Big Ten Division Name Change

Still not sure why they didn't just do East and West. West would be Nebraska, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Northwestern and Illinois. East would be Penn State, Ohio State, Purdue, Indiana, Michigan and Michigan State. Seems like a very competitive alignment, and you can still do cross-division lock games (Purdue-Illinois, Michigan-Minnesota, Nebraska-Penn State, Ohio State-Iowa, Michigan State-Wisconsin, Northwestern-Indiana

You miss Penn State-Minnesota and Ohio State-Illinois rivalries some years, but the former wasn't much of a rivalry anyway and is already done with the current alignment.

Still not sure why they didn't just do East and West. East would be Nebraska, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Northwestern and Illinois. West would be Penn State, Ohio State, Purdue, Indiana, Michigan and Michigan State. Seems like a very competitive alignment, and you can still do cross-division lock games (Purdue-Illinois, Michigan-Minnesota, Nebraska-Penn State, Ohio State-Iowa, Michigan State-Wisconsin, Northwestern-Indiana

You miss Penn State-Minnesota and Ohio State-Illinois rivalries some years, but the former wasn't much of a rivalry anyway and is already done with the current alignment.

Think u got East and West mixed up there haha. Also lets not go down that road, the divisions have already been chosen and I personally think they did a great job.

Still not sure why they didn't just do East and West. East would be Nebraska, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Northwestern and Illinois. West would be Penn State, Ohio State, Purdue, Indiana, Michigan and Michigan State. Seems like a very competitive alignment, and you can still do cross-division lock games (Purdue-Illinois, Michigan-Minnesota, Nebraska-Penn State, Ohio State-Iowa, Michigan State-Wisconsin, Northwestern-Indiana

Think u got East and West mixed up there haha. Also lets not go down that road, the divisions have already been chosen and I personally think they did a great job.

Fixed. Just doesn't really make sense to me why they broke it up that way. You can keep just about all the rivalries by a much more logical geographic split.

I like Northwest and Southeast. Makes sense and is a little different from what anyone else has (since they seem set on coming up with something different from any other conference).

For those people arguing the East/West North/South etc. doesn't make sense, I ask this: How does Great Plains/Great Lakes or Legends and Leaders make any more sense? There will be at least one team in each division that doesn't quite match the lake or plain description and does someone like Purdue or Northwestern or Illinois really fit as a legend or a leader?

Seriously.

If we're gonna ignore the fact that the Big TEN has 12 teams, then lets just go with the North and South divisions. Is that so hard?

Then what would you call it when Big 12 is taken and you know Beebe will use the excuse of adding two more teams in the future.

You completely missed my point

I think we are all going to have to agree to disagree. Delany, although its a good thought, will never get the 90/10 approval of any division names that they come up with. I personally want something other then the prototypical direction or region based names. I really like "Legends" but "Leaders" is pretty lame and I am not smart enough to come up with something to replace it.

And for all those people talking about realigning the divisions already....really???? They tried to make them even divisions while taking location into consideration as a secondary factor. They will never re-align the divisions so that the North/South or East/West names can be used so I think we can halt the swap Wisconsin with Northwestern discussions.

My pick: Stars and Stripes.