What's your opinion of Lebron James?

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

But I'll go out on a limb and say they didn't form like the Heat did this year. And they most certainly did not guarantee eight championships in a row or have a championship party before the season started. I could be wrong though.

Agreed, but now we're talking about something else entirely :)

Well honestly, I think this is the reason many people hate the Heat. If James would have told Cleveland he was leaving instead of keeping them in the dark until "The Decision", just picked Miami like every other free agent and said nothing over the offseason instead of having that stupid party, they would just be another good NBA team and not the most hated team in NBA history. That is the difference between them and the other teams you mentioned.

Once again I agree entirely, I was just pointing out that how those past teams formed as compared to the Heat, and how they were perceived publicly and etc. having nothing to do with your "this will be the end of basketball as we know it" argument, or at least nothing to do with the reasons you originally stated, that being there will only be a small handful of good teams with stacked and loaded talent.

I stopped caring about the NBA in the early 90's when basketball just because lame. The Lakers/Celtics/76er's/Pistons teams back in the day were entertaining.

These fools playing now, have no heart. If their not flopping on the floor, they're toe hurts.

There are many players that play with heart. Just tonight, Dirk Nowitzki played with a torn tendon in his finger and made they game winning shot. Always humble. Always complimenting his teammates. And thats just one example. Derrick Rose is another example of a player with heart. And many more in the NBA. Just have to watch the right players.

The truth is, like most things, it goes in cycles. The 00's were the "me" decade, focused on attention, self-centeredness, looking out for yourself and etc. It's gotten to the point where that has come and is starting to go, and the new generation of stars are those breaking the trend and seemingly showing real humility, joy for playing the game and other 'likeable' qualities, and this doesn't just apply to the NBA. Kevin Durant, Russel Westbrook, Derrick Rose, Suh, Colt McCoy, Tim Tebow, Dwight Howard and others are all testament to this.

I disagree about Westbrook. After watching him in the playoffs this year, he is a ballhog and threw a hissy fit and cursed his coach out for taking him out one game against Dallas. 100% agree with Durant. Very down to earth, humble guy. And also the other guys you mentioned.

I'm actually glad the NBA is made up of a bunch of whiney ass individuals, makes me appreciate hockey even more

Have you been watching these playoff for Hockey. Sticking fingers in people mouth the whole game doesn't come across as "Whiney ass individuals" to you. No one has ever accused Basketball players as being warriors or tough. Hockey has prided itself on it and they look real foolish in these playoffs.

I stopped caring about the NBA in the early 90's when basketball just because lame. The Lakers/Celtics/76er's/Pistons teams back in the day were entertaining.

These fools playing now, have no heart. If their not flopping on the floor, they're toe hurts.

There are many players that play with heart. Just tonight, Dirk Nowitzki played with a torn tendon in his finger and made they game winning shot. Always humble. Always complimenting his teammates. And thats just one example. Derrick Rose is another example of a player with heart. And many more in the NBA. Just have to watch the right players.

The truth is, like most things, it goes in cycles. The 00's were the "me" decade, focused on attention, self-centeredness, looking out for yourself and etc. It's gotten to the point where that has come and is starting to go, and the new generation of stars are those breaking the trend and seemingly showing real humility, joy for playing the game and other 'likeable' qualities, and this doesn't just apply to the NBA. Kevin Durant, Russel Westbrook, Derrick Rose, Suh, Colt McCoy, Tim Tebow, Dwight Howard and others are all testament to this.

I disagree about Westbrook. After watching him in the playoffs this year, he is a ballhog and threw a hissy fit and cursed his coach out for taking him out one game against Dallas. 100% agree with Durant. Very down to earth, humble guy. And also the other guys you mentioned.

I'm actually glad the NBA is made up of a bunch of whiney ass individuals, makes me appreciate hockey even more

Have you been watching these playoff for Hockey. Sticking fingers in people mouth the whole game doesn't come across as "Whiney ass individuals" to you. No one has ever accused Basketball players as being warriors or tough. Hockey has prided itself on it and they look real foolish in these playoffs.

The entire NBA isn't made up of whiney individuals. Just a select few, like LeBron James and Dwayne Wade or anyone else that plays like they do. I swear that everytime, every single time LeBron James or Dwayne Wade turn the ball over on offense or take a really bad shot and miss it, the commentators of the game say, "Wade/LeBron thought he got fouled on the play." I am extremely glad Dwayne Wade got a little hip injury in game 5 because if you watch the play he got injured he totally deserved it. Look at the flop he puts on just so its not called a charge on him but a block on Cardinal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIELmrJwc9Y

The entire NBA isn't made up of whiney individuals. Just a select few, like LeBron James and Dwayne Wade or anyone else that plays like they do. I swear that everytime, every single time LeBron James or Dwayne Wade turn the ball over on offense or take a really bad shot and miss it, the commentators of the game say, "Wade/LeBron thought he got fouled on the play."

