10 wins.... Really?

Marf

Good lord.... Some of you people really piss me off. 10 win season, boys play their hearts out in the Big 12 Championship and come out a little short, and you're all over Tmagic, coaches, and others about the loss? Do you not think every player in that locker room feels 100 times as bad as we all do right now?

I can see some blame on Watson. On a few aspects of the coaching. But 10 wins... Give them some credit. A 10 win season is something millions of fans dream about their teams achieving. We get it, and oh look, we're not content. Okay, get rid of Watson. Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me. But don't let a few bad performances outline what this team has accomplished.

We will likely have 11 wins this season. 11. And we're not happy? Okayyy. Cool.

Be disgruntled all you want, be pissed at the coaches, but for the love of God at least get off of Taylor's back. He gave it his all, after all of you accused him of quitting the team, and not having his heart set on playing at Nebraska. You all tossed him under the bus. He had no support coming in. But he tried. He tried damn hard. Did that look like an athlete who wasn't interested in his team? I don't think so.

Calm down husker nation. There's always next year.

You're right about coming down too hard on the team, but the coaches deserver it. Let's take a look at our marvelous ten wins:

W- Western Kentucky- 49-10

W- Idaho- 38-17

W- Washington- 56-21

W- South Dakota State- 17-3

Many people were waving red flags after this game, but even more(including me) were still drinking the T-magic koolaid.

W- Kansas State- 48-13

L- Texas- 20-13

Excuse after this game is Texas just owns us.

W- #14 Oklahoma State- 51-41

W- #6 Missouri- 31-17

Our only two quality wins this season are Mizzou and OSU.

W(OT)- Iowa State- 31-30

W-Kansas- 20-3

L- #19 Texas A&M- 9-6

W- Colorado- 45-17

L- #9 Oklahoma- 23-20

Judging from those impressive wins, what exactly looks promising next year?

W- Fresno State

W- Washington

W- Wyoming

L- Wisconsin

L- Ohio State

W- Minnesota

L- Michigan State

W- Northwestern

W- Penn State

L- Michigan

L- Iowa

We'll be thrilled for the insight bowl this time next year. This was a cupcake schedule, and if we had an offense we'd be top 5 and in ncg discussions. Unfortunately I think the problems on offense go deeper than Watson.

I know it's too early to predict our schedule, and do to the fact that I am drunk and pissed....I don't see us beating NW or PSU next year. Watson will get outcoached by both of those coaches. Hell, at this rate Fresno State may not be a give me next year either!

Some blame on Watson? Are you serious? The guy is a HORRIBLE play caller let alone a coach. The guy couldn't script a decent game plan let alone coach one. He NEEDS TO GO! By no means was this our QBs' fault. It was the OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR and to some degree Bo's!

Some blame. Yup. Did Watson give up 455 yards? I don't think so. He gets the majority of the blame, yeah, but there is certainly some that goes elsewhere.

I never said this was our QB's fault. It wasn't at all. Read my post.

Husker33, this isn't Middling U. I don't care about the millions of other fans. This is Nebraska. 10 wins and another CCG loss doesn't cut it.

Although I'm fast becoming afraid that we're going to have to get used to it.

WYHusk, you are delusional.

No, I'm not. We go 10-3 in a weak, weak Big 12. How's it going to go down next year in a stacked Big 10? Spot many easy W's on our schedule?

fumbles, not executing, fumbles...oh and did i mention fumbles???

So we all want to start over YET again on offense?

Great...get ready for the beat down that is the Big10 schedule we have next year.

An offensive line that can block would be nice, don't you think?

Why fire Watson all the freaking time. gets old. Fire him. then what?

and how many, if any recruit could we lose if we do? What are the negatives if SW is shown the door?

Good lord.... Some of you people really piss me off. 10 win season, boys play their hearts out in the Big 12 Championship and come out a little short, and you're all over Tmagic, coaches, and others about the loss? Do you not think every player in that locker room feels 100 times as bad as we all do right now?

I can see some blame on Watson. On a few aspects of the coaching. But 10 wins... Give them some credit. A 10 win season is something millions of fans dream about their teams achieving. We get it, and oh look, we're not content. Okay, get rid of Watson. Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me. But don't let a few bad performances outline what this team has accomplished.

We will likely have 11 wins this season. 11. And we're not happy? Okayyy. Cool.

Be disgruntled all you want, be pissed at the coaches, but for the love of God at least get off of Taylor's back. He gave it his all, after all of you accused him of quitting the team, and not having his heart set on playing at Nebraska. You all tossed him under the bus. He had no support coming in. But he tried. He tried damn hard. Did that look like an athlete who wasn't interested in his team? I don't think so.

Calm down husker nation. There's always next year.

You're right about coming down too hard on the team, but the coaches deserver it. Let's take a look at our marvelous ten wins:

W- Western Kentucky- 49-10

W- Idaho- 38-17

W- Washington- 56-21

W- South Dakota State- 17-3

Many people were waving red flags after this game, but even more(including me) were still drinking the T-magic koolaid.

W- Kansas State- 48-13

L- Texas- 20-13

Excuse after this game is Texas just owns us.

