What's your opinion of Lebron James?

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This has actually been one of the best playoffs in a long time. Usually the NBA is so predictable. The higher seed wins 2 games at home. Loses game 3 on the road. Wins game 4 on the road. Wins game 5 at home. This year Memphis (8 seed) upset the Spurs and almost OKC. Dirk having is best postseason ever. Kevin Durant having a great postseason. Every game being close. Lots of last minute wins. I've watched every game start to finish and it has been very exciting to watch. I normally just tune in when the fourth quarter starts, but it seems like this year, every quarter makes a difference.

I liked him when he was in Cleveland, he seemed like a stand up guy then. But, now after the stupid stunt he pulled announcing that he's going to South Beach was a childish move. The NBA today is a league full of players like Lebron, then you have players like Derrick Rose who are team first mentality.

I liked him when he was in Cleveland, he seemed like a stand up guy then. But, now after the stupid stunt he pulled announcing that he's going to South Beach was a childish move. The NBA today is a league full of players like Lebron, then you have players like Derrick Rose who are team first mentality.

The younger generation seems to be more team first. Derrick Rose/Kevin Durant are examples.

The younger generation seems to be more team first. Derrick Rose/Kevin Durant are examples.

I hope players like Brandon Knight and Kyrie Erving mold into team first type players.

I hope players like Brandon Knight and Kyrie Erving mold into team first type players.

I honestly believe if Miami wins this championship, basketball as we know it will be over. Knicks will try and sign Howard and CP3 to create a big 4 to match the Heat. Bulls will try and create a Big 3 or 4 to match the Heat. The WC teams will get into the mix and form mini all-star teams to match the EC teams. And its just a matter of time before a team signs an all-star to every starting position to form a complete all-star team. The NBA will suck to watch bc there will only be like 5-6 good teams and everyone else will suck. I am cheering for Dallas bc they are my fav. team and Dirk is my favorite player, but Id be rooting for whatever team made it to the finals from the WC against the Heat bc of the reason I mentioned above. I like watching teams like the Bulls and Dallas where they have one all-star player and a bunch of really good supporting players. Good defense and unselfish play on offense. That is basketball. Not clearing out for one guy to take his man one on one. That is not fun to watch.

I honestly believe if Miami wins this championship, basketball as we know it will be over. Knicks will try and sign Howard and CP3 to create a big 4 to match the Heat. Bulls will try and create a Big 3 or 4 to match the Heat. The WC teams will get into the mix and form mini all-star teams to match the EC teams. And its just a matter of time before a team signs an all-star to every starting position to form a complete all-star team. The NBA will suck to watch bc there will only be like 5-6 good teams and everyone else will suck. I am cheering for Dallas bc they are my fav. team and Dirk is my favorite player, but Id be rooting for whatever team made it to the finals from the WC against the Heat bc of the reason I mentioned above. I like watching teams like the Bulls and Dallas where they have one all-star player and a bunch of really good supporting players. Good defense and unselfish play on offense. That is basketball. Not clearing out for one guy to take his man one on one. That is not fun to watch.

Sounds alot like what the Yankees are doing to me. There is no reason a team should have an all-star at every position. It takes away from the fans, it takes away from the team aspect of the game. If the Heat wins the championship then I agree with you Po, you see the NBA be flushed down the toilet.

Sounds alot like what the Yankees are doing to me. There is no reason a team should have an all-star at every position. It takes away from the fans, it takes away from the team aspect of the game. If the Heat wins the championship then I agree with you Po, you see the NBA be flushed down the toilet.

The downfall of baseball is no salary cap. The Orioles/Rays/Blue Jays will never be able to compete with Red Sox/Yankees. They just don't have the money to sign the players like Yankees/Red Sox can. The Rays made a nice run 2008, but the big picture is, NY/Bos will always be the top dogs in the AL East bc they have the most money to spend.

