Ex-Gator mentor likes NU's chances in Big Ten race

Nexus

ONLY IN THE WORLD-HERALD: Part one of Sam McKewon's two-part Q&A session with ESPN analyst and former Florida coach Urban Meyer.

Nebraska football fans would forgive Urban Meyer if he hasn't explored every nook and cranny of the Huskers' program in recent years. The former coach has been a little busy, after all, leading BCS-buster Utah to an undefeated season in 2004 and winning national titles at Florida in 2006 and 2008.

Continue Reading

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You already knew this, but dropping Tom Osborne’s name to another college football coach is akin to your wife slapping down an AmEx black card, pointing to the back wall of a department store and saying “I’ll take all that.” You’re guaranteed a good response.

Continue Reading

I get the feeling, Urban may be coming out of retirement soon...

Money talks and that will be the deciding factor. He'll get an insane offer from the school he ends up choosing.

I think he's going to OSU

Urban's daughter posted this on Twitter an hour ago:

Stop txting me abt my dad. HE IS NOT repeat NOT, GOING TO OHIO STATE. thanks.

LINK

Good to see Meyer talk up TO cuz he obviously deserves it. Cant wait to see what he has to say about the other guys, especially Carnes.

:yeah

As for the daughter I'm sure she is part of a ploy to squeeze more $$ out of OSU if they call. Besides after living in Utah and Florida a trip to Ohio is a step down no matter the $.

Money talks and that will be the deciding factor. He'll get an insane offer from the school he ends up choosing.

LINK

nikisandler.jpeg

I normally text her to ask about Adam Sandler

LINK

EH that could change if they shell out some major dough

Good to see Meyer talk up TO cuz he obviously deserves it. Cant wait to see what he has to say about the other guys, especially Carnes.

:yeah

As for the daughter I'm sure she is part of a ploy to squeeze more $$ out of OSU if they call. Besides after living in Utah and Florida a trip to Ohio is a step down no matter the $.

Well considering he is from Ohio, not sure that holds water, as for living in Utah or Florida, no thanks on either one. I'm not exactly partial to living in Ohio, but there's no chance I would want to live in either of those states. However, I do not think he is going to return to tOSU.

Utah and Florida both have their distinct advantages. Ohio, ugh...

Of course they do, pretty much all states do, however it is the disadvantages of those two states that outweigh enough for me never to want to live in either of them, as I said I am not partial to Ohio and plan to move when I'm done with grad school, but I know Ohio is actually a pretty decent state to live in (not like its just one city and nothing but farmland--nor is it rustbelt as it is portrayed) and IMO the disadvantages do not outweigh the advantages as I feel they do in those other two states (I am sure ppl who grew up in those other two states or live there now out of choice would probably say they're great places to live--just not for me in any way)

Utah and Florida both have their distinct advantages. Ohio, ugh...

Of course they do, pretty much all states do, however it is the disadvantages of those two states that outweigh enough for me never to want to live in either of them, as I said I am not partial to Ohio and plan to move when I'm done with grad school, but I know Ohio is actually a pretty decent state to live in (not like its just one city and nothing but farmland--nor is it rustbelt as it is portrayed) and IMO the disadvantages do not outweigh the advantages as I feel they do in those other two states (I am sure ppl who grew up in those other two states or live there now out of choice would probably say they're great places to live--just not for me in any way)

I like Ohio...