Obama to announce Osama is dead

Nice job troops! Although it's only one guy and I'm not sure it's going to do much in the ' war on terror,' I can't wait to hear the details on the covert operation. It sounds bad ass! I keep envisioning something Call of Duty like but even awesomer.

I don't claim to know a lot about politics, but I fail to see how this will have a profound impact on the state of things. One man goes down, someone else will rise right up, I'm sure they have hierarchies and governing systems in place for such things.

It's more about what he represented than anything else

See this I can understand just fine, and rejoice in, but the majority of people I hear (it seems everyone in the entire world decided to tweet and update their Facebook about it) aren't just looking at it from this perspective but think that all of the sudden our troops are going to come home, airport security will lessen dramatically and we are the winners, the end. Most of those people probably didn't even remember that we still had troops in Afghanistan, or maybe they still don't and think that this has to do entirely with Iraq. I don't know.

Praise God that an evil man reaped what he sowed, in any case.

I would have loved to watch this "black ops" operation go down. From what it sounds like the palace he was in was pretty formidable.

Good job to the men and women that took part in this....as well as to all the other military members who sacrifice day in and day out.

I would have loved to watch this "black ops" operation go down. From what it sounds like the palace he was in was pretty formidable.

Good job to the men and women that took part in this....as well as to all the other military members who sacrifice day in and day out.

Seal teams are absolutely nuts. First two of them land simultaneous headshots on two pirates in the open sea while bobbing. Now a helicopter raid in under 40 minutes to capture Bin Laden with no casualties at a facility with 12-18 foot walls. If only we knew some navy seals with a few years of NCAA eligibility left... Man our team would be stacked then.

I hate to be Debbie Downer, but this doesn't change anything. He's dead, he's been dead for years. If you can riddle me this, then you've won whats behind curtain #3. How can some 6'5" guy, hump his ass up and down some of the most crap ass terrain on the planet with a dialysis machine???

He's been dead for a while. Listening to the "dumbfounded dipsh*ts" on the TV news are talking about how we'll be living in sugarplumb land, you're seriously dilluted. If nothing else, this is gonna piss off the junior jihadists. Troops are still gonna be over there, there's people in the world that still hate us, this doesn't change anything. My friends mom put it very well, when JFK got shot, things didn't change. Bin Laden's dead, nothing's gonna change. Water's wet, sky's blue, islamic radicals will still want america destroyed...

I hate to be Debbie Downer, but this doesn't change anything. He's dead, he's been dead for years. If you can riddle me this, then you've won whats behind curtain #3. How can some 6'5" guy, hump his ass up and down some of the most crap ass terrain on the planet with a dialysis machine???

He's been dead for a while. Listening to the "dumbfounded dipsh*ts" on the TV news are talking about how we'll be living in sugarplumb land, you're seriously dilluted. If nothing else, this is gonna piss off the junior jihadists. Troops are still gonna be over there, there's people in the world that still hate us, this doesn't change anything. My friends mom put it very well, when JFK got shot, things didn't change. Bin Laden's dead, nothing's gonna change. Water's wet, sky's blue, islamic radicals will still want america destroyed...

heard today that perhaps his kidney disease wasn't that bad yet - i.e. dialysis - but rather more like kidney stones. Just something to think about. I don't think this is a coverup btw or a body-double.

walksalone, he's been dead for how long?

By the way, reports on the pictures of Osama post-death.

I'm not sure it's the right thing to do, to parade these kinds of pictures around. Hopefully the government shuts this down. No, Osama does not deserve even a shred of respect, but this is a bit more than that. We're supposed to be above this sort of thing, don't you think?