You speak as if this hasn't been the trend in the NBA in the past... what about the old Lakers teams with Jerry West, Wilt, Pat Riley and Elgin Baylor or later with Magic, Kareem, and Worthy? You've also got the Celtics with Bird, McHale and Parish (not to mention Ainge, Dennis Johnson and Bill Walton)? Don't forget about the Pistons a few years back with Chauncey Billups, Ben Wallace, Richard Hamilton, and Rasheed Wallace (along with really good players Tayshaun Prince and Antonio McDyess).

The NBA will suck to watch because there will only be 5-6 good teams? I don't know if you're aware, but the Celtics, Lakers, Bulls, Spurs, 76ers and Pistons are the only teams in NBA history to have more than 2 championships (also the Warriors, but theirs are ancient history). In addition, 10 of the last 12 championships have been won by the Lakers, Spurs or Celtics (only one); you could take it even further and say 18 of the last 20 have been won by the Lakers, Spurs, Celtics, Bulls and Rockets.

This is the way the NBA always has been.

• Fire 2

I can't fault NBA teams, baseball teams, football teams, etc. for signing all stars to their team, or making an entire team of all stars.

To be frank, if they have the money to do it and can convince players to take pay cuts (like the big three for the Heat did), then why shouldn't they be able to? You can't worry about that kind of stuff if you're an owner or a coach. If another team is incapable of competing with you, then why is it the better team's responsibility to keep the game fair?

As long as things are legitimate, teams deserve to put themselves in the best position possible. If that means Gasol, Nowitzki, Rose, James and Bosh want to form an all star team, I say let em do it.

For the last couple of decades the NBA has been dominated by fewer than 10 teams. Nothing much has changed from the 80s until now, in that regard.

I'm almost certain that they will turn into money first type players. Every year there are more and more players like that.

You speak as if this hasn't been the trend in the NBA in the past... what about the old Lakers teams with Jerry West, Wilt, Pat Riley and Elgin Baylor or later with Magic, Kareem, and Worthy? You've also got the Celtics with Bird, McHale and Parish (not to mention Ainge, Dennis Johnson and Bill Walton)? Don't forget about the Pistons a few years back with Chauncey Billups, Ben Wallace, Richard Hamilton, and Rasheed Wallace (along with really good players Tayshaun Prince and Antonio McDyess).

The NBA will suck to watch because there will only be 5-6 good teams? I don't know if you're aware, but the Celtics, Lakers, Bulls, Spurs, 76ers and Pistons are the only teams in NBA history to have more than 2 championships (also the Warriors, but theirs are ancient history). In addition, 10 of the last 12 championships have been won by the Lakers, Spurs or Celtics (only one); you could take it even further and say 18 of the last 20 have been won by the Lakers, Spurs, Celtics, Bulls and Rockets.

This is the way the NBA always has been.

I mean like players recruiting free agents to come to their team to win easy championships. I guess I don't know how those teams formed. Whether it be from trades, the draft or free agency. But I'll go out on a limb and say they didn't form like the Heat did this year. And they most certainly did not guarantee eight championships in a row or have a championship party before the season started. I could be wrong though.

I really miss Stockton and Malone. Especially Stockton. I'm still a fan of the Jazz, but with Sloan gone, I hardly know them anymore.

Anyway, someone mentioned Jordan - dude was flippin' hilarious.

"Will Vanderbilt. He doesn't deserve to have the same name as a Big Ten school." - Jordan about teammate Will Purdue.

But I'll go out on a limb and say they didn't form like the Heat did this year. And they most certainly did not guarantee eight championships in a row or have a championship party before the season started. I could be wrong though.

Agreed, but now we're talking about something else entirely :)

But I'll go out on a limb and say they didn't form like the Heat did this year. And they most certainly did not guarantee eight championships in a row or have a championship party before the season started. I could be wrong though.

Agreed, but now we're talking about something else entirely :)

Well honestly, I think this is the reason many people hate the Heat. If James would have told Cleveland he was leaving instead of keeping them in the dark until "The Decision", just picked Miami like every other free agent and said nothing over the offseason instead of having that stupid party, they would just be another good NBA team and not the most hated team in NBA history. That is the difference between them and the other teams you mentioned.