Mangino as OC?

if we hire mangino, do they just auction off the Lil Red thing?

Or give Lil Red a security detail as mangino may mistake him for a dinner roll like the pillsbury dough boy and snarf him down at halftime. Could you imagine the horror that all the little kids would have seeing the carnage.

And what about the weiner slinger, that would be obsolete as well since there would be nothing to sling, unless they started slinging his poo at the visitor section...

if we hire mangino, do they just auction off the Lil Red thing?

Or give Lil Red a security detail as mangino may mistake him for a dinner roll like the pillsbury dough boy and snarf him down at halftime. Could you imagine the horror that all the little kids would have seeing the carnage.

And what about the weiner slinger, that would be obsolete as well since there would be nothing to sling, unless they started slinging his poo at the visitor section...

The mental imagery that this brings forth is absolutely hysterical to me. :clap

HHHEEEEEEEEEEECCCCCCKKKKKKK NO! Do you really think that TO or Bo Pelini would hire a guy who got fired for emotionally abusing players through racist comments and other inappropriate comments and who is gonna bring A TON of negative media attention into the program? I mean think about it... there is no way. TO would never bring Mangino in. He's not exactly a guy of character or a guy programs are drooling over.

• Fire 1

HHHEEEEEEEEEEECCCCCCKKKKKKK NO! Do you really think that TO or Bo Pelini would hire a guy who got fired for emotionally abusing players through racist comments and other inappropriate comments and who is gonna bring A TON of negative media attention into the program? I mean think about it... there is no way. TO would never bring Mangino in. He's not exactly a guy of character or a guy programs are drooling over.

Thank You!

I don't want Mangino, he seems to have deep psychological issues. Morbidly obese and very abusive to players would indicate self loathing.

Mike Leach would drive everyone nuts in Nebraska. He ran a successful offense at Texas Tech, but he did not "pound the rock" as so many seem to want at NU. He is arrogant beyond comprehension. I don't think he will settle for a coordinator position, anyway. Bo would have to keep a tight reign on him and Leach would not like that. He hates punting and eschews conservative field position football. Our current QBs and those hopefully coming in are not the type of QBs he uses. I just don't think we as a fanbase are openminded enough to handle Mike Leach as OC. Bo is an old school conservative type of coach, Mike Leach looks at the "percentage play" as a challenge to his intelligence, which he has in abundance, along with arrogance.

If Watson is gone, then he's gone. No biggie, I think we could get a very capable replacement. I think the dude who runs the Nevada offense might be a good fit. I don't know if it's the HC or OC there that does that, but that pistol thingy seems to fit our personell.

I believe that balance is essential, we can't just line up and mow teams over, anymore. Keeping the defenses honest is the best way to be successful. We're sure as he!! won't be mowing over too many Big 10 defenses. I would like to see more of a pro-style offense. QB under center is not such a bad thing. That is one issue that I did have with what we ran this year, too much shotgun. But I realize that I'm a golf professional and as such I am perfectly content to let those who know more than me do what they think is best. We are still a young team, especially at QB, so I expected some mistakes.

Thank You!

After seeing numerious Pelini sideline tirades - I'd say Mangino might be mild in comparison. It's quite hypocritical to talk about Mangino in this way, when Bo has brought more than his share of negative media attention to the program recently. Tom's a guy willing to give guys a second chance. I wouldn't doubt that Mangino learned plenty with his experiences as an HC. In fact, the HC possition is probably what got his ego to that point anyway. No one else that commented while that played out had ever seen that side of him on the football field. That included guys like Stoop. Honestly, if you wanted to analyze him, you're probably looking at a guy that has been put down his entire life (just look at the demeaning comments on this board thus far) - now after 2007 he has most of the state of Kansas kissing his ass and talking about him in a way no one has ever praised him. It would be impossible for that not to go to someone's head. He got taken down a notch. I highly doubt it would happen again.

It's one thing for us to bash Watson's play calling, or to critisize Paul's ability to catch a ball. I saw plenty of people on this board come to their defense. But personally, I think it's BS that a "Mangino as OC?" thread fills up with nothing but fat jokes.

• Fire 1

Thank You!

After seeing numerious Pelini sideline tirades - I'd say Mangino might be mild in comparison. It's quite hypocritical to talk about Mangino in this way, when Bo has brought more than his share of negative media attention to the program recently. Tom's a guy willing to give guys a second chance. I wouldn't doubt that Mangino learned plenty with his experiences as an HC. In fact, the HC possition is probably what got his ego to that point anyway. No one else that commented while that played out had ever seen that side of him on the football field. That included guys like Stoop. Honestly, if you wanted to analyze him, you're probably looking at a guy that has been put down his entire life (just look at the demeaning comments on this board thus far) - now after 2007 he has most of the state of Kansas kissing his ass and talking about him in a way no one has ever praised him. It would be impossible for that not to go to someone's head. He got taken down a notch. I highly doubt it would happen again.

