SIGNED DT Vincent Valentine

Nexus

Sometimes it is hard to look at kids like this on film and see what you think you are going to see. Most people will think they are going to see this beast killing everyone. Generally with a kid this size you see lots of plays running away from him, him taking up two or three blockers and him basically never getting pushed back at all.

Its tough to look at that think WOW because you want to see him making video game like plays. The value with kids like this is that it makes the game 11 on 10 or 11 on 9.

Sometimes it is hard to look at kids like this on film and see what you think you are going to see. Most people will think they are going to see this beast killing everyone. Generally with a kid this size you see lots of plays running away from him, him taking up two or three blockers and him basically never getting pushed back at all.

Its tough to look at that think WOW because you want to see him making video game like plays. The value with kids like this is that it makes the game 11 on 10 or 11 on 9.

It was either Tom Lemming or Tom Luginbill that said DT is the hardest position to scout at the high school level. The percentage rate of "misses" or "busts" are greater at that position apparently.

It was either Tom Lemming or Tom Luginbill that said DT is the hardest position to scout at the high school level. The percentage rate of "misses" or "busts" are greater at that position apparently.

I could see that, lots of time in high school a DT might be going against a lot of 225 pound centers, that wont be the case in college. Some of the "big fat" DT's can just use their weight in high school to win battles but that changes in college.

Was seen watching Friday's practice on his official.

I hope he liked what he saw.

This is why I love recruiting season. Most of us are already missing football so much that reports about someone standing around and watching someone else is actually news. I guess the little things really do help get you through!

+1. Occupies 2 blockers and plugs up the middle. Consistent push up the middle on pass rush. This is an important factor to the defensive scheme that Pelini employees.

• 3 weeks later...

Any word on Valentine? I guess he's waiting to visit Florida in a week or so before making a decision, right? I think Valentine would be a GREAT fit for us right now. He comes at a position of need. And we could help him get to the next level. We need a DT in this class. I hope it’s Valentine.

Any word on Valentine? I guess he's waiting to visit Florida in a week or so before making a decision, right? I think Valentine would be a GREAT fit for us right now. He comes at a position of need. And we could help him get to the next level. We need a DT in this class. I hope it’s Valentine.

He wants to take the Florida visit and possibly one other, and then make his decision about a week before signing day.