SIGNED WR Jordan Westerkamp

Nexus

Highest regarded high school receiver prospect for us since...?

Niles Paul was a big prospect, wasnt he?

Its funny, the lame posters over on HI (Jaw of course) is freaking out about how bad recruiting it and how the coaches still dont know what they are doing and blah blah blah.

Highest regarded high school receiver prospect for us since...?

Jamal Turner, who I think they were always going to move to WR. Otherwise, I'd say Niles Paul back 4 years ago. Mo Purify was highly ranked the year before that and Chris Brooks the year before that. Huge gap though from Niles til Jamal.

Well, there WAS DJ Woods, but he didn't end up committing. Swigert btw, had a hell of a true frosh year for BC. Led the team in receiving, I think!

His uncle used to post here and we were one of the finalists.

We've had plenty of good WR recruits recently though, high 3*'s and whatnot. Khiry Cooper, Quincy Enunwa, Curenski Gilleylen, these were all good gets. Kinnie wasn't a 4-star?

The two biggest things this kid excells at on film is what RedDenver and SkersChicago have hit on. He is a very good blocker and runs routes very well. Small things that give WRs a leg up on the competition for spots, Another thing I will throw out is this kid is a Smooth runner. I know it is a term that can be thrown around for non-speed burners, but he has speed, but it is such an effortless gait. The Nate Swift comparison is pretty close. All he really needs to improve upon going into his senior year is probably the mental side of the game, like IDing defenses, and trying to see the openings in defenses and how to adjust his routes and techniques. Great pick up from the heart of B1G country.

As for girlknowsfootball, yes the class will be small, probably 15-16, but it isn't so much about kids stepping up to fill spots. There are a select group of players that if they'd verbal the staff sould welcome with open arms(ie Westerkamp, a guy high on NU's board at a position of need). However, there are plenty of kids that the staff would say hold up on that announcement. Bo and company will be very selective at certain positions and can wait. Just because it is a small class, doesn't always mean it needs to be filled now. As the Whorns have found out, filling out a class prior to the season doesn't alwaya pay off. Now if it were October I'd be a little worried.

Again welcome Jordan :bigredn::koolaid2::restore

• Fire 1

Well, there WAS DJ Woods, but he didn't end up committing. Swigert btw, had a hell of a true frosh year for BC. Led the team in receiving, I think!

His uncle used to post here and we were one of the finalists.

We've had plenty of good WR recruits recently though, high 3*'s and whatnot. Khiry Cooper, Quincy Enunwa, Curenski Gilleylen, these were all good gets. Kinnie wasn't a 4-star?

Really? Khiry and Curenski have been complete non-contributors. Jury is still out on Quincy.