Fire Pelini!

WYHusk

I'm not quite ready to make lite of this subject.

Somebody should burn this site down.

T_O_B

:bonesflag:

t_o_bull, i do not want to embarrass you, but i think you have a fundamental misunderstanding of the internet. you can not "burn down" a website. the internet is not some series of tubes that a truck can dump stuff into.

I'm not quite ready to make lite of this subject.

Somebody should burn this site down.

T_O_B

:bonesflag:

t_o_bull, i do not want to embarrass you, but i think you have a fundamental misunderstanding of the internet. you can not "burn down" a website. the internet is not some series of tubes that a truck can dump stuff into.

well...i will poop on the website! all over it!

As long as the domain is available, and assuming you have a credit card available too, a website like this can be up in a few minutes. Typically a yearly charge is $30-60 a year for web hosting. You can get breaks for signing up for several years in a package.

So yes. Someone paid around 50 bucks to have this put up there.

Kinda funny too, this was in the web page's code:

<!-- By looking at the source of this page, you have contracted swine flu. That's too bad -->  

I like adding things like that that most people will never see.

Gripe sessions formerly reserved for bars and barbershops now also take place anonymously in cyberspace, where, with a few keystrokes and a credit card, a disgruntled fan can set up a website and launch a grass roots campaign to have a coach canned.

And now, one mysterious fan is trying to cash in on fans' frustrations.

He obtained the rights to nearly 30 fire-the-coach Web pages over the years and under the Redshirted.com banner is selling them for up to $250 apiece.

Sites naming Callahan, Croom and Roof are for sale there, and so are those featuring Iowa's Kirk Ferentz, West Virginia's Rich Rodriguez and, inexplicably, Gerry DiNardo — who two years ago was fired by Indiana and now works as an analyst for ESPN.

The owner of Redshirted, in an e-mail to The Associated Press, would identify himself only as a technology worker from Austin, Texas, named Doug.

He calls the project an experiment in sports sociology and psychology, and says he was surprised that schools or even the coaches themselves didn't think first to secure those dot-coms and prevent what he called "a future PR nightmare."

"I'm not suggesting that (Nebraska officials) buying 'FireBillCallahan.com' would prevent disgruntled Nebraska fans from finding an outlet on the Internet to voice their opinions," he wrote. "It would, however, be an easy way to create an obstacle for a large segment of the public." LINK