SIGNED QB Tommy Armstrong*

ADS

Strong arm and a tough runner. Sign him up. This is our QB of the class.

sh#t the video looks good but doesnt it always... and i agree with you ez and this is the name i keep hearing again and again which means sh#t i hope we get him!!!

sh#t the video looks good but doesnt it always... and i agree with you ez and this is the name i keep hearing again and again which means sh#t i hope we get him!!!

I agree that good video isn't a guarantee, and there exists more good video than players who live up to the potential displayed in them.

But video doesn't always look good.

Can anyone more qualified comment on the kid's throwing ability? He definitely has the arm, but hismotion looks quite awkward at times as he throws off his back foot. But other teams, he seems to be able to make really needle-threading throws.

I'm fairly clueless about this, but I don't know if his deep throws are going to be there at the next level. He can't loft it off his back foot like that, can he? He is a good runner though, and shows some very good promise with some of these passing plays, not just in the throwing, but how he executes them.

I'm not even sure mechanics are that much of a weakness, maybe it's just consistency, as he has quite a number of really good throws the more I watch this. The best news for me is that he doesn't jump off the page as the kind of guy who will be a liability in being completely raw and inexperienced with playing QB. In that respect, I'd be really stoked to get this guy in as one of our QBs this class.

I'd love for someone more qualified to make a call here to weigh in with this guy. EZ or Willie, what do you guys think? He jumps out to me as definitely more of a polished passer than Turner last year, and I know you were high on Turner's passing EZ. And being ahead of Turner in that category definitely puts him ahead of Starling, Green, and Martinez (in that category). And his athleticism, and nose for running the ball, are both clearly not lacking. I want to say this is the kind of QB I'd like to see us recruit more of, but without confirming opinions, I'm hesitant to put him into the same category as Carnes.

Also jsneb, lol :lol:

I agree that good video isn't a guarantee, and there exists more good video than players who live up to the potential displayed in them.

But video doesn't always look good.

Can anyone more qualified comment on the kid's throwing ability? He definitely has the arm, but hismotion looks quite awkward at times as he throws off his back foot. But other teams, he seems to be able to make really needle-threading throws.

I'm fairly clueless about this, but I don't know if his deep throws are going to be there at the next level. He can't loft it off his back foot like that, can he? He is a good runner though, and shows some very good promise with some of these passing plays, not just in the throwing, but how he executes them.

I'm not even sure mechanics are that much of a weakness, maybe it's just consistency, as he has quite a number of really good throws the more I watch this. The best news for me is that he doesn't jump off the page as the kind of guy who will be a liability in being completely raw and inexperienced with playing QB. In that respect, I'd be really stoked to get this guy in as one of our QBs this class.

I'd love for someone more qualified to make a call here to weigh in with this guy. EZ or Willie, what do you guys think? He jumps out to me as definitely more of a polished passer than Turner last year, and I know you were high on Turner's passing EZ. And being ahead of Turner in that category definitely puts him ahead of Starling, Green, and Martinez (in that category). And his athleticism, and nose for running the ball, are both clearly not lacking. I want to say this is the kind of QB I'd like to see us recruit more of, but without confirming opinions, I'm hesitant to put him into the same category as Carnes.

Also jsneb, lol :lol:

For some reason, this kid's throwing motion looks pretty similar to Mr. Wilson's out of NC State... and it looks a LOT like a baseball throw. Maybe this kid plays baseball?