CB Brandon Beaver [Washington Commit]

Top 5:

Arizona

Arizona State

Nebraska

UCLA

Washington

I've seen where Washington is a major player for his services, but I heard he really likes us.

The only reason Washington is a "major" player for BB is because they have offered and actively recruited his teammate. The two were supposed to announce a decision in June, but backed off and want to go through the process. In the end, I bet we get Brandon.

Alright!

Washington does have three CBs committed, according to Scout, FWIW

Thats the reason UW stopped recruiting Alphonso Marsh, his teammate. Package deals usually never come through, prime example. They wnated to play together, the school they were most interested in loses interest in player. They begin to look other directions, recruiting is a cut-throat business.

Speed, you really think NU gets this guy? I think that NU ends up with him too but I just wanted to know your thoughts.

I do believe we get Beaver when all is said and done. Having Carl Pelini and Corey Raymond on him together will make a huge difference. The way our secondary plays, would match perfectly with his style.

And so many scoffed for me wanting you to throw him on the most wanted sig. Yeah that is me tooting my own horn, hell I'll give myself one of these even :w00t

Here's the thing with BB. If he is absolutely serious about playing at the nexy level there are three schools to look at. NU Wash and Zona. Stoops has a defensive mind and continues to try to bring back the Desert Swarm style D. Nick Holt is another defensive coordinator that is a high intensity guy. As aspeedlin said speaks for itself for NU.

Now if the "social" card is a large part of his decision than you look at ASU, AU, and UCLA. Now you are looking at two lame duck coaches.

So really I expect a final 3 of Zona, Washington and NU. How much of the bridge to Wash was hurt by the teammate thing, who knows. I think it did a little but not so much.

If a career in football is his main thing, make sure ya get momma in with him for his official and as many have said, the odds of him ending up in Lincoln are very good.

Speed, you really think NU gets this guy? I think that NU ends up with him too but I just wanted to know your thoughts.

I do believe we get Beaver when all is said and done. Having Carl Pelini and Corey Raymond on him together will make a huge difference. The way our secondary plays, would match perfectly with his style.

And so many scoffed for me wanting you to throw him on the most wanted sig. Yeah that is me tooting my own horn, hell I'll give myself one of these even :w00t

Here's the thing with BB. If he is absolutely serious about playing at the nexy level there are three schools to look at. NU Wash and Zona. Stoops has a defensive mind and continues to try to bring back the Desert Swarm style D. Nick Holt is another defensive coordinator that is a high intensity guy. As aspeedlin said speaks for itself for NU.

Now if the "social" card is a large part of his decision than you look at ASU, AU, and UCLA. Now you are looking at two lame duck coaches.

So really I expect a final 3 of Zona, Washington and NU. How much of the bridge to Wash was hurt by the teammate thing, who knows. I think it did a little but not so much.

If a career in football is his main thing, make sure ya get momma in with him for his official and as many have said, the odds of him ending up in Lincoln are very good.

The Stoops at Arizona that knew how to play D is no longer there. He's at Florida State.

just not enough room on the most wanted.. my top targets are the one's on there + Beaver and Bullard

Bullard is unlikely, but to say we have no shot is going too far.

The Stoops at Arizona that knew how to play D is no longer there. He's at Florida State.

And the years of 1996-2003 will probably have to disagree with ya. Yes, Mark has left but who do you think probably taught him what he knows. Mike was the DC/Co-DC at K State and Boomer in the years above. You might rememeber some of those defenses they were very stout.

just not enough room on the most wanted.. my top targets are the one's on there + Beaver and Bullard

Bullard has said all along that he wants to visit here, JP is putting some serious work with him. If he takes an official here, anything could happen.

Bullard has said all along that he wants to visit here, JP is putting some serious work with him. If he takes an official here, anything could happen.

This. If Bullard, which I didn't even know was considering us, comes on an official we might have a great chance.

I'm not sure if this was posted above (I'm really just too lazy to check), but Beaver was named on of the top performers at the B2G Elite Camp in Westwood, California. They said that he had great vision and making athletic moves when the ball is in the air; however, he needs to work on being more physical in jamming(but the did say he may not have been as physical because he is recovering from a hand injury).

• 4 weeks later...