Schlabach's Way Too Early Top 25 2011

Lol... FSU @ 3... uh, no.

Also, I think we'll be fine on D. we have 3 returning starters in the secondary, and look for David, compton, and Fisher at LB. At D-line, we've got Meredith, Crick, and Steinkuhler returning. Technically, we're only replacing 2 starters as we'll see a lot more 4-3 than Peso.

We win Legends and the Big 10 CCG, we're in the BCS and likely we're in the MNC game.

Wow it sounds even more ridiculous when used in a sentence. They really have to change those division names.

Agree. I saw a Big 10 commercial with those names in it, and all I could think about was why not just name the divisions "Douches" and "Tools." Doesn't sound much worse.

I would rather be lower to start the season, than the 7-10 range(by most "experts') to start the season. You can really only go up in the rankings if you start the season in the 20's or not ranked. With no monkey on our backs, we shouldnt feel the pressure like we did in the Texas game this year. Journalists that write these articles also look at schedules. The only reason we were ranked so high at the start of last season was because of our cream puff schedule. Our schedule is going to be ranked in the top 15, so experts know there is a high risk involved to put us any higher.

There are some teams that i can only laugh about, such as ASU and Michigan State. The refs should have called the game off early in the bowl game against Alabama, spartans were laying all over the field that day, and they are ranked 16th, very laughable.

We win Legends and the Big 10 CCG, we're in the BCS and likely we're in the MNC game.

Wow it sounds even more ridiculous when used in a sentence. They really have to change those division names.

And the logo. Everything about the conference design was a B1G failure.

Just be glad we're not in Leaders: "All we have to do is lead, er, Leaders and win the Big 10 CCG . . . " For crying out loud, put Wisconsin and Illinois in our division, Michigan and Michigan State in the other, call 'em East and West, go back to the old logo, and all will be right in the world. This is an example of when trying to be too cute comes back to bite you in the ***.

Pre-season rankings serve one purpose - to tell everybody 'this is how good we think you are'. Key word: think. They mean literally nothing. A lot of people say rankings don't matter till midseason, but for the most part, I don't think they matter all. Unfortunately, with so many teams and such a wacky system, you have to have rankings. No rankings in the NFL works because of the divisions and the low number of teams. I kind of wish the system in college was similar, at times.

Are "Atlantic" and "Coastal" already taken? ...Well poop. There goes my idea.