SIGNED WR Jordan Westerkamp

Nexus

I grew up right by his school. Its tiny, maybe class 4A out of 8 classes. They dont really play the "cream of the crop" in the state. Not saying he isnt good, just saying that might impact his "stars" but I have no idea.

His team won the state championship in 5A last year. As you said IL has 8 classes. He plays in a private school conference so there is probably some good talent but its probably not as "ethnically diverse" as some of the other chicagoland conferences. I'd say 3 star is about right.

Nice!! Congrats Jordan Westerkam!! He's been one of the most heavily recruited guys in Illinois this past year. Six other B1G offers so far.

Notice that 40" vertical leap? Can't wait to see him going up for the high ball in the back of the endzone.

I grew up right by his school. Its tiny, maybe class 4A out of 8 classes. They dont really play the "cream of the crop" in the state. Not saying he isnt good, just saying that might impact his "stars" but I have no idea.

His team won the state championship in 5A last year. As you said IL has 8 classes. He plays in a private school conference so there is probably some good talent but its probably not as "ethnically diverse" as some of the other chicagoland conferences. I'd say 3 star is about right.

You hit the nail on the head. Now, the private school in Chitown (Mt. Carmel for one) get some super stars, but the cream of the crop tend to be the 8A class kids, Downers Grove, Naperville (this place is usually loaded with players since they have about 5 high schools all with over 2,500 kids in a small area), Bolingbrook, Aurora, East St. Louis.

Montini was down for a long time, and recently has had some major sucesess, due impart to kids like Jordan. I have no doubt that he will be very good though.

Nice!! Congrats Jordan Westerkam!! He's been one of the most heavily recruited guys in Illinois this past year. Six other B1G offers so far.

Notice that 40" vertical leap? Can't wait to see him going up for the high ball in the back of the endzone.

With that size would you say, Wes Welker? Could be a slot rec at the next level.

With that size would you say, Wes Welker? Could be a slot rec at the next level.

He's alot bigger than Wes, Jordan is about 6'1"-6'2" and 190 pounds. Like other posters have said, he is a Nate Swift type guy.

ii am really liking a strong and meaninful push the last few years to try and get guys to come to Nebraska to better certain areas of the offense... this guy coming in early as WR really signifies that a change is happening in many regards.... now we are a long ways away from getting some of those top guys in places like WR or whatever but i think kids are going to start getting the picture now of what we are gonna be about...

welcome JOrdan!

Very glad that Jordan made is decision to be :bigredn: He looks to be a stud. How much do you wanna bet that his early commitment makes him a :star:star:star

An early committment to Nebraska means Jordan will either be NR or a 5.5 3 :star .