National Signing Day Predictions

If I remember right we got Marlowe and Slauson both after signing day. Marlowe's at least seen the field a bunch. Slauson proved to be a great get. I'm hoping for another like one of those two.

Marlowe may see the field a bunch, but the kid is not very good.

I just can't believe there were so many WRs sitting on the bench while Marlowe was in.

If I remember right we got Marlowe and Slauson both after signing day. Marlowe's at least seen the field a bunch. Slauson proved to be a great get. I'm hoping for another like one of those two.

Marlowe may see the field a bunch, but the kid is not very good.

I just can't believe there were so many WRs sitting on the bench while Marlowe was in.

No joke. Gilmore is a helluva WR coach, that's for sure. I'll never forgive him the Chris Brooks debacle.

I'd say we've got Lockhart almost for sure, have outside chances at Turene and Virgile, and up in the air with Peat.

As for the "surprise" people have been referring to, I'm here to get rid of the mystery.

It is me.

I may have only played 2 years of football, and they may have been my freshman and sophomore years, but Bo really liked my fiery attitude, and take no prisoners mentality when he visited my Omaha-suburb high school last week.

Being recruited as a WR/Safety/Guy who runs down the field on kickoffs really fast and flings myself at the ballcarrier only to whiff

I'm 6 foot 4, 170 pounds, and I run a 5.0 FLAT!!! 40 yard dash. Vert = 20 inches.

My career stats may not seem all that impressive, but my high school is a running team. Well, we try to. But I did have my fair share of highlights on the freshman team:

2007 statistics:

1 catch, 1 TD

Soon all of Nebraska will know my name.

I was kind of thinking the same thing. With the greyshirt offer going out you would think the coaches are pretty confident on at least two others. And maybe not so sure on another.

I really think we pulled Peat

Hopefull on the WR and Virgile to round out the class

I am thinking that Peat goes to ASU. We will not land Turene. Onwuasor is gone. Virgile is a question... maybe... maybe not.

So... I'd say we are done re. major recruits --- in that Peat is likely going to ASU and Lockhardt likely to V. Tech. Of the remaining people, none in the "major" recruit class... Virgile and Bass are possibles. May get both... may get neither. But no 4 star is out there with NU as their lean... at least that I know of.

Hopefully a surprise will happen and a big fish will be landed. So long as we hang on to what we have... we'll be fine. It will be a good to very good class. The main strengths.... OLine and RB... the weaknesses... fine quality at LB and DB but not enough quantity.

the weaknesses should be that we have too many projects (Givens, Allen, Davie, Pirman, Turner - if he moves to WR at some point soley on being to athletic to not be on the field) and 2 JUCOs - they have a few months to learn the system and are considered busts if they dont start or see the field immediately!

I was kind of thinking the same thing. With the greyshirt offer going out you would think the coaches are pretty confident on at least two others. And maybe not so sure on another.

I am thinking that Peat goes to ASU. We will not land Turene. Onwuasor is gone. Virgile is a question... maybe... maybe not.

So... I'd say we are done re. major recruits --- in that Peat is likely going to ASU and Lockhardt likely to V. Tech. Of the remaining people, none in the "major" recruit class... Virgile and Bass are possibles. May get both... may get neither. But no 4 star is out there with NU as their lean... at least that I know of.

Hopefully a surprise will happen and a big fish will be landed. So long as we hang on to what we have... we'll be fine. It will be a good to very good class. The main strengths.... OLine and RB... the weaknesses... fine quality at LB and DB but not enough quantity.

the weaknesses should be that we have too many projects (Givens, Allen, Davie, Pirman, Turner - if he moves to WR at some point soley on being to athletic to not be on the field) and 2 JUCOs - they have a few months to learn the system and are considered busts if they dont start or see the field immediately!

I'll give you Davie, but Turner will fit in somewhere, Pirman is a weight room project as well as Givens.

I'll give you Davie, but Turner will fit in somewhere, Pirman is a weight room project as well as Givens.

putting on that much weight can take years to adjust too...and Turner is a helluva "athlete" but if they keep moving him around he will never reach his full potential, so does he stay at QB or does he get moved to WR midway through his career?

I disagree with this statement.