SIGNED QB Tommy Armstrong*

ADS

I would love to get Armstrong, but I doubt the staff is backing off of Fuller.

They are not backing off Fuller, but at this point Tommy is ahead of Fuller. That doesnt mean we wont take both either.

i think TA is a little more under the radar type guy cause of the studs on his team last year but still is a great player.. however im really in love with DF and would really like to have him...... i think id take him over TA as Fuller has a little more extra special potential in my opinion... but then again what do i know.....

Actually irie, I say this. As a day one. as a Husker the potential and athletic potential as a QB I say Devin>>>TA. The kid(Fuller) is unreal as an athlete, yes much like Jamal Turner last year, and there is just so much more explosive potential than what you'd get with Tommy.

That being said I am also all for TA being part of the Husker Family. Two QBs is a pretty big must for the class with the recent attrition, but personally I just think the upside potential with Devin is so much more than with Tommy.

I can see this as well. My reasoning behind wanting Tommy is that he is a much more polished QB. But it really doesnt matter. When these guys get here TMart will be a Junior and they will have time to develop. They'll also have Carnes in front of them. Plenty of time to develop more as passers and not being rushed at all.

I am thinking he saw a lot of young talent on the team and NU will be a serious NC contender for the next few years. Let's hope he feels the same way.

Actually irie, I say this. As a day one. as a Husker the potential and athletic potential as a QB I say Devin>>>TA. The kid(Fuller) is unreal as an athlete, yes much like Jamal Turner last year, and there is just so much more explosive potential than what you'd get with Tommy.

Oh, very much so. I would take Fuller all day, everyday over Tommy. And that's no knock on Tommy, it's just Devin is an unreal athlete at the QB position and he isn't a bad passer either. Very good touch on about all of his passes already.

OTOH, Tommy is a guy who could come in and not have a huge learning curve for our offense. The offense he runs for Steele is not all that different from the offense we currently run. He along with Broekemeier (when he gets healthy) could battle for that 3rd QB position next season.

Would not be surprised at all if there was some serious talk about taking another QB in this class either.

Tommy has some work to do when it comes to his mechanics, but he has a strong arm and he is a more than capable runner. Cibolo runs something similar to our offense, so the learning curve will not be as severe.

I'm happy to have Tommy, he is a great addition to this class at a HUGE position of need. Welcome Tommy, happy to have you!

Any chance he moves up in the rankings on rivals? seems like he is undervalued right now.

He is listed as one of our commits and we still sit outside the Top 50. Thus, we would need to get a bump on his grade and our latest LB commit to do so. In the end, these are just numbers/rankings. Bo knows players and where he projects them playing.