Agreed, I also hate when players don't sprint back to play defense after a issed shot on the offensive end of the court. Prime example last night, Lebron just jogged down the court while Tyson Chandler sprinted past him for an easy dunk.

I liked him when he was in Cleveland, he seemed like a stand up guy then. But, now after the stupid stunt he pulled announcing that he's going to South Beach was a childish move. The NBA today is a league full of players like Lebron, then you have players like Derrick Rose who are team first mentality.

The younger generation seems to be more team first. Derrick Rose/Kevin Durant are examples.

I hope players like Brandon Knight and Kyrie Erving mold into team first type players.

I honestly believe if Miami wins this championship, basketball as we know it will be over. Knicks will try and sign Howard and CP3 to create a big 4 to match the Heat. Bulls will try and create a Big 3 or 4 to match the Heat. The WC teams will get into the mix and form mini all-star teams to match the EC teams. And its just a matter of time before a team signs an all-star to every starting position to form a complete all-star team. The NBA will suck to watch bc there will only be like 5-6 good teams and everyone else will suck. I am cheering for Dallas bc they are my fav. team and Dirk is my favorite player, but Id be rooting for whatever team made it to the finals from the WC against the Heat bc of the reason I mentioned above. I like watching teams like the Bulls and Dallas where they have one all-star player and a bunch of really good supporting players. Good defense and unselfish play on offense. That is basketball. Not clearing out for one guy to take his man one on one. That is not fun to watch.

You speak as if this hasn't been the trend in the NBA in the past... what about the old Lakers teams with Jerry West, Wilt, Pat Riley and Elgin Baylor or later with Magic, Kareem, and Worthy? You've also got the Celtics with Bird, McHale and Parish (not to mention Ainge, Dennis Johnson and Bill Walton)? Don't forget about the Pistons a few years back with Chauncey Billups, Ben Wallace, Richard Hamilton, and Rasheed Wallace (along with really good players Tayshaun Prince and Antonio McDyess).

The NBA will suck to watch because there will only be 5-6 good teams? I don't know if you're aware, but the Celtics, Lakers, Bulls, Spurs, 76ers and Pistons are the only teams in NBA history to have more than 2 championships (also the Warriors, but theirs are ancient history). In addition, 10 of the last 12 championships have been won by the Lakers, Spurs or Celtics (only one); you could take it even further and say 18 of the last 20 have been won by the Lakers, Spurs, Celtics, Bulls and Rockets.

This is the way the NBA always has been.

Very good post - And on top of that for whatever reason people are tuning in to watch the Heat in the Finals. All of their games have been the highest draw on T.V. each night. People continue to say how much they cant stand watching but they watch.

Prior and following the THE DECISION everyone said how dumb of a program it was. However they had a rating of almost 10% on a Thursday night in July.

Almost every match up they had against the top teams this season were the NBA's highest rated games.

The entire NBA isn't made up of whiney individuals. Just a select few, like LeBron James and Dwayne Wade or anyone else that plays like they do. I swear that everytime, every single time LeBron James or Dwayne Wade turn the ball over on offense or take a really bad shot and miss it, the commentators of the game say, "Wade/LeBron thought he got fouled on the play."

You can add Dirk, Tyson Chandler, Jason Terry, DeShawn Stevenson and every fan in the American Airlines Center :lol:

Also, Kobe, Lamar Odom, Pau Gasol, Paul Pierce, Big Baby Davis, etc etc etc.

It's the nature of the NBA. You don't even have to take a legitimate shot at the basket to draw a foul, you just have to have a guy bump you and chuck the ball in the air. If they don't call it, they cry. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM.

You can add Dirk, Tyson Chandler, Jason Terry, DeShawn Stevenson and every fan in the American Airlines Center :lol:

Also, Kobe, Lamar Odom, Pau Gasol, Paul Pierce, Big Baby Davis, etc etc etc.

It's the nature of the NBA. You don't even have to take a legitimate shot at the basket to draw a foul, you just have to have a guy bump you and chuck the ball in the air. If they don't call it, they cry. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM.

Haven't seen Dirk crying at all this Finals. Stevenson does when he guards LeBron and I would too bc James is the biggest flopper in the NBA. 2nd quarter of game 4 is a prime example of a horse s*** call against Stevenson against James when he wasn't even touched and he fell back into the bench and threw the ball in the air. Even Jeff Van Gundy (who after watching this finals is my favorite announcer) said James should be fined for that. He also said all players should be fined for flopping bc it takes away from the game. Jason Terry has been whining quite a bit also. I was mad at him last night when he hit a shot and fell down, instead of getting up and getting back on defense he started pointing at the ref. I yelled at him through the tv :LOLtartar . Tyson Chandler mostly just shows emotion when hes called for a foul. Not really complaining. I hate when Kobe does that head fake and when someone swipes at the ball, he throws his hands up and jumps up and gets a foul called.

