Join the HuskerBoard Donor Team - Discounts on Tickets and Gear!

2013 Official Adidas Sideline Coaches Polo are N from HuskerNation.com!!! Discounts for all gear for HuskerBoard Donors!!!

- - - - -

Marvin Sanders

58 replies to this topic

#1 blackshirts5115

Backup

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 05:19 PM

I'm going to have my "Rumor Bashers" on this, but I'm confident enough in my source to post the following:

Marvin Sanders is gone. All I know is that it was based on "legality" issues. Whether or not it was a football-related issue, I don't know. Clearly this is why we hired Raymond.

The same source has told me that Gilmore is also gone, but he didn't sound as sure as he did about Sanders. What I've gathered from this is Sanders is definitely gone. I have no doubts about that. Based on what my source said, I'd give it a very solid chance that Gilmore is gone too.

#2 Lyons in the Sea of Red.

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 05:21 PM

If you could start a thread resemblising Watson and Cotton you could make my day!
Posted Image

#3 blackshirts5115

Backup

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 05:22 PM

View PostLyons in the Sea of Red., on 02 February 2011 - 05:21 PM, said:

If you could start a thread resemblising Watson and Cotton you could make my day!

I wish I could..

#4 Nexus

The Bobfather

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,729 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 05:25 PM

Not sure what to believe in all of this, but regardless of the outcome when it's all said and done, IF Sanders is no longer with the staff, I want to thank him for his contributions. No denying he played a crucial part in preparing our secondary week-after-week with excellent results. So again, if he is gone, THANK YOU, MARVIN.

#5 Lil' Red

All Conference

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 05:35 PM

If this is true Sanders will be a big loss and if we go by results I'd say he is the best position coach we have so I hope Raymond can do a good job of replacing him.

#6 Taylor

Travel Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 171 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 05:37 PM

View Postblackshirts5115, on 02 February 2011 - 05:19 PM, said:

I'm going to have my "Rumor Bashers" on this, but I'm confident enough in my source to post the following:

Marvin Sanders is gone. All I know is that it was based on "legality" issues. Whether or not it was a football-related issue, I don't know. Clearly this is why we hired Raymond.

The same source has told me that Gilmore is also gone, but he didn't sound as sure as he did about Sanders. What I've gathered from this is Sanders is definitely gone. I have no doubts about that. Based on what my source said, I'd give it a very solid chance that Gilmore is gone too.

Heard the same thing put it in the other thread. He resigned over 2 weeks ago.

#7 big bro

Scout Team

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 05:40 PM

yep Gilmore is gone and Sanders too not too sure about Watson and also Raymond is are new DB coach

#8 HuskersNow

Backup

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 05:44 PM

Why can't Cotton go, too? Without a decent offensive line, it won't matter who the other offensive coaches are.

#9 MR Red

Scout Team

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 05:48 PM

I was told this morning that Watson, Sanders, and Gilmore are all out. It was supposed to go down tomorrow but this announcement from Indiana totally screwed things. I was also told that Beck and Scott Frost could potentially be our new co-offensive coordinators. I realize most of you wont trust a random unknown poster like me but thats what I was told.
:throwdabones1:

#10 PaulCrewe

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 6,861 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 05:49 PM

View PostLil' Red, on 02 February 2011 - 05:35 PM, said:

If this is true Sanders will be a big loss and if we go by results I'd say he is the best position coach we have so I hope Raymond can do a good job of replacing him.

Raymond knows Bo and his system, it should be fairly smooth transition if true. Might even be a better, maybe more seen recruiter. If this is true it sucks, no way about it. Marvin bled Husker red and was a great coach, sucks that it may end over a situation like this.
2014: THE INFLUX CONTINUES
FEAR THE DAY WALKERS!!!!!!!!

#11 HuskerBruin

All Conference

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 05:50 PM

View Postbig bro, on 02 February 2011 - 05:40 PM, said:

yep Gilmore is gone and Sanders too not too sure about Watson and also Raymond is are new DB coach

I also heard that Raymond is our new DB coach. My source on this is Kevin Wilson.

#12 Blackshirtsguru

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 5,041 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 06:00 PM

View PostPaulCrewe, on 02 February 2011 - 05:49 PM, said:

View PostLil' Red, on 02 February 2011 - 05:35 PM, said:

Raymond knows Bo and his system, it should be fairly smooth transition if true. Might even be a better, maybe more seen recruiter. If this is true it sucks, no way about it. Marvin bled Husker red and was a great coach, sucks that it may end over a situation like this.

