GSP vs. Diaz

UFC President Dana White’s tweet Wednesday afternoon was short and sweet – “U wanted it! U GOT IT!!!”

What the fans wanted was a showdown between UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre and the STRIKEFORCE welterweight title holder, Nick Diaz. So on October 29 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, the UFC 137 Superfight becomes a reality.

Unbeaten since 2007, St-Pierre has taken on and beaten all comers, barely losing a round in the process. Since regaining his title from Matt Serra in 2008, he has turned back the challenges of Jon Fitch, BJ Penn, Thiago Alves, Dan Hardy, Josh Koscheck, and Jake Shields. But this fall, he will face off against the man many believe has the style to dethrone him, Shields’ longtime training partner Diaz.

A proud native of Stockton, California, Diaz, like GSP, has not lost since 2007. Along the way, the UFC vet has defeated Frank Shamrock, Scott Smith, Mach Sakurai, KJ Noons, and Paul Daley, and with his world-class striking skills and jiu-jitsu game improving with each fight, he is on track to shock the world on October 29th.

I wanted GSP Diaz..

I can tell you that a GSP vs Anderson Silva fight would've been a BIGGER money maker than a GSP vs Diaz fight and a lot more people will be watching that fight.

We've been asking for that match up for YEARS!!!

• Fire 1

Until that fight, can i get all you MMA guys to root your butts off for Dan "danny boy" Downes saturday against Jeremy Stephens.

It is Downes first UFC fight and he needs as much support as he can get.

We will interview him later today on Illegal Procedure(like us on FB or follow us on Twitter) so if you have any questions let me know.

This all being said, i hope Diaz's smugness forces GSP to change his fighting style.

would rather see this fight. silva would destroy GSP no contest. this fight will be very close.

I disagree. GSP would have a really great chance of beating Silva. I just think that GSP knows that the way to beat Silva would result in a boring fight because he would take him down and beat him that way. No reason to stand up with him.

I hope Diaz kills GSP. He's soooooo boring to watch

I never get the "he's boring to watch" argument. Granted his last fight against Shields was a little boring but most of his fights have been a great display of complete domination. How can you not be a fan of his and enjoy his style?? If you want to see just stand up then go watch boxing. So tired of people complaining about a MMA fighters style being boring and booing when the fight goes to the ground. Go watch boxing and kick boxing then!