Desmond Howard comments on Bo

On College Football Live, Desmond Howard says if Bo Palini would have talked to him the way he did to Taylor Martinez he would have “slapped the taste out of his mouth”.

Yeah, right.

He said if he were a parent and Bo talked his child like that he would have smacked the taste out of his mouth. Slightly different context.

Sorry, but you are wrong. Check out the link that Clone was nice enough to post.

My apologies :facepalm:

I coulda sworn I heard differently when I watched it today.

On College Football Live, Desmond Howard says if Bo Palini would have talked to him the way he did to Taylor Martinez he would have “slapped the taste out of his mouth”.

Yeah, right.

He said if he were a parent and Bo talked his child like that he would have smacked the taste out of his mouth. Slightly different context.

I just listened to this twice. Desmond said if any coach outside of Bo Schembechler would've tried me like that, "I would've slapped the taste out of their mouth with the back of my hand."

The context wasn't stated in terms of a parent. He went on to say something about his dad too but we all hear things differently.

Howard was out of line to suggest a student athlete can slap the taste out of a coaches mouth with the back of his hand. What kind of message does that send to kids/student athletes? Bo gets paid millions of dollars to mold boys into men. I don't agree with Bo's actions and he apologize for them. For this arse-clown to get up on TV and say that is what he would do. He is full of it.

Bo is in a position of power and control. It is his team to run and by his rules. If a athlete tries to slap him then he would have to deal with Bo on the field and then would be kicked off the team. Bo has to do things with the rules of the university but he is the head coach and has the power.

Yeah, right.

I just listened to this twice. Desmond said if any coach outside of Bo Schembechler would've tried me like that, "I would've slapped the taste out of their mouth with the back of my hand."

The context wasn't stated in terms of a parent. He went on to say something about his dad too but we all hear things differently.

Check out post #32 ;)

Howard is a former All American, Heisman winner, NFL Pro Bowler and Super Bowl MVP. He at least earned the right to be a opinionated analyst. If it was just some media hack then I could see why people would care. I'm sure most of the former players that are now studio people would say exactly what he said.

Jason Peter was saying some pretty harsh things last night on sound-off. If he would have said this nobody would have thought twice about it. IMO

howard wasn't going to slap shembeckler and never said or inferred any such thing.

at least desmond howard isn't an internet tough guy. howard said what he said, PUBLICLY, ON TV, KNOWING Bo would hear it.

seems fairly gutsy to me.

howard isn't hiding behind a keyboard.

If bo doesn't like what howard says, he knows where to find him.

How is it gutsy? He called out a coach who was just publicly reprimanded for having too much of a temper and not controlling himself. I'm sure the last thing Bo can do right now is confront a TV personality, regardless of what that personality did or didn't say.

Howard is a former All American, Heisman winner, NFL Pro Bowler and Super Bowl MVP. He at least earned the right to be a opinionated analyst. If it was just some media hack then I could see why people would care. I'm sure most of the former players that are now studio people would say exactly what he said.

Jason Peter was saying some pretty harsh things last night on sound-off. If he would have said this nobody would have thought twice about it. IMO

My problem with Howard, he seems to condone a back slap upside your coaches face if a coach gets in your face. That is total BS. You are kicked off the team if you show that kind of violence to a coach who runs the show for a big time D-1 school. The same guy that said, Dennard Robinson never gets caught from behind but Taylor does, thus Dennard from Michigan is a god. Weak sauce 8 weeks ago and weaker now.

I don't care if Howard invented football, he was commenting on a situation he had no real knowledge of.

A respectable commentary would have been, "Yup, Bo looks pretty mad there. I wonder why he's mad. Well, since I don't know why he's mad, I probably shouldn't comment on this."

Again, nobody cares about what Desmond Howard the All-American, Hesiman trophy winning, NFL Pro Bowling, Super Bowl MVP said. They care about what Desmond Howard, TV Analyst said. They care about what he said because he said it on television. And sometimes, people on television say things just to get you to watch more television.

Pick up your remote, and change the channel. The Daily Show will be on in a couple minutes. ;)

• Fire 1