If it is true...I have been reading that Raymond has good recruiting ties to the Florida/SE part of the country. If so that would favorable........I also agree...that Sanders is one hell of a position coach. I also feel that he had input in the overall defensive schemes we ran too.
"The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have." Vince Lombardi

#13 Husker_x

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 5,202 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 06:04 PM

If there is a bright side to losing Sanders––and there isn't––it would be that Bo Pelini's main strength, besides being a defensive genius, is the secondary. It was where he played in college. Whoever he gets will have no lack of coaching talent around him.

Posted Image

#14 mitch7

All Conference

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 06:05 PM

I hate to see Sanders go. I wonder if the new recruits were aware of this. Perhaps that is why Jackson seemed to open up is recruiting for a short while 2 weeks ago.

#15 Roark

Travel Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 269 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 06:17 PM

View PostHuskerBruin, on 02 February 2011 - 05:50 PM, said:

I also heard that Raymond is our new DB coach. My source on this is Kevin Wilson.

I like the avatar. George Flippin is a pretty inspirational character.

#16 The Dude

Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,512 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 06:21 PM

Well, the last coach (besides Bo) I wanted to see leave. Huge loss, no way around it.

Hope it's not true.
Posted Image
#Entitled

"Everything we've asked for, we've gotten." - Bo Pelini

#17 Hunter94

Wizard of Osborne

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,380 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 06:26 PM

i am sure Bo will get around to advising us of these changes by the Spring Game.. :snacks:

#18 BIGREDIOWAN

Legend

• Mods
  • 24,565 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 06:41 PM

View PostHunter94, on 02 February 2011 - 06:26 PM, said:

i am sure Bo will get around to advising us of these changes by the Spring Game.. :snacks:

Don't hold your breath...........he'll probably never tell us. :lol:
Posted Image

Posted Image

#19 huskers1

All American

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 06:48 PM

Well since I believe your brother plays for Gilmore I would strongly believe what you are saying. Hopefully Watson is heading out with the other two. I share in everyone elses sentiment about Sanders though-the guy was a very good coach.

#20 CornHunka

Backup

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 06:48 PM

View PostMR Red, on 02 February 2011 - 05:48 PM, said:

I was told this morning that Watson, Sanders, and Gilmore are all out. It was supposed to go down tomorrow but this announcement from Indiana totally screwed things. I was also told that Beck and Scott Frost could potentially be our new co-offensive coordinators. I realize most of you wont trust a random unknown poster like me but thats what I was told.

+2 We must have the same source

#21 Skull&Bones

Backup

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 06:51 PM

Did a reliable or trusted source tell you this or a Joe Schmo in the juice aisle? I hope you're right...big bucks, whammies!

#22 MR Red

Scout Team

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 06:51 PM

View PostCornHunka, on 02 February 2011 - 06:48 PM, said:

+2 We must have the same source

:thumbs

#23 BIGREDFAN_in_OMAHA

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 6,666 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 06:54 PM

View PostBIGREDIOWAN, on 02 February 2011 - 06:41 PM, said:

View PostHunter94, on 02 February 2011 - 06:26 PM, said:

Don't hold your breath...........he'll probably never tell us. :lol:

The assistant coaches will now be required to wear red robes and hoods in public so we'll never know when they are changed. The Secret Order of the Pelinis!!!

#24 MR Red

Scout Team

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 06:54 PM

View PostSkull&Bones, on 02 February 2011 - 06:51 PM, said:

Did a reliable or trusted source tell you this or a Joe Schmo in the juice aisle? I hope you're right...big bucks, whammies!

it was someone that I certainly trust.

#25 Roark

Travel Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 269 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 06:57 PM

NO Whammies!

Posted Image

#26 Skull&Bones

Backup

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 07:00 PM

View PostMR Red, on 02 February 2011 - 06:54 PM, said:

it was someone that I certainly trust.

That's all I wanted to hear over the last couple days. I like this thread...gets right to the point. True or not I can finally fall asleep tonight. Thank you good sir. :corndance

#27 blackshirts5115

Backup

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 07:54 PM

On rivals now, Sean Callahan says there was a recruiting dinner in which every coach was present except for Sanders, Gilmore, Watson, and Bo. I'm sure we'll be hearing some great news tomorrow about who is no longer a Nebraska coach (except for Sanders. sucks to lose him).

Another rumor being passed on is that Frost and Beck will be co-offensive coordinators. I'll believe that one when I see it though.

#28 Husker Richard

Grad Assistant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 07:59 PM

View Postblackshirts5115, on 02 February 2011 - 07:54 PM, said:

On rivals now, Sean Callahan says there was a recruiting dinner in which every coach was present except for Sanders, Gilmore, Watson, and Bo. I'm sure we'll be hearing some great news tomorrow about who is no longer a Nebraska coach (except for Sanders. sucks to lose him).

