NU is going to the big MF'ing dance!

:facepalm: This faceplam is for me expecting to find some kind of merit in a thread titled as is. Man the insomnia tonight is killing me. Here I was expecting to find something thought provoking and backed with some solid facts, info, data, anything. I should have known.

Oh what the hell :facepalm:, one for the thread as well.

Now someone make some attempt at validating this...this...whatever this is.

I won't make an attempt at validating this "epic collapse" of a thread....nor do I agree that it will take a collapse in order for us to not go dancing. We still have work to do. Win 3 out of 4 is what it comes down to....in whatever order...doesn't matter. Hopefully we carry some momentum from the last three wins. I think we're peaking at the right time. A win vs KState wed would be HUGE! Everyone reading this needs to be there!!!!!

Win 3 out of 4 and 1 tournament game. I think that could do it. I'm just happy we can still dream of this with 4 games left in the season. Didn't really think that would be the case 2 weeks ago.

This. As a Husker fan, I'm just glad that with only 4 games left we can play with scenarios and discuss what it'll take to get it.

If you want to be positive you'll get in, win out and make it to the championship game in KC.

If you want to feel real good about your chances, win out and pick up a tourney win or two.

If you want to be on the bubble and unsure, win 3 of 4 and one tourney game.

Anything less than that and their out. They've been so inconsistent I won't get my hopes up, but it is there for the taking. Please sell out the damn BOB wednesday and make the trip to Aimes.

Now someone make some attempt at validating this...this...whatever this is.

Yay for unabashed optimism :hmmph ?

I'm still thinking hoping 8-8 and a single game win or more in the Big XII tourney will get us a seat.

Then again, with CBB being down overall this year, our "improved mediocrity" may get lost in the shuffle with the deluge of bubble team possibilities this year...so maybe 3 of the last 4 and 2+ wins in the Big XII tourney is the only way in.

Regardless, nothing wrong with drinking the Kool-Aid, Paul, just so long as you mix it with a fifth of Jack. :koolaid2:

Here I will try to give some facts:

If we win all four games to end the season we will be ranked in the top 25 going into the conference tourny and will be in the NCAA even if we lose in that. Our RPI would rise into the mid to low 30s

If we go 3 of 4 and two of the wins are against Mizz and KS then we likely be in without having to win in the big 12. We will have 5 wins over the top 50 RPI and 4 over the top 30 which would clearly put us in the tourny. Most bubble teams boast maybe 2 big wins, we could possibly have 4 and it would be really hard to keep us out.

If we win at home and lose on the road we will have to win 2 in the big 12 to get in.

If you think about it there is no reason we can't go 10-6. We are a whole different team at home and could easily win against a shaky k-state team and a mizzou team that is almost as bad as we are on the road. Thats two wins right there. ISU has been flat out awful in Big 12 play this year so getting a win in Ames is very do-able. It all comes down to the Colorado game, just shut down Burks and limit their 3's and that gives us a great chance. No question we can go 4-0, we just need to play inspired ball.

3-1 might be good enough, but the loss can't be to ISU. That would give NU 3 horrible losses (TT, ISU, Davidson). This is a tough guessing game to play, look through the different RPIs out there, I've seen NU in the 40s and as low as 70s.

Listening to Schick and Nick this morning, Brian Rosenthal made a GREAT point. The loss that hurts NU most is the Vandy loss, not because it's a bad loss, but because of what could have been. You'd have a win over a top 20 RPI team and then you'd erase the Davidson loss and Hofstra win and replace them with games agains West Virginia and UNC. Even if you lose both those games you're way better off than with what actually happened. The worst part is NU was in that game almost the whole way and really could have won it. Oh what could have been...

I think it is safe to say the Big12 is getting 6 teams into the tournament. The leagues RPI is 3rd. That puts NU, KSU, CU, and Baylor fighting for 2 spots. NU, KSU, and Baylor are 6-6 with CU at 5-7.

NU has vs KSU, @ISU, vs MU, @CU

KSU has @NU, vs MU, @TX, vs ISU

Baylor has @MU, vs A&M, @OSU, vs TX

CU has @TT, vs TX, @ISU, vs NU

NU's schedule isn't terrible. The KSU game is big. This is exciting.

3-1 might be good enough, but the loss can't be to ISU. That would give NU 3 horrible losses (TT, ISU, Davidson). This is a tough guessing game to play, look through the different RPIs out there, I've seen NU in the 40s and as low as 70s.

Listening to Schick and Nick this morning, Brian Rosenthal made a GREAT point. The loss that hurts NU most is the Vandy loss, not because it's a bad loss, but because of what could have been. You'd have a win over a top 20 RPI team and then you'd erase the Davidson loss and Hofstra win and replace them with games agains West Virginia and UNC. Even if you lose both those games you're way better off than with what actually happened. The worst part is NU was in that game almost the whole way and really could have won it. Oh what could have been...

That's a great point by Rosenthal. I think with the amount of mediocre teams and the way middle of the road teams have beat up on eachother in conference play, the selection committee will put even more stock than usual into what those bubble teams did outside their conference. Showing we can hang with the likes of UNC and WV would've been HUGE!! That's all behind us though, and our fate still lies in our own hands. We just gotta play great D like always and build off the offensive aggressiveness that we started to show aagainst UT.

If you think about it there is no reason we can't go 10-6. We are a whole different team at home and could easily win against a shaky k-state team and a mizzou team that is almost as bad as we are on the road. Thats two wins right there. ISU has been flat out awful in Big 12 play this year so getting a win in Ames is very do-able. It all comes down to the Colorado game, just shut down Burks and limit their 3's and that gives us a great chance. No question we can go 4-0, we just need to play inspired ball.

There is exactly no reason that we can't go 4-0 you are very right, but on the other hand there is no reason that we can't go 0-4, this is a nebraska team that is VERY inconsistent, if Doc and the home crowd can get these kids pumped up and they have the heart to want to play in the big dance then they will get it done, we just need to do our part and show up at the games and be LOUD, the crowd pumps up the players and fuels them to play well

I think it is safe to say the Big12 is getting 6 teams into the tournament. The leagues RPI is 3rd. That puts NU, KSU, CU, and Baylor fighting for 2 spots. NU, KSU, and Baylor are 6-6 with CU at 5-7.

NU has vs KSU, @ISU, vs MU, @CU

KSU has @NU, vs MU, @TX, vs ISU

Baylor has @MU, vs A&M, @OSU, vs TX

CU has @TT, vs TX, @ISU, vs NU

NU's schedule isn't terrible. The KSU game is big. This is exciting.

You should also mention Mizzou. They could very well drop games to NU and KSU as they are road games and if Baylor is fighting for a spot they could go in and beat Mizzou at their place. Also, OSU needs to lose tonight at KU. A win for them tonight would be what the Texas win was for NU Saturday.