ESPN Tradition Battle

As much i would like to see Nebraska win. Just can't beat Florida's St. entrance. Others are just generic entrances.

I'm surpised the NCAA has still allowed them to do it. I'd say Oklahoma is up there as well - and as much as it pains me...Colorado running the buff out there is pretty sweet.

Especially when it runs someone over lol

It doesn't matter that the Tunnel Walk has been around for less than two decades. That's long enough for it to become established as our signature entrance. Touching the Horseshoe by itself isn't much of much. Like everyone's saying - lots of teams touch something on the way out to the field.

I agree, I wasn't trying to negate anything about the tunnel entrance, I suppose more so just being obvious. I do LOVE the tunnel walk though. The key to it all...that low toned pitch from the beginning of the APP Sirius. Gives me goose bumps every time. Especially when I was on the field during my band years and just feeling/hearing the quick gradual roar of the crowd. :)

I was speaking to ESPN/EA Sports, not directing that at anyone here. :cheers

:cheers No worries :cheers

And with the Colorado running of Ralphie, I like their winning percentage when Ralphie doesn't make the whole trip ;)

It doesn't matter that the Tunnel Walk has been around for less than two decades. That's long enough for it to become established as our signature entrance. Touching the Horseshoe by itself isn't much of much. Like everyone's saying - lots of teams touch something on the way out to the field.

It matters when you are developing a stupid game and would have to license the Allan Parsons Project - Sirius for every copy sold.

The outrage at not having it done correctly should be directed at copyright law. Maybe they'll include the actual tunnel walk in NCAA 2100, since that's around when the copyright will expire (maybe) unless Disney gets it extended again, lord knows we cant have a cartoon mouse hit the public domain.

The Tunnel Walk has been around forever. The Huskervision and music has only been around for a couple decades, and that's what made it famous, but the Tunnel Walk has been around for a lot longer than two decades.

I also think that more important than the horseshoe is all of the signs lining the tunnels with all the scores from every season of Husker football. I love that now that they switched locker rooms for the visitors, who now come out of the tunnel Nebraska used to come out of, it's our opponent who has to walk past all of those signs, and look at all of the 70-14 type scores.

I've always wanted to have a helmet cam put on one of the players (preferably one that doesn't jump around all over the place) just to see what they see on their way out, and hear it how they hear it.

We attempted something similar to this a few years back but it didn't succeed.

What doesn't matter is that every that every lemming in the US who hasn't been to Husker game would have seen "dates back 16 years" and scoffed at it as a tradition.

Where are they announcing how long these traditions have been in existence? As far as those lemmings know, we've been doing the Tunnel Walk since we were the Bugeaters.

Is there any video of it still around? I'd still love to see it even if it's not that good.

Yes and No, nothing to ever be released though. Before the husker experience room was passed off to a different company, we were given a shot at it. We had a 1st person camera style part with Taylor Martinez during his first year. During one of the first games of the season it was panned down on his hands as he was wrapping up his wrists while Bo was giving his pregame speech. Then it tilted up and listened to his speech and ran out for the tunnel walk.

Gone forever.

What did it take/would it take for this to be reality for the public?

a time traveling device to provide a better argument when pleading our case at doing the husker experience video ourselves 2 years ago.

I think I have an old Suh Highlight tape I scrapped halfway through laying around somewhere. I might be able to toss that on here one day.