What are some of your fondest memories of NU/OU

Im a youngin.... but Im gonna go with the only OU-NU game I can remember ever attending.

The '09 game...... yea our offense was junk, but that defense was absolutely outstanding. Suh pushing the Olineman back into Jones, Dilliard coming up the middle and puttin Jones on the turf. Then Crick tipping the ball and Dilliard picking it off. Asante hit on Broyles over the middle. Then the O'hanlon INT at the end. All great memories.

But I will remember the most is the atmosphere in the stadium that night..... from pre tunnel walk video courtesy of our own epocson to Helu, Middleton and Mendoza jumping in the stands after the game. I was told after words that you could hear the windows rattling in suites because of how loud it was. I lost my voice for 2 days, my mom thought i was sick, my forearms hurt from throwing the bones so much. It was something that makes you become a husker fan all over again.

The '09 game was great, and the '01 game also great. However this rivalry was heated in the 70's and 80's. I was too young for the 70's, but some of my first memories of attending games were of NU in the 80's. I was about 11 in '86 it was hard to get tickets, and me and my cousin who was about 25 got tickets in the student section at a night game. NU came out in blood red and the student section was a mess. I still love the blood red.

Suh_fan:

Soooooo many memories...good and bad...the bad one's tend to be memorable too, just not as fun.

But, 1983 sticks out to me... Down in Norman in the rain. I was about 12 and was sitting with my cousin behind the Sooner Bench. Our parents sat somewhere else. After the clock expired, I stormed the field at age 12 and tried to get Mike Knox's towel. Thing is, I got lost and the stadium was almost empty when I accidently ran into my dad in the concourse. He was pissed and I was in a panic...got an a$$ chewin' but it was worth it.

This one HANC. 4 of my college (freshman) buds and I had gotten okay from parents to attend Orange Bowl - all we had to do was win this game. We had car (borrowed from my dad), reservations at some dive in 'Lauterdale' and the number of the UNL ticket office on a piece of paper... god, what a game to watch!!!

My fondest memory was beating OU in Lincoln last year.

I'm a fairly young guy and was not around to enjoy the glory days of the OU/Nebraska rivalry. I didn't even really start to care about football until about 2000 when I was 11. Before that, I thought Hot Wheels were far better than watching the Huskers :lol:

As far as last year was concerned, I just couldn't believe that our defense dominated the game and played so well. Plus, it was Oklahoma, a team we hadn't beat since 2001. They were ranked and going into the game I honestly expected us to lose even with the excitement of Cody Green starting at the time. All I remember is being in the stands and people screaming "We beat Oklahoma!". Just a great feeling, all around.

Black 41 Flash Reverse Pass, 2001. One of my first memories as a Husker fan.

Also, last year Matt O's 3 picks was special for me. I attend his old high school where we haven't had a DI player pretty much ever, so Matt making the team was already huge. Seeing him play was crazy.

When he became a starter, all hell broke loose, and when he made those 3 picks... it was a good day at school.

For what its worth, one of the people I used to hang out with all the time's older brother was/is best friends with Matt.

Black 41 Flash Reverse Pass is to this date, my best memory as a Husker fan. Was too young to really remember any of our titles in the mid 90s. That Oklahoma game in 2001 was the first big Husker game I really remember watching.

Along with that, the game last year was great too. Neither team played that great but it felt really good to beat Oklahoma for the first time in a while.

Black 41 Flash Reverse Pass is to this date, my best memory as a Husker fan. Was too young to really remember any of our titles in the mid 90s. That Oklahoma game in 2001 was the first big Husker game I really remember watching.

Along with that, the game last year was great too. Neither team played that great but it felt really good to beat Oklahoma for the first time in a while.

I agree. The name says it all.

My fondest "iive" memory is of the only NU/OK I've ever attended when we went to the CCG in Kansas City a few years back. I remember it was butt cold and I couldn't feel my feet by the end of the game. The first half was competitive and then OK kind of pulled away. Anyhow, I sat by an OK fan and his grandson and that guy was probably one of the most honorable people I've met in my life. He had respect for the game, for the team, for people, for the tradtions. He gave us an extra blanket and pair of gloves and, believe me, that made a big difference because I had no idea it was actually going to be that cold. We talked about past games the whole time and he was gracious in victory. I remember a lot of great plays on TV–crouch, rogers, etc. but that was a great real life moment I won't forget.

1978_ i was knee high to a grasshopper and didn't watch the game... we were playing it in the backyard in Columbus. When Nebraska won- people were running out of their houses screaming, shooting off fireworks/guns and honking their horns - in the 70's many people had the Nebraska fight song as their horns along with long antennas for their cbs. It was crazy in town that day and 32 yeas later I can still remember us kids playing football and getting the action/plays from a radio and "acting out" the Husker action with my buddies... now I am feeling sentimental and better go FaceBook the old gang from the neighborhood..GBR