It's one thing for us to bash Watson's play calling, or to critisize Paul's ability to catch a ball. I saw plenty of people on this board come to their defense. But personally, I think it's BS that a "Mangino as OC?" thread fills up with nothing but fat jokes.

Mangino mild?

Mangino's first job at a high school lasted one year when parents wanted him fired for "language, a harsh approach to people", he didn't get fired, but "left" after that season. The parents felt Mangino had gone too far when they heard that he had injured players cleaning the locker room because "he felt they should be doing something," a former player said. "That was the straw that broke the camel's back, Kids were cleaning urinals and things like that — injured players. That just didn't sit too well with people."

Mangino was in trouble for verbally abusing an official at his son's high school game, LHS officials took undisclosed action against Mangino after the game, saying he had violated a Kansas State High School Activity Association rule barring abuse of game officials by coaches, players and fans. Originally Mangino said what he did was justified and responsible, once his AD came out and said something he "apologized" in public.

KU was struck with NCAA penalties for 5 major violations including academic fraud, KU had limits on juco recruits for 2 years and lost 2 scholarships in 2007 and 2008 as a result.

Then the big hammer came down for his abuse of players and abuse of campus staff that had issued him parking tickets on multiple occasions.

Donna Hultine, director of KU Parking and Transit, reported that the particular ticket had spurred Mangino to track down the student employee who had written the ticket and launch a 10-minute, expletive-filled "tirade" so loud that it drew several employees out of nearby Allen Fieldhouse to watch.

"He screamed, yelled and cussed for a while and then got out of his car and screamed, yelled and cussed 6 inches from the student's face," Hultine said, in an e-mail to her boss at Strong Hall, Vice Provost Jim Long.

And lets not forget Mangino's explosion on a player caught on camera, very similar to the Bo and Taylor sideline "discussion"

Mangino is out of control and has no place at UNL. (Warning, bad language, NSFW)

http://www.kansas.co...it-team-at.html

http://cjonline.com/...o_mangino.shtml

http://www2.kusports...arking-tickets/

Thank You!

The sideline behavior is something that happens in the heat of battle. It was a crazy atmosphere at aTm. There isn't much time to think about the consequences of one's actions. There was/is room for improvement in that regard. I think the team will reflect a coaches behavior during a game. If the coach is borderline out of control, the team could very well play that way and go over the line on the field. I think there was a lot of "stuff" happening at that game, and the behavior displayed was a culmination of the pent up frustration of officiating from the last 3 or 4 games before College Station. To a man, the players on this team love Bo, they know he has their backs and will go above and beyond for them. There wern't many Kansas players that came to Mangino's defense. Criticizing a players play on the field or effort is one thing, bringing up a players family issues and race as a way to demean that player is not only just plain mean spirited, it's counterproductive if you're rying to educate your players on how to get through life honorably and honestly. When people demean others' family and race, things people have no contol over, then the goal is not educating, but just trying to make ones self feel better about themselves by tearing others down. It's even worse if the abuser is in a position of authority. That's what he was doing, abusing his players, not criticizing their efforts.

I have spoken with one of his former players, also. A personal trainer at a local gym that I attend was a linebacker for KU in the mid 2000s. I usually don't have "inside" information, and I wouldn't describe this as such, it's just the topic of his firing came up during a workout and I heard some stories. I don't want the guy as a coach.

All that was dug up over 15 years of his life. The press could find similar on Bo if he was fired I'm sure. Personally I think it's awesome he had the little weasles that were causing problems cleaning toilets. Big deal - have you been to a high school sporting event lately? Parents are bitches. The only reason why Mangino got called out is because he's in the public eye. Any other parent and it would have been brushed off. He won't be the HC, he probably won't have kids in high school so we don't have to worry about that.

As for the penalties, KU is always going to be struck w/ pentalties. They pay their entire roster on the basketball team. K-State as well. How as an OC is he going to be responsible for academic fraud? We aren't asking him to take over the program for Bo, we're asking him to come in and implement an offfense that can travel 20 yards into field goal range...something our current OC couldn't do.

Having a personal vendeta against the guy is one thing, I can understand it. I live in KC, and watched him kick the sh!t out of NU a time or two. It's wasn't fun being a Husker fan here while he was coaching the Jayhawks. But you can't deny the fact that he's a genius on the offensive side of the ball. Him and Beck paired up to lead the #2 scoring offense (at KU no less). He only needs about the #20 scoring offense here. And we have better athletes.

Some are just cut out to be assistants. Mangino is one of those. And he's a hell of one at that. I don't think she should be completely cast asside because of what he did at KU. Most of KU people I've run into are so high on themselves that to be successful there you probably couldn't coach and earn respect at the same time. You see many people loving Gill right now?

When Mangino was the head coach at Kansas he looked EXACTLY like Violet Beauregarde from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory after consuming the experimental chewing gum. Watch the original movie and you will see what I mean! You know though, he will not draw nearly as much attention as an assistant coach.