LeBron is the greatest player we have in the NBA today. It is comical and idiotic how he has been treated as a basketball player this year. People who say he isn't a closer, need to check up on their clutch stats. LeBron is the best closer in the league, shoots the best percentage and averages the most points in "clutch" situations. LeBron is at around 38% while the amazing closer in Kobe, is around 33%. I would also point those same people to the Celtics and Bulls series, who say that Wade is the engine of this team. Hello, look at the first 3 rounds. Wade was horrendous against the Bulls and wasn't dominate against the celtics either. LeBron closed out both those teams himself. LeBron, however, is not Michael Jordan. He is a hybrid of MJ and Magic. LeBron, is the best defender in the league, rebounds, passes and scores. That is a complete rarity; and for the people who say he isn't closing them out, its because he is deferring to Wade in this series because of matchups. Jason Kidd can't guard Dwyane Wade at all, thus they are playing the matchup game. I like Wade over Kidd more than I like LeBron over Marion (Marion is a great defender). I also think its funny people aren't giving Dallas' D respect this series, they've essentially loaded up on LeBron to force him to make pass the ball. The mavs are trying to force Wade to beat them with his scoring and aren't doubling him. When LeBron gets the ball in his spots they send an immediate double. It's actually a really good scheme, that hasn't gotten any credit at all so far.

• Fire 1

I think the douchebaggery is rubbing off on Wade now. I was upset to see him get hurt last night, but I am now happy he got hurt and hope he gets hurt again in the next game.

Really? Wow, dude. :facepalm:

If he is gonna make fun of someone for having a 102 degree temp. he doesn't deserve to play. Karma is a b****, isn't it Wade? And my goodness, its a little hip pointer, not a career ending injury.

You might say a little hip pointer but remember these player are the best of the best. Any small injury when you are not at you best can have a drastic effect on a players performance. They are uses to moving a certain way and a "simple" injury can cause them to lose their edge. M.J. was the best player in the league before he retired the first time and after eventually when he came back. During the first couple months of the season when he had his 45 jersey even with his elite skill level it took a lot for him to find his grove.

I had this same discussion when people thought M Pouncey was going to play in the Super Bowl. Besides the fact he was not in game shape because it was a foot injury people still felt like him at 50 - 65% would be better suited against the Green Bay linemen than a less talented Doug Legursky at 85 - 95%.

I think the douchebaggery is rubbing off on Wade now. I was upset to see him get hurt last night, but I am now happy he got hurt and hope he gets hurt again in the next game.

If he is gonna make fun of someone for having a 102 degree temp. he doesn't deserve to play. Karma is a b****, isn't it Wade? And my goodness, its a little hip pointer, not a career ending injury.

I hope you realize how naive an eye for an eye viewpoint is...as soon as someone does one thing wrong, there's never any chance of things being rectified or equal ever again, each side has to take turns having greater than or equally bad things happening to them forever. Wade makes fun of Dirk, Wade gets injured by a Mavs player because of it, Mavs player gets injured by a Heat player, etc.

You're a Mavs fan, and naturally a Dirk fan, so try following his lead and ignoring that stuff, retaliating, or wanting to retaliate, is stupid and equally as deserving of bad karma as what you're retaliating against in the first place.

I was just shocked that you would be one of "those guys" that wishes injuries on a guy.

I hope you realize how naive an eye for an eye viewpoint is...as soon as someone does one thing wrong, there's never any chance of things being rectified or equal ever again, each side has to take turns having greater than or equally bad things happening to them forever. Wade makes fun of Dirk, Wade gets injured by a Mavs player because of it, Mavs player gets injured by a Heat player, etc.

You're a Mavs fan, and naturally a Dirk fan, so try following his lead and ignoring that stuff, retaliating, or wanting to retaliate, is stupid and equally as deserving of bad karma as what you're retaliating against in the first place.

A Mavs player didn't injure Wade. Cardinal tried to draw a charge, Wade flopped to draw a foul on Cardinal and hurt himself. What I should have said was I was mad when he got hurt bc all Heat fans would say was, "we lost bc Wade was out." and I felt bad for him too bc its a huge series. But when I saw that video, I didn't have any sympathy for him at all missing time in that game and I wouldn't care if he isn't able to play in Game 6 either. If hes gonna act like that and be unprofessional, I don't care if he isn't able to play in the biggest game of his life. When I have a child I would want them to look up to someone like Durant, Dirk or Rose. All humble players and very complimentary of their teammates and opponents. I would not want them to look up to players like Lebron James, Dwyane Wade, Kobe Bryant, Ron Artest, etc. Wade was okay until James got there. I didn't realize his change until Game 3 during his halftime interview, "Im the captain of this team. Im the leader." He would have never said that when Shaq was there, even if he knew he was. And then seeing that video Im thinking what happened to this guy.