new girlfriend hates football

This is an obvious character flaw. I say dump her before it gets too serious and she starts planing things (Visiting her mother or her brother/sister and their families. Weddings or other long drawn out events.) that conflict with Husker Games. This is not allowed in Husker Nation.

T_O_B

:throwdabones1::bonesflag::throwdabones1:

TO Speaks the truth......

I'd say dump her and find someone else who's willing to get into things that you like because like someone else said its a two way street.

Since being with my wife I got her addicted to the Huskers and she even remembers their names and what positions they play, shot she'll even yell during games once in awhile. I got her into UFC fights and The Ultimate Fighter seasons and she knows a lot of the fighters and who they previously fought.

Since she got into my favorite shows and in depth with my favorite college football team I figured that I'd return the favor. I'll watch Grey's Anatomy, Glee, and HGTV House Hunters with her. I'll even go to a musical with her and I even took her to Stomp when it was in town because she enjoys those activites and TV shows. It goes both ways.

I work with a girl that'll get pissed off when we talk about football or when we're trying to keep up with our fantasy players on Sundays. One time she got upset that my buddy and I were keeping track of our fantasy players at work that she asked to go home in the afternoon when our shift didn't end at 3. Needless to say I told her to go home if she wanted to be a big baby.

Heres the deal. To make a jump decision about something that has not proved to be an issue and wont for atleast 1/2 a year is foolish. It may or may not even matter. Will you still be together in the fall? What if you are and she leaves you to have saturdays to yourself and friends and never makes a deal about it? There is a lot of time to pass before you may or may not have any problems.

The simple deal is this, do you like her? If you do then see what happens. You might just be surprised....

Ol' Fro had a girl he started seeing in Jan. of 2001. She didnt like football, could care less. She had not knoledge of the game and didnt care to learn. Things went really well and I really liked here. She maynot have understood my addiction to football, but she put up with it.

By football season #2 i took her to a game or two. She had fun tailgating and partying with my frieds, but she actually feel asleep during the games. no biggie to me, she had fun and never bothered me during he season.

By season 3 she stayed awake and had pick a favorite player to watch. She still had very little idea what was happening but she had fun and again....never bothered me.

Every year she got a little more into it. She still is not a fan like me, but she watches some games and travels with me to others. She never bugs, bothers or nags me about football. She just knows. I also have picked things up that she likes, thats what people who care about eachother do... you comprimise and support eachother and the things that are important to them. Never thought for the life of me i would see broadway plays...but i have been to my fair share and i enjoy spending time with her.

Long story short, that girl that nearly every body here would have told me to get rid of, that girl that i meet this week 10 years ago, is now the mother of my son, my wife of the last 5 1/2 years and the love of my life.

Take the ride and see where it takes you buddy, it may or maynot be the best of your life....

thanks for all the advice guys, when i approached her about why she does not like football her reasoning was that she never understood the rules...so i figure shes coming over this sunday to watch the super bowl ill give her a run down of football and the basic rules....the last game we attempted to watch was the national championship game and i really wanted to pull my hair out after explaining for the 3rd time why the team kicks the ball on 4th down she finally understood...or at least i think haha, She has never been to a big time college football game live so my goal is to bring her down to minneapolis and watch the huskers play this year!

thanks for all the advice guys, when i approached her about why she does not like football her reasoning was that she never understood the rules...so i figure shes coming over this sunday to watch the super bowl ill give her a run down of football and the basic rules....the last game we attempted to watch was the national championship game and i really wanted to pull my hair out after explaining for the 3rd time why the team kicks the ball on 4th down she finally understood...or at least i think haha, She has never been to a big time college football game live so my goal is to bring her down to minneapolis and watch the huskers play this year!

Invest in a white board...then invest in killer cacti to come visit and draw everything up and explain to her what's going on, while you're watching the game of course.

Invest in a white board...then invest in killer cacti to come visit and draw everything up and explain to her what's going on, while you're watching the game of course.

:rollin :rollin

Well, there is some good advise here. I was married for 18 years to a woman who could care less about anything I was interested in and eventually forced many of the things I liked out of my life. Needless to say I did not make that mistake twice, current gf of four years (longest relationship shes ever had) allows me to park my bike in the dining room, because I do not have good enough storage for it in the winter. She is not a motorcycle nut like I am but understands that it is important to me, which makes it important to her. Four years and counting.

