Obama to announce Osama is dead

I have no problem with publishing photos of his body. With a guy like this, confirmation is going to be crucial.

One of the blokes at the coffee shop already this AM told me he was skeptical that it really was Bin Laden. There are people who simply will not believe. Photos will help show all but the most intractable that he's well and truly dead.

Why was the body buried at sea. All we got is a mugshot and no DNA.

We have DNA, and it's currently being processed to be certain he's dead. Proof of death is a huge deal in this thing, and you can bet they'll do everything they can without trampling all over his religious beliefs to prove he's been 86'd.

Muslim law says a body is to be buried within a day of death. We're fighting a war of ideas, not over land or resources, so if we're going to come to peace with those who oppose us, we're going to have to show that we are not a threat to their ideals.

You gotta feel a little bad for George W. Bush. The guy moved heaven and earth to dig this turd out from his hole, but it just took too long. This was a long operation in the making, dating back four years ago when they identified a courier they learned belonged to bin Laden.

Here's Bush's statement:

Earlier this evening, President Obama called to inform me that American forces killed Osama bin Laden, the leader of the al Qaeda network that attacked America on September 11, 2001.

I congratulated him and the men and women of our military and intelligence communities who devoted their lives to this mission.

They have our everlasting gratitude.

This momentous achievement marks a victory for America, for people who seek peace around the world, and for all those who lost loved ones on September 11, 2001.

The fight against terror goes on, but tonight America has sent an unmistakable message: No matter how long it takes, justice will be done.

Interesting detail I just heard was that he didn't want to be captured alive. He also died from a gunshot to the head. Sounds like it may have been one of his own that killed him to avoid him being captured alive.

Makes sense, he would be more valuable to his cause as a martyr and not a prisoner.

Why bury the body at sea:

A senior US official told US television networks that he had been buried at sea, without giving further details.

Earlier an administration official said of the corpse: "We are ensuring that it is handled in accordance with Islamic practice and tradition.

"This is something that we take very seriously. And so therefore this is being handled in an appropriate manner."

Burying bin Laden's body at sea would ensure that his final resting place does not become a shrine and a place of pilgrimage for his followers.

LINK

Where's Oa$$hole Been Lately? Living in a filthy cave in Packinstan. I support the burial at sea, the only place I would have preferred would have been the south pole. Let those black hearted SOB's do their pilgramages to the grave at the worst place on the planet.

God Bless the USA! God Bless our Commander in Chief! GOD BLESS OUR SONS AND DAUGHTERS IN THE MILITARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

T_O_B

post-4393-099583500 1304345511.jpg

It was a good day for my girlfriends entire family. They lost their Aunt/Sister on September 11th, 2001. In the five years I have dated this girl, I have seen first hand what a victory like this means to a victim's family. Thank you to all the soldiers who risked their lives to give us freedom.

USA!

• Fire 1

Killed in his compound. Which turns out to be just outside of Islamabad. About 1,000 feet from the West Point of Pakistan. I guess that tells us where we stand with Pakistan.

I have no problem with publishing photos of his body. With a guy like this, confirmation is going to be crucial.

One of the blokes at the coffee shop already this AM told me he was skeptical that it really was Bin Laden. There are people who simply will not believe. Photos will help show all but the most intractable that he's well and truly dead.

Just heard that they confirmed the DNA belonged to Scottie Pippen.

Too Soon?

There are actually pictures of his body on the internet, but I don;t know if they can be posted on here.

Details of exactly how the raid unfolded remain murky. But the al-Qaida courier, his brother and one of bin Laden's sons were killed. No Americans were injured. Senior administration officials will only say that bin Laden "resisted." And then the man behind the worst terrorist attack on U.S. soil died from an American bullet to his head.

LINK