Another rumor being passed on is that Frost and Beck will be co-offensive coordinators. I'll believe that one when I see it though.

However, by that logic, Bo will no longer be with the program.....

And Frost is not coming here. I'd love to see it, but it's not gonna happen.
Posted Image

#29 HuskerNMO

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 08:21 PM

View PostHusker Richard, on 02 February 2011 - 07:59 PM, said:

View Postblackshirts5115, on 02 February 2011 - 07:54 PM, said:

However, by that logic, Bo will no longer be with the program.....

And Frost is not coming here. I'd love to see it, but it's not gonna happen.

Bo was joining by teleconference, Beck is talking about the RB's and QB's so far.

#30 Husker Z

Backup

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 08:24 PM

Okay, there is enough smoke to come to the conclusion Wats, Gilmore and Sanders are gone. However, is Frost coming or not??? There are some random, cryptic stuff out there, but I'm just not sure about that aspect yet. I think it would be a great addition to the staff and I think the Oregon offense is exactly what Bo wants, so maybe it makes sense. I also love Tim Beck and think he could be an awesome coordinator, but as a first timer, it might not hurt to have someone along side, maybe someone on the sideline to be with the QB.

#31 SECHusker

Blackshirt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 08:52 PM

This one hurts more than the UT game.

Besides Brown, he was easily our best position coach.

#32 dutch91701

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 09:03 PM

Is it possible that Sanders is going somewhere else and that everyone involved was waiting until after signing day to announce the moves? Just hoping that Sanders wasn't fired and Watson was.
Posted Image

#33 bsbch

Travel Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 214 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 09:03 PM

Can you imagine Bo, Carl and Manginoplasty going off on the refs all at once?? Boom...
I've done an EXCELLENT job - Bill Callahan

#34 Blackshirtsguru

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 5,041 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 09:15 PM

View PostSECHusker, on 02 February 2011 - 08:52 PM, said:

Keep in mind that Raymond is no scrub coach. I have been doing a lot of reading up on this guy. Apparently he has a lot of ties in SEC country. Especially down in Louisiana. Take it for what it's worth. Not to mention the guy played CB in the NFL from 1992 to 1998. This is very intriguing for potential recruits who want to learn/move up to the next level.

#35 Husker Z

Backup

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 09:18 PM

View PostBlackshirtsguru, on 02 February 2011 - 09:15 PM, said:

Keep in mind that Raymond is no scrub coach. I have been doing a lot of reading up on this guy. Apparently he has a lot of ties in SEC country. Especially down in Florida. Take it for what it's worth.

And that Bo is an EXCELLENT secondary coach as well, that's kind of his background. Marvin is an awesome coach, but I don't expect a huge dropoff without him.

#36 Blackshirtsguru

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 5,041 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 09:20 PM

View PostHusker Z, on 02 February 2011 - 09:18 PM, said:

Keep in mind that Raymond is no scrub coach. I have been doing a lot of reading up on this guy. Apparently he has a lot of ties in SEC country. Especially down in Florida. Take it for what it's worth.

And that Bo is an EXCELLENT secondary coach as well, that's kind of his background. Marvin is an awesome coach, but I don't expect a huge dropoff without him.

I really don't either. I just think we got comfortable/used to Sanders coaching our DB's and doing a really good job at it!

#37 Husker Z

Backup

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 09:23 PM

View PostBlackshirtsguru, on 02 February 2011 - 09:20 PM, said:

I really don't either. I just think we got comfortable/used to Sanders coaching our DB's and doing a really good job at it!

Totally agree and not looking forward to the "Sky is Falling" on this one though!

#38 macroboy

All American

• Members
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 09:29 PM

View PostHuskerBruin, on 02 February 2011 - 05:50 PM, said:

:clap

#39 macroboy

All American

• Members
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 09:32 PM

Do you ever think that rumors that start in a Huskerboard thread are actually the source of rumors referenced in a later huskerboard thread?

#40 matthew_m_g

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,376 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 09:45 PM

View Postbsbch, on 02 February 2011 - 09:03 PM, said:

Can you imagine Bo, Carl and Manginoplasty going off on the refs all at once?? Boom...

I can imagine Mangino, Carl, and Bo teeing off on the Big 10 all the way to the title game.

