Desmond Howard comments on Bo

What crap. How many hundreds of players take tongue-lashings this bad or worse every day in all levels of college football (not to mention high school)? Maybe Desmond never got one because he was the all-star who they couldn't afford to make mad.

And yes, I realize there's a difference between practice and "on national television" but Bo was heated at the moment and not thinking about cameras on him. Bo has yelled at players (mostly for stupid penalties) before, but nothing to this degree, so you have to think TM did something to provoke it.

Yeah, ultimately Bo went overboard but in the end, nobody was hurt and TM has the ego to handle the blow.

howard wasn't going to slap shembeckler and never said or inferred any such thing.

at least desmond howard isn't an internet tough guy. howard said what he said, PUBLICLY, ON TV, KNOWING Bo would hear it.

seems fairly gutsy to me.

howard isn't hiding behind a keyboard.

If bo doesn't like what howard says, he knows where to find him.

On College Football Live, Desmond Howard says if Bo Palini would have talked to him the way he did to Taylor Martinez he would have “slapped the taste out of his mouth”.

Yeah, right.

He said if he were a parent and Bo talked his child like that he would have smacked the taste out of his mouth. Slightly different context.

I loved this comment by Desmond. As a man you have to respect his opinion, he didn't dodge the question, he gave his honest opinion on the situation. I have to give it to Taylor too for handling it so well. I know many a player who as soon as that index finger hit their chest would have quickly corrected Pelini. I'm all for coaching guys hard, but you have to be an idiot not to see he clearly crossed the line...

I loved this comment by Desmond. As a man you have to respect his opinion, he didn't dodge the question, he gave his honest opinion on the situation. I have to give it to Taylor too for handling it so well. I know many a player who as soon as that index finger hit their chest would have quickly corrected Pelini. I'm all for coaching guys hard, but you have to be an idiot not to see he clearly crossed the line...

See, I don't really care what Desmond says, but why would you credit him for saying this? He didn't dodge the question? What possible reason would there be for dodging a question that's asking you about somebody else's actions/integrity?

Desmond Howard has no idea what Bo was yelling at Martinez about. The only respectable thing to do by Howard is to say, "I wasn't there, I don't know what the circumstances were, so I'm not going to comment." All Howard did with this comment was throw out some bullcrap that he and ESPN thought would make some noise, so they can make more money.

Stop treating these guys like they have valuable opinions. They don't. They're just on television.

• Fire 2

No you don't. "Correcting" your coach in the manner you imply means getting booted from the team. And if you think yelling at a player is crossing the line, you either haven't played much football or you've been on some pretty weak teams.

I'll agree that Bo should have handled this better, but the only thing he should have done differently is do it behind closed doors. He was out of control and he has to work on that. But yelling at Martinez is the least of Bo's worries right now.

On College Football Live, Desmond Howard says if Bo Palini would have talked to him the way he did to Taylor Martinez he would have “slapped the taste out of his mouth”.

Yeah, right.

He said if he were a parent and Bo talked his child like that he would have smacked the taste out of his mouth. Slightly different context.

Sorry, but you are wrong. Check out the link that Clone was nice enough to post.

No you don't. "Correcting" your coach in the manner you imply means getting booted from the team. And if you think yelling at a player is crossing the line, you either haven't played much football or you've been on some pretty weak teams.

I'll agree that Bo should have handled this better, but the only thing he should have done differently is do it behind closed doors. He was out of control and he has to work on that. But yelling at Martinez is the least of Bo's worries right now.

that is spot on.

It is Bo's team, the only thing he should have done differently is do it behind closed doors