ESPN Tradition Battle

The Four-Letter network has a poll up, which we should dominate, but they've screwed it up. It's a contest of pre-game rituals, and instead of choosing the Tunnel Walk, which is our pre-game ritual, they chose "touching the horseshoe," which is something we do during the Tunnel Walk.

LINK

We're up against Big Ten foe Ohio State and their Script Ohio. My comment posted on the ESPN comments section:

How in the world did ESPN choose the horseshoe as our pregame tradition? How could "the worldwide leader" be so out of touch? The horseshoe is only part of the Tunnel Walk. A more appropriate contest would be to pit the horseshoe up against the first two letters of the Script Ohio. Way to drop the ball, ESPN.

EDIT - Link for round two:

Round Two vs. Oklahoma

EDIT - Link for round three:

Round Three vs. Michigan

It doesn't matter that the Tunnel Walk has been around for less than two decades. That's long enough for it to become established as our signature entrance. Touching the Horseshoe by itself isn't much of much. Like everyone's saying - lots of teams touch something on the way out to the field.

It doesn't matter that the Tunnel Walk has been around for less than two decades. That's long enough for it to become established as our signature entrance. Touching the Horseshoe by itself isn't much of much. Like everyone's saying - lots of teams touch something on the way out to the field.

Yeah it's pretty silly. But I'm not sure what they would show. All it is, is us basically walking out of the tunnel, which they are technically showing. They cant play Sirius, although that would be awesome.

I agree, I wasn't trying to negate anything about the tunnel entrance, I suppose more so just being obvious. I do LOVE the tunnel walk though. The key to it all...that low toned pitch from the beginning of the APP Sirius. Gives me goose bumps every time. Especially when I was on the field during my band years and just feeling/hearing the quick gradual roar of the crowd. :)

I agree, I wasn't trying to negate anything about the tunnel entrance, I suppose more so just being obvious. I do LOVE the tunnel walk though. The key to it all...that low toned pitch from the beginning of the APP Sirius. Gives me goose bumps every time. Especially when I was on the field during my band years and just feeling/hearing the quick gradual roar of the crowd. :)

I was speaking to ESPN/EA Sports, not directing that at anyone here. :cheers

What doesn't matter is that every that every lemming in the US who hasn't been to Husker game would have seen "dates back 16 years" and scoffed at it as a tradition.