W- #14 Oklahoma State- 51-41

W- #6 Missouri- 31-17

Our only two quality wins this season are Mizzou and OSU.

W(OT)- Iowa State- 31-30

W-Kansas- 20-3

L- #19 Texas A&M- 9-6

W- Colorado- 45-17

L- #9 Oklahoma- 23-20

Judging from those impressive wins, what exactly looks promising next year?

W- Fresno State

W- Washington

W- Wyoming

L- Wisconsin

L- Ohio State

W- Minnesota

L- Michigan State

W- Northwestern

W- Penn State

L- Michigan

L- Iowa

We'll be thrilled for the insight bowl this time next year. This was a cupcake schedule, and if we had an offense we'd be top 5 and in ncg discussions. Unfortunately I think the problems on offense go deeper than Watson.

I know it's too early to predict our schedule, and do to the fact that I am drunk and pissed....I don't see us beating NW or PSU next year. Watson will get outcoached by both of those coaches. Hell, at this rate Fresno State may not be a give me next year either!

I was being optimistic. Also, I forgot to highlight the EFFING OVERTIME WITH IOWA EFFING STATE. Where'd my drink go?

Great...get ready for the beat down that is the Big10 schedule we have next year.

and how many, if any recruit could we lose if we do? What are the negatives if SW is shown the door?

How long as Watson been here again? How many great offensive games (not including cup cake teams) has he actually called in those years he has been here? It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out Watson's game plan. Big 10 coaches, especially Defensive Coordinators, will expose Watson again next year just like the Big 12 did!

Don't know. You gotta start somewhere, though. How long do you have to :bang :bang :bang :bang until you make a change?

We beat Missouri and Oklahoma State this year. Id say they are pretty good teams. While I dont agree with some of Watson's calls, a lot of it was just players execution. If the o-line blocked on the pass call to Martinez, its an easy TD. Our offensive line did not play well, what would you have done? Run the ball more? Pass more and lose more yardage on sacks. Its amazing how many fans turn on this team after one game. We lost by 3 points to a very good Oklahoma team. We didnt play our best and we turned the ball over too much. If anything, this loss falls more on the players then the coaches. The coaches were not out there fumbling the ball and throwing interceptions.

We beat Missouri and Oklahoma State this year. Id say they are pretty good teams. While I dont agree with some of Watson's calls, a lot of it was just players execution. If the o-line blocked on the pass call to Martinez, its an easy TD. Our offensive line did not play well, what would you have done? Run the ball more? Pass more and lose more yardage on sacks. Its amazing how many fans turn on this team after one game. We lost by 3 points to a very good Oklahoma team. We didnt play our best and we turned the ball over too much. If anything, this loss falls more on the players then the coaches. The coaches were not out there fumbling the ball and throwing interceptions.

i agree with some of your points but how many yards a pop was Rex getting while running the Wild Cat. Hell, OU's secondary was more scared of his passing threat then they were of Taylors! I just don't understand Watson's thinking.....Run something until the other team shuts it down. It was obvious that OU was NOT shutting down Rex in the Wild Cat!!!

i agree with some of your points but how many yards a pop was Rex getting while running the Wild Cat. Hell, OU's secondary was more scared of his passing threat then they were of Taylors! I just don't understand Watson's thinking.....Run something until the other team shuts it down. It was obvious that OU was NOT shutting down Rex in the Wild Cat!!!

Which is precisely why SW ditched it. It wouldn't be "multiple" to stay with something that works.

Which is precisely why SW ditched it. It wouldn't be "multiple" to stay with something that works.

OK. What makes a good offensive coordinator is knowing what plays to call in certain situations. In that situation, Watson called the perfect play, we just didnt execute it. Who knows how many yards we would have gotten if we would have ran it. Oklahoma stuffed the box, and Martinez was wide open. Our offensive line blocks and its a good snap, we have a touchdown and take the lead. Why run something until the other team shuts it down when you can run something that will get you a TD? If we score on that play, we win the Big 12- OU was not going to score a TD, and everyone is saying how great a call it was. Even during the game at that point, people on here were saying theyd like to see a throw to Martinez, and after it doesnt work, not because of Watsons call, but because of the players fault, everyone hates Watson. Hate Watson all you want, but he did not lose us this game.

Some blame on Watson? Are you serious? The guy is a HORRIBLE play caller let alone a coach. The guy couldn't script a decent game plan let alone coach one. He NEEDS TO GO! By no means was this our QBs' fault. It was the OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR and to some degree Bo's!

Some blame. Yup. Did Watson give up 455 yards? I don't think so. He gets the majority of the blame, yeah, but there is certainly some that goes elsewhere.

I never said this was our QB's fault. It wasn't at all. Read my post.

You're so right. How bout think like this....our defense may have given up that much yards but they kept us in the game even when the Offense gave up 4-5 turnovers. It also doesn't help when the Offense goes 3 and out every possession.

Staying with something that works = betting the defense won't stop it once they know you are staying with it.

That's why you change things up...

I remember when people were calling for no more zone read, they were stopping it. A short while later, it was "Zone read with Rex was working beautifully. And we go away from it again, great."