SIGNED DT Vincent Valentine

Nexus

Kid looks like a beast with a fast motor. It would be a great catch if we could snag him from the other big time programs wanting him. Its nice to see on Rivals that his interest is high for us. Lets hope that is good information.

This guy isn't as good as Shittu

Maybe, but if Valentine wants N you don't pass on him. Defensive line is the hardest position to recruit, there are only a handful of DT's that can come out of highschool and hold their own on the next level.

Judging by his offer list, he isn't to far behind him...Like SEC said, he is more of a nose tackle and not one that will really rely on speed to make plays.

Put him and Jay Guy in the middle and you will have to BIG boys that will plug up the middle and be hard to move.

Put him and Jay Guy in the middle and you will have to BIG boys that will plug up the middle and be hard to move.

Here is the comparison that I was gonna bring up. VV is a space eater and a clogger in the middle. Same body build as Guy. A stout, strong rock in the middle. Aziz is more of the Chase Rome mold coming out of HS. A big strong kid that can take up space inside, but also has great quickness for a guy his size and easily can run plays down from behind.

two different types of players. VV is more of a nose tackle.

Didn't Shittu have a relatively poor showing at a recent camp? I like them both a ton, their offers list says it all. Can't pass on either if they want to come to DONU.

Didn't Shittu have a relatively poor showing at a recent camp? I like them both a ton, their offers list says it all. Can't pass on either if they want to come to DONU.

No clue, but I agree with you it would be good to get them both. I think we end up with Valentine, McMullen, and Bullard/Shittu. My gut tells me Johnson ends up at Arkansas or OSU.

No clue, but I agree with you it would be good to get them both. I think we end up with Valentine, McMullen, and Bullard/Shittu. My gut tells me Johnson ends up at Arkansas or OSU.

Which Johnson, Taiwan? I would love to get 2 DE's and 2 DT's in this class, but I think we will stick at 3 total also. I was looking at needs again and this is what I was thinking at a minimum.

OFFENSE

1 - QB

2 - TE

3 - OL

2 - WR

1 - ATH

9 - TOTAL

DEFENSE

2 - DE

2 - DT

3 - LB

2-3 - DB

9-10 - TOTAL

That is 18 to 19, though if you remove the ATH it is 17 to 18. Obviously I would increase a few numbers if there were room, but frankly I don't see how the coaches would even make room for 17 as it is so there is no way we will take 4 DT/DE though we should. I think 3 LB's, plus maybe a 4th even; I am thinking of a quality JUCO. I am betting we hear more of JUCO LB's in late fall just like all of the other JUCO's we have taken recently. They seem to come on our radar much later. The LB depth is SCARY thin, see below. We are set for this year and 2012, but if they don't get numbers in this year the depth will be all walkons for 2013. There are ZERO Sophomores in the LB corps. I heard Cooper may move to LB, that would be a blessing if Cooper can bulk up enough. Is Pirman even going to stay at LB? Thought I saw recently he was going to start at TE. If that is the case, then I think they take only 1 TE this year and use the number at LB. Not counting Kerr, that would give them Sutton and Pirman as Frosh, 2 quality Juniors, and atleast 1 TE in this class. The 3 recruits from 2011 and 2012 classes would have 1-2 years of seasoning and Bo and Co could bring in 2 more in 2013, not to mention that you have to figure that a walk on or 2 will become quality depth as is often the case at this position, and I think TE is in better shape than originally feared. LB is definitely the issue, but it will cause issues taking numbers in positions where you should take several each year IMO, like DL, OL, and DB.

-Linebackers

Seniors

Lavonte David

Matt May (Walk On)

Juniors

Will Compton

Sean Fisher

Alonzo Whaley

Graham Stoddard (Walk On)

Freshmen

David Santos

Max Pirman (thought I saw recently he may start at TE?)

• Fire 1

Which Johnson, Taiwan? I would love to get 2 DE's and 2 DT's in this class, but I think we will stick at 3 total also. I was looking at needs again and this is what I was thinking at a minimum.

OFFENSE

1 - QB

2 - TE

3 - OL

2 - WR

1 - ATH

9 - TOTAL

DEFENSE

2 - DE

2 - DT

3 - LB

2-3 - DB

9-10 - TOTAL

That is 18 to 19, though if you remove the ATH it is 17 to 18. Obviously I would increase a few numbers if there were room, but frankly I don't see how the coaches would even make room for 17 as it is so there is no way we will take 4 DT/DE though we should. I think 3 LB's, plus maybe a 4th even; I am thinking of a quality JUCO. I am betting we hear more of JUCO LB's in late fall just like all of the other JUCO's we have taken recently. They seem to come on our radar much later. The LB depth is SCARY thin, see below. We are set for this year and 2012, but if they don't get numbers in this year the depth will be all walkons for 2013. There are ZERO Sophomores in the LB corps. I heard Cooper may move to LB, that would be a blessing if Cooper can bulk up enough. Is Pirman even going to stay at LB? Thought I saw recently he was going to start at TE. If that is the case, then I think they take only 1 TE this year and use the number at LB. Not counting Kerr, that would give them Sutton and Pirman as Frosh, 2 quality Juniors, and atleast 1 TE in this class. The 3 recruits from 2011 and 2012 classes would have 1-2 years of seasoning and Bo and Co could bring in 2 more in 2013, not to mention that you have to figure that a walk on or 2 will become quality depth as is often the case at this position, and I think TE is in better shape than originally feared. LB is definitely the issue, but it will cause issues taking numbers in positions where you should take several each year IMO, like DL, OL, and DB.

-Linebackers

Seniors

Lavonte David

Matt May (Walk On)

Juniors

Will Compton

Sean Fisher

Alonzo Whaley

Freshmen

David Santos

Pirman is starting out at TE, but may move back to the defensive side if needed.

OFFENSE

1 - QB

2 - TE

3 - OL

2 - WR

1 - ATH

9 - TOTAL

DEFENSE

2 - DE

2 - DT

3 - LB

2-3 - DB

9-10 - TOTAL

good post. i'd say DE is a bigger priority than DT at this point, so i think we'll definitely take 2 DE's (though it's still possible young cotton ends up there). i don't see us taking a second DT though unless it is an elite guy that decides for us late. LB should be 2, or maybe 3 if we find a juco ready to go or if you count a peso type guy. DB should be 4 (not counting a peso type guy). so i'd say 7 LB's and DB's and 10 total defenders. i like your offensive numbers, though i'm not sure we take a second WR unless we get an elite guy (lawler or ?). i hope and expect that we take one QB and a second "athlete" QB prospect that can play elsewhere (like turner was and fuller appears to be). that would put us at 8 offensive prospects. i do think we'll end up with 17-18 kids in the class.

OFFENSE

1 - QB

2 - TE

3 - OL

2 - WR

1 - ATH

9 - TOTAL

DEFENSE

2 - DE

2 - DT

3 - LB

2-3 - DB

9-10 - TOTAL

-Linebackers

Seniors

Lavonte David

Matt May (Walk On)

Juniors

Will Compton

Sean Fisher

Alonzo Whaley

Freshmen

David Santos

Bo stated we are going to take 15-16 kids, per Talman, but we obviously have some major needs. I believe we take:

1 QB

2 WR,

2 OL,

2 TE,

Total 7

2 DE

1 DT (I believe this is VV, a nose tackle is must get for our new conference)

3 LB

2 DB, with one being a Peso back.

Total 8

That will leave us with 1 or two spots for big fish. I see the Big fish coming from the trenches, with either 1 more DT or 1 more OL.

We will be alright moving Pirman to TE, because Els is going to better at developing LBs than Ekler.