ESPN Tradition Battle

Vote early, vote often. The lead is down to 10%. It was 18% last night.

Script Ohio is probably the most famous of the the Buckeyes' traditions and was begun by the marching band in the 1936 season.

Nebraska has a lucky horseshoe that hangs above the door as the team leaves the North Stadium. It used to hang in the South Stadium tunnel. The Cornhuskers say the tradition of players tapping the horseshoe has gone on "for as long as anyone can remember."

Script Ohio is probably the most famous of the the Buckeyes' traditions and was begun by the marching band in the 1936 season.

Nebraska has a lucky horseshoe that hangs above the door as the team leaves the North Stadium. It used to hang in the South Stadium tunnel. The Cornhuskers say the tradition of players tapping the horseshoe has gone on "for as long as anyone can remember."

Is there a connection to these two posts that I'm not seeing? :dunno

Is there a connection to these two posts that I'm not seeing? :dunno

Hahahaha woops I meant to reply to the question about the timeframe for the horseshoe. All it really says is that it's been around for a long frickin time. I'm just pointing out that the longevity of these traditions seems to be a very big factor in how they chose each school's tradition.

As much i would like to see Nebraska win. Just can't beat Florida's St. entrance. Others are just generic entrances.

Meh. I've seen it, in person. It isn't that loud, or intimidating.

beats the hell out of players just running out of the tunnel.

... have you experienced the tunnel walk??!!

The best story is from the 1994 Colorado game, the first year they had the Tunnel Walk on the big screen, and when it wasn't so overproduced by Huskervision. I think the music just started, some stars flashed across the screen and then you saw the team. The team also wasn't all giddy and jumping around at that point, they were all business. Anyways, it was before the Tunnel Walk became famous, and Colorado, ranked 3rd in the country, came out of the visitor's tunnel first. Then the music started, the crowd went nuts, and Nebraska's team was up on the big screen, larger than life. Colorado's entire team was just standing on their sideline watching it. Nebraska won 24-7, and CU coach Bill McCartney later said that Colorado had lost the game before it even began. The Tunnel Walk had totally psyched them out.

As much i would like to see Nebraska win. Just can't beat Florida's St. entrance. Others are just generic entrances.

The best story is from the 1994 Colorado game, the first year they had the Tunnel Walk on the big screen, and when it wasn't so overproduced by Huskervision. I think the music just started, some stars flashed across the screen and then you saw the team. The team also wasn't all giddy and jumping around at that point, they were all business. Anyways, it was before the Tunnel Walk became famous, and Colorado, ranked 3rd in the country, came out of the visitor's tunnel first. Then the music started, the crowd went nuts, and Nebraska's team was up on the big screen, larger than life. Colorado's entire team was just standing on their sideline watching it. Nebraska won 24-7, and CU coach Bill McCartney later said that Colorado had lost the game before it even began. The Tunnel Walk had totally psyched them out.

The Tunnel Walk before the OU game in 09 (when they introduced the prayer video) it was the most fired up I've ever been in my 21 years of life.

It's the real deal.

I have, several times, and can say that I personally think it's pretty lacking compared to a lot of other entrances across the country. Just because the very first tunnel walk ever (as we know it) was super awesome and cool and psyched out a team a long time ago doesn't compare to the tunnel walk now.

The Tunnel Walk before the OU game in 09 (when they introduced the prayer video) it was the most fired up I've ever been in my 21 years of life.

It's the real deal.

I still get chills watching epocson's video and the video his brother(?) took on his phone at the game http://qik.com/video/3475220