he needs to do.

How quick does a player go in the dog house? I believe Enunwa had the first drop of the game and disappeared. Yet Paul is allowed how many chances?

And I dont think Enunwa really even dropped it. The DB made a great play on the ball.

But your right with Paul. The only thing is this has been going on since he has been here. :facepalm:

Was Gilmore out there dropping passes? Hmm...must have missed that...

A wr coach being held responsible because his wrs drop balls all over the place? Nah.....just blame the players.

It worked for Coz, Callahan, Bohl, etc...

Alright...your receiver just dropped a pass that hit him squarely in the hands and there was no one within 10 yards of him. Go coach him up. What would you do?

The receivers were in the right place constantly throughout the game. The routes were run pretty well. Blocking from them has been pretty good. The receiver has to catch the ball...that's on him. There's only so much a coach can do in that situation.

I'd agree, it's on the coaches if the receivers are out there every week dropping numerous balls, but that's really not happening.

what would i do? i'd have them running routes against defenders in front of a throwing machine for an hour straight everyday. if you miss a route, you run a mile. if you drop a pass, you run a mile. if you catch a pass and then fumble, i will break my foot off in your john brown hind parts...and then you will run a mile.

• Fire 1

look, if anyone does not think we are a better team already this year than last year is being stubborn. we are going to lose games. undefeated seasons, for anyone, are few and far between. we should wait until the end of the season to judge it as a whole, and stop with this knee-jerk, call for coaches head, nonsense. some people act like watson, gilmore, and cotton are actively sabotaging the team. and i agree with zoogies, the loss was execution, not coaching. now, the coaches have to better prepare them to execute, but the players should know how to catch a ball by now. i think the loss also game down to the team's psyche and them not taking the game for what it was, a big game, a game bigger than the one the week before. they were so focused on looking at this game as another, they came out flat. they needed to look at it as the biggest game of the season, yet, and play inspired and with passion.