Despite his size, Mangino is an offensive genius that may be looking for a place to land. And I'm sure Dr. Tom would be straight with Mangino and his weight and offer assistance to get him out of the morbidly obese statistic--Dr. Tom loves reclamation projects such as this (Mangino--not our offense), and it would be a win for everyone involved.

As for Sanders, there hopefully is a darn good explanation for all this. He is perhaps the second-best or best assistant on the team, depending on what you think of Hot Carl (whom I believe is head coach material already).
A Texas Tech fan asked me "Since Beebe is gone, will you come back to the Big XII?" I replied, "Why would we move back to the slums just because the slumlord was fired?"

#41 mnhusker

Grad Assistant

• Members
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 09:52 PM

It will be nice if this goes down.

#42 huskerscott

Grad Assistant

• Members
  • 2,371 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 09:52 PM

View Postmatthew_m_g, on 02 February 2011 - 09:45 PM, said:

View Postbsbch, on 02 February 2011 - 09:03 PM, said:

I can imagine Mangino, Carl, and Bo teeing off on the Big 10 all the way to the title game.

Despite his size, Mangino is an offensive genius that may be looking for a place to land. And I'm sure Dr. Tom would be straight with Mangino and his weight and offer assistance to get him out of the morbidly obese statistic--Dr. Tom loves reclamation projects such as this (Mangino--not our offense), and it would be a win for everyone involved.

As for Sanders, there hopefully is a darn good explanation for all this. He is perhaps the second-best or best assistant on the team, depending on what you think of Hot Carl (whom I believe is head coach material already).

Im more worried about our offense than Mangino's weight. If he can coach us to 24 pts a game, then let the fat guy coach. Who cares about his freaking weight, I know we kid and make fun of him. But about 5 years ago I wish he was the one calling the shots on our offense.
Posted Image

#43 huskerj12

Scout Team

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 09:53 PM

Mangino's weight wasn't what got him fired, it was the fact that he is a psychopath who by many accounts verbally and possibly physically abused his players. I don't think I want him here. We already have a touch too much psycho on our sidelines already! haha

#44 SECHusker

Blackshirt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 09:56 PM

View PostHusker Z, on 02 February 2011 - 09:23 PM, said:

View PostBlackshirtsguru, on 02 February 2011 - 09:20 PM, said:

Totally agree and not looking forward to the "Sky is Falling" on this one though!

I hope ya'll are right, but I ya'll understating Marvin's value. I don't remember the dbs at LSU or OU being as good as they are here. In Marvin's 3 year tenure he has produced 1 safety drafted, a potential number 1 pick, a future potential number 1 pick in Dennard, and both Hagg and Gomes have a legit shot at being drafted.

Marvin knew secondary, and regardless of how qualified this guy is there will be a drop off next year.

IMO this is the one coach, on both sides, that we could ill afford to lose.

#45 mnhusker

Grad Assistant

• Members
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 09:59 PM

Let me add to the "If this is true" Beck and Scott Frost ... are they strong enough to run the entire offense for the Huskers ... don't get me wrong I like the guys but the coordinator is a big deal.

#46 Lil' Red

All Conference

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 10:04 PM

View Postmnhusker, on 02 February 2011 - 09:59 PM, said:

Let me add to the "If this is true" Beck and Scott Frost ... are they strong enough to run the entire offense for the Huskers ... don't get me wrong I like the guys but the coordinator is a big deal.

I think so. Beck has worked under Mangino and Frost has worked under Kelley so they have worked with two good offensive minds. Also we seemed to be preparing Beck for this last season.

#47 dutch91701

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 10:24 PM

View Postmnhusker, on 02 February 2011 - 09:59 PM, said:

Better question: Worst case scenario, could they be any more incompetent than our current OC?
Posted Image

#48 macroboy

All American

• Members
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 10:36 PM

View Postblackshirts5115, on 02 February 2011 - 05:19 PM, said:

Can anyone elaborate on the "legality" issues? I doubt we will ever find out. The program is really tight lipped about this stuff....and they should be but I'm still curious.

#49 GM_Tood

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,002 posts

HB Donor Bronze

Posted 02 February 2011 - 10:46 PM

View Postmacroboy, on 02 February 2011 - 10:36 PM, said:

Can anyone elaborate on the "legality" issues?

No comment...next question? :moreinteresting
----------------
mods-1 me-0

#50 macroboy

All American

• Members
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 11:17 PM

View PostGM_Tood, on 02 February 2011 - 10:46 PM, said:

View Postmacroboy, on 02 February 2011 - 10:36 PM, said:

Can anyone elaborate on the "legality" issues?

No comment...next question? :moreinteresting

I can't believe you would treat the fan base this way@!!! :corndance

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users