Niles Paul

You know I will go out on a limb, and I know that I have company on said limb, that Niles will get drafted a LOT higher than many on this board and the so-called "experts" have said. The NFL eats up stats and feats that players put up in the combine, and Niles looks all the part of testing freak. He should put up a huge bench rep number, and then blaze a top 40 and pro agility time. He is that quick and we know his strength. Niles will put up numbers that scouts and coaches will eat up. Look at Al Davis and how far he will reach for workout warriors(is Haywood-Bay and Fabian).

I will go as far and say early 3rd.

well, if i was an NFL scout, i would take a proven receiver, before i would take a specimen.....receivers are a dime a dozen.

Good WR's may be few and far, but the talent pool from which to find that one is huge. And many NFL execs are more wowed by physical numbers and "potential" for growth than performmance that has been put on tape. A lot of times that performance on the tapes don't mean crap, see Mike Williams from USC, Limas Sweed, Charles Rogers from Michigan St, et al. All "sure fire" draft picks and all busts(even if Williams is trying to regenerate his career). Like I said, don't be shocked if he shows well in Indy, or NU's own Pro Day, that he is drafted higher than many think

Niles seemed more obsessed in being a bodybuilder, than developing as a dependable receiver...maybe he can develop in the NFL?

I am going to say that he will develop in the NFL. I don't know how far he will get, but he has the physical tools to be good. I still firmly believe something was missing in practice...either they didn't work on catching, holding on to the football, etc. Or they just aren't taught very well.

Poor kid though...he will always be remembered for his failures at Nebraska, unless he makes a name for himself in the NFL. I hope he proves everyone wrong and has a great NFL career.

That and the fact that Gilmore makes them spend way too much time blocking to ever develop into dependable receivers.

Regardless of what others say of him, I have nothing but high hopes for Niles Paul to do well in the combine, and to be well recieved into a professional football program. The kid gave us Nebraska fans 3 solid years of starts, and despite his let downs, also had his moments of greatness (that 100 yard kickoff return for a TD against OSU that I got to see live in Stillwater this last year will always reside in my memory of Paul :)). Again, regardless of what you all say of him, or any other Husker who dedicated 4 years to the Nebraska football program, I will always wish their success at the next level.

You know I will go out on a limb, and I know that I have company on said limb, that Niles will get drafted a LOT higher than many on this board and the so-called "experts" have said. The NFL eats up stats and feats that players put up in the combine, and Niles looks all the part of testing freak. He should put up a huge bench rep number, and then blaze a top 40 and pro agility time. He is that quick and we know his strength. Niles will put up numbers that scouts and coaches will eat up. Look at Al Davis and how far he will reach for workout warriors(is Haywood-Bay and Fabian).

I will go as far and say early 3rd.

well, if i was an NFL scout, i would take a proven receiver, before i would take a specimen.....receivers are a dime a dozen.

Hunter, I am with you. Niles Paul has not the heart, the head, or the hands for the NFL. He is fast, strong, and ripped and will test well. But.... watch film and anyone who drafts him at all is making a mistake.