You get a virus from RSS once a month?

hm?

Invest in antivirus software. Or even better, say "NO!" to Windows.

because OSX doesn't get viruses, right? :moreinteresting

OSX is only slightly better than Windows. Try using linux - it actually doesn't get viruses.

Linux is just as prone to viruses as OSX or Windows, it just isn't targeted as much.

I guess my question is more, how do you get a virus from visiting RSS once a month? Do you click on a virus link that a member posts? Does Rivals have some malware being delivered through their sites?

Rivals sells ad space, some of the people who place the ads have injected Malware into the ads, the individual sites have no control over it.

hm?

OSX is only slightly better than Windows. Try using linux - it actually doesn't get viruses.

Linux is just as prone to viruses as OSX or Windows, it just isn't targeted as much.

That is incorrect, but I'm done hijacking this thread. Here's 2 links if you want to know more: link1, link2

hm?

That is incorrect, but I'm done hijacking this thread. Here's 2 links if you want to know more: link1, link2

There is nothing about the people that write the Linux kernel or applications that run on Linux more flawless than Microsoft's engineers and coders. There's just fewer people using it, therefore less people try to exploit the vulnerabilities that exist than those who attack Microsoft.

I guess my question is more, how do you get a virus from visiting RSS once a month? Do you click on a virus link that a member posts? Does Rivals have some malware being delivered through their sites?

Rivals sells ad space, some of the people who place the ads have injected Malware into the ads, the individual sites have no control over it.

That is horribly irresponsible of Rivals. I may just avoid them from now on.

Wasn't there something like this with Scout too? My goodness.

That is horribly irresponsible of Rivals. I may just avoid them from now on.

Wasn't there something like this with Scout too? My goodness.

To be fair, this happens on most websites that have a third party advertiser, which is most of them from what I can tell. As an example, imagine Google paid Rivals for their ad space, then Google is responsible for the ads and Rivals doesn't usually know what's going to be on the ads until they're posted. You just have to be careful when clicking on ANY link anywhere on the web.

There is nothing about the people that write the Linux kernel or applications that run on Linux more flawless than Microsoft's engineers and coders. There's just fewer people using it, therefore less people try to exploit the vulnerabilities that exist than those who attack Microsoft.

Sigh. You didn't check the links did you? The long and short of it is that web servers are more valuable to hack than home computers. Linux/unix is on more servers (in addition to embedded devices, smart phones, etc.) than Windows. Therefore, there should be a lot of hackers trying to break into linux/unix.

Sigh. You didn't check the links did you? The long and short of it is that web servers are more valuable to hack than home computers. Linux/unix is on more servers (in addition to embedded devices, smart phones, etc.) than Windows. Therefore, there should be a lot of hackers trying to break into linux/unix.

I did read the links, they are highly slanted and dangerous articles, Linux is a more secure OS out of the box, no argument, but that doesn't mean you don't need to protect it and that it's not vulnerable. People attack Apache all of the time, go look at the stats for Fortune 500 and Fortune 1000 companies and what their preference is regarding Linux vs Windows for Web Servers. People attack end users because they're the weakest link in the system, and always will be.

Curious if you're in the IT field and what you do.

I did read the links, they are highly slanted and dangerous articles, Linux is a more secure OS out of the box, no argument, but that doesn't mean you don't need to protect it and that it's not vulnerable. People attack Apache all of the time, go look at the stats for Fortune 500 and Fortune 1000 companies and what their preference is regarding Linux vs Windows for Web Servers. People attack end users because they're the weakest link in the system, and always will be.

Curious if you're in the IT field and what you do.

I'll PM you to stop taking up this thread.