Is it okay to be a gay college athlete?

149 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

...interestingly, the results are changing, which isn't so surprising given that the poll is open, but...

How would you feel if a current Husker came out of the closet? (votes are private))

• I would unequivocally support him (or her). My fan allegiance wouldn’t be affected by sexual preference whatsoever. (85 votes [76.58%])
  • I would have reservations, but think the person should be allowed to remain a Husker. (16 votes [14.41%])
  • I’m not in favor of openly gay college athletes. I would prefer to see the person leave our program. (7 votes [6.31%])
  • I’m strongly against this. An openly gay Husker should be kicked off the team. (3 votes [2.70%])

One person appears to have changed their vote from #3 (would prefer to see person leave our program) to #2 (reservations, but should stay).

Cool thread, NUance, and thanks for bumping. Reading back through it was a fascinating look at how some things change in three years, and how some stay the same.