My wife hated football when I first met her. Didn't care for it one bit.............now she's a rabid Husker fan and watches football with me all season. They can be changed if they want to be with you. The only time she gets pissed is when she confuses the NFL rules with the college rules, that doesn't make much sense to her.

My wife hated football when I first met her. Didn't care for it one bit.............now she's a rabid Husker fan and watches football with me all season. They can be changed if they want to be with you. The only time she gets pissed is when she confuses the NFL rules with the college rules, that doesn't make much sense to her.

:laughpound :laughpound :laughpound

Who doesn't get confused and angry?

Heres the deal. To make a jump decision about something that has not proved to be an issue and wont for atleast 1/2 a year is foolish. It may or may not even matter. Will you still be together in the fall? What if you are and she leaves you to have saturdays to yourself and friends and never makes a deal about it? There is a lot of time to pass before you may or may not have any problems.

The simple deal is this, do you like her? If you do then see what happens. You might just be surprised....

Ol' Fro had a girl he started seeing in Jan. of 2001. She didnt like football, could care less. She had not knoledge of the game and didnt care to learn. Things went really well and I really liked here. She maynot have understood my addiction to football, but she put up with it.

By football season #2 i took her to a game or two. She had fun tailgating and partying with my frieds, but she actually feel asleep during the games. no biggie to me, she had fun and never bothered me during he season.

By season 3 she stayed awake and had pick a favorite player to watch. She still had very little idea what was happening but she had fun and again....never bothered me.

Every year she got a little more into it. She still is not a fan like me, but she watches some games and travels with me to others. She never bugs, bothers or nags me about football. She just knows. I also have picked things up that she likes, thats what people who care about eachother do... you comprimise and support eachother and the things that are important to them. Never thought for the life of me i would see broadway plays...but i have been to my fair share and i enjoy spending time with her.

Long story short, that girl that nearly every body here would have told me to get rid of, that girl that i meet this week 10 years ago, is now the mother of my son, my wife of the last 5 1/2 years and the love of my life.

Take the ride and see where it takes you buddy, it may or maynot be the best of your life....

Sounds very similar to my ex..

Buckeye37 went to tOSU about the same time coach Bo was playing there..She might have gone to one game but never got season tickets during her 4 years there.

She didn't really get into it until we'd gotten Divorced after being together ~7 years and she volunteered to coach our Son's Pop Warner league and asked me to give her a crash course in Feetball.

I tried rooting for her Buckeyes durring the Marriage and even got us two matching pair of Husker/Buckeye rearview mirror helmets joined at the antenna hole by a short pencil ..I knew it was over when she only hung up the Buckeye helmet without the Husker one in her Jeep.

Now she's a big Football fan and even threw a SuperBowl party that Our hybrid Son and I weren't invited to. :(

Sounds very similar to my ex..Buckeye37 went to tOSU about the same time coach Bo was playing there..She might have gone to one game but never got season tickets during her 4 years there.

She didn't really get into it until we'd gotten Divorced after being together ~7 years and she volunteered to coach our Son's Pop Warner league and asked me to give her a crash course in Feetball.

I tried rooting for her Buckeyes durring the Marriage and even got us two matching pair of Husker/Buckeye rearview mirror helmets joined at the antenna hole by a short pencil ..I knew it was over when she only hung up the Buckeye helmet without the Husker one in her Jeep.

Now she's a big Football fan and even threw a SuperBowl party that Our hybrid Son and I weren't invited to. :(

Nuff said??

Sounds very similar to my ex..

Buckeye37 went to tOSU about the same time coach Bo was playing there..She might have gone to one game but never got season tickets during her 4 years there.

That sucks buddy...

for us its a little different, we went to the same d-2 college so we have that team, and since she could have cared less before we meet she didnt have any football teams. She has picked up the Mizzou and KC Chiefs torch and ran with it. Its something that we have grown to enjoy together. I knew i had here hooked when she got ticked at me this year because i didnt take her to any of the games i went to. I think it has to easier when you have teams in common, a house divided is tough...

Why should your wife/girlfriend have the same interests? Or all of the same interests? My wife of 19 years knows I am passionate about football. I know she's not. I talk to her about football stuff sometimes and she listens and she can carry on a conversation, but frankly, she doesn't care. She goes to the Spring Game with me but no other games.

She has interests that I am NOT interested in. Those are her things, and she does them in her spare time, and it's all good.

If you're focusing on whether she likes football or not, you're most likely not focusing on the important things in your relationship.