Major props to Z. Lee

bshirt

Lee really didn't get much of a chance to show anything. He had one drive in the third quarter where he came out with two bad throws, and an offensive holding killed that drive. After that we basically hunkered down and played run, run, run. We had to ride that game to victory.

I still say he was not 100% healthy at the time of Washington, Kstate etc. His lack of playing time early in the year in blowouts but now twice in 3 weeks in very important situations cant be explained otherwise to me.

Well I dont know about him being healthy but you have to wonder why Cody was getting all the extra snaps if he wasnt the #2. Good effort from Lee tonight

Lee really didn't get much of a chance to show anything. He had one drive in the third quarter where he came out with two bad throws, and an offensive holding killed that drive. After that we basically hunkered down and played run, run, run. We had to ride that game to victory.

Well yeah, but to come off the bench and make no mistakes is just bloody great!

the guy knows the offense.... feels good and i think can do a great job in managing the game plan.... watson knows what works for Zl and would help make the right calls for him..

thanks Zac

plus your sister is still super hot

My theory for why Cody went in earlier in the season and Zac has been going in recently:

Cody has been going in as clean-up duty. Why put a senior on the field for a game where we've locked up the win? We have a young guy who needs experience, so put him in when the game is out-of-reach (with the excepetion of 2 plays against Wash.). Each time Zac has come in, we were either behind, or the game was still very much competitive. We needed the experience. It wasn't time for a young guy to be gaining game experience. In other words, Zac has always been the #2 guy, but there was no point in giving a senior game experience when you have Green who needs it more. That's how I see it anyway.

And I've always loved Zac, so it's great to see him on the field when things are actually going his way.

I could go on forever about how much I love and respect his dedication to the team and the big picture.

Loved the pass and catch to Reed that Zac made, especially since Zac bought enough time to find someone open - but if I had been standing next to Shawn Watson I would have punched him in the face for calling that play.

I didnt have a big problem with that play call. Kind of a risk reward. It was obvious on 3rd 2 and the way we were runnin the ball Wats was looking for the kill shot it just wasnt there. So what happened? Lee buys time and converts on an awesome pass/catch anyway. it's hinesight again. if the first option was there, it woulda been a great call by Wats, but we all know that's how it is.

Loved the pass and catch to Reed that Zac made, especially since Zac bought enough time to find someone open - but if I had been standing next to Shawn Watson I would have punched him in the face for calling that play.

I didnt have a big problem with that play call. Kind of a risk reward. It was obvious on 3rd 2 and the way we were runnin the ball Wats was looking for the kill shot it just wasnt there. So what happened? Lee buys time and converts on an awesome pass/catch anyway. it's hinesight again. if the first option was there, it woulda been a great call by Wats, but we all know that's how it is.

I was a stupid call. We're running the ball all over them "and" we really want a 1st down "and" 3rd & 2 "and" we want to burn the clock. Typical SW.

Lee bailed us out though!

Am I stunned to be hearing this from you, bshirt ;)

I was glad to see Zac in. Hopefully, at some point in the year he'll have a chance to really show us what he can do.

His lack of playing time early in the year in blowouts but now twice in 3 weeks in very important situations cant be explained otherwise to me.

There are other possibilities for this.

a: He didn't need the practice near as much as Green, seeing as he started 85% of the games last year. I think this is valid. It wasn't helping him "learn" anything to go into a 4th quarter blow out game. What would he learn from that? Green is still a sophomore and needs the experience..

b: Green hadn't yet started fumbling every other time he touched the ball. Lee jumped him in the depth chart because of that.