ESPN Tradition Battle

They've gotten organized on BuckeyePlanet. Want to know why they've chopped our lead way down? They load several different browsers on their machines, and each person votes four, five times. Then there are others who use private browsing to vote over and over.

Last night when I went to bed there were about 2,800 votes from the state of Ohio - less than the votes from Nebraska. This morning when I wake up there are over 4,000 votes from Ohio. Think those are unique votes? Me neither.

As much i would like to see Nebraska win. Just can't beat Florida's St. entrance. Others are just generic entrances.

Meh. I've seen it, in person. It isn't that loud, or intimidating.

beats the hell out of players just running out of the tunnel.

Um... that's what FSU does. Chief Osceola plants his spear, and then like 5 minutes later, the team walks out. Whoopie.

The Four-Letter network has a poll up, which we should dominate, but they've screwed it up. It's a contest of pre-game rituals, and instead of choosing the Tunnel Walk, which is our pre-game ritual, they chose "touching the horseshoe," which is something we do during the Tunnel Walk.

LINK

We're up against Big Ten foe Ohio State and their Script Ohio. My comment posted on the ESPN comments section:

How in the world did ESPN choose the horseshoe as our pregame tradition? How could "the worldwide leader" be so out of touch? The horseshoe is only part of the Tunnel Walk. A more appropriate contest would be to pit the horseshoe up against the first two letters of the Script Ohio. Way to drop the ball, ESPN.

As was stated earlier by someone the Script Ohio is sometimes a halftime thing, sometimes a pregame thing, so I have to concur, they messed this up. If it were a pregame ritual for tOSU I would have to have chose Skull Session that is actually a pregame tradition and not sometimes a pregame deal.

I really think the only thing Nebraska's entrance needs that it doesn't already have is fans that can actually clap to the beat of music. It's literally embarrassing how inept the stadium is at just keeping a friggin beat.

That's a very good point.

Then again, if the athletic department would spend the money to upgrade the sound system, all would be fixed (except for the drunks that will clap off beat anyways). Right now the noise only pumps from north end zone. The people in the north complain it's too loud while the people in the south claim it's too quiet. Having sat in south and southeast for every game I've been too, I can say first hand that when the crowd claps and hollers you can barely hear the music, even if the fans aren't that loud..

Apparently Huskers.com had an online poll within the last few years asking fans if they thought the sound system needed to be upgraded, and there wasn't enough interest shown. It's mind-boggling to me that this occurred because everybody I talk to says it's a problem.

I really think the only thing Nebraska's entrance needs that it doesn't already have is fans that can actually clap to the beat of music. It's literally embarrassing how inept the stadium is at just keeping a friggin beat.

That's a very good point.

Then again, if the athletic department would spend the money to upgrade the sound system, all would be fixed (except for the drunks that will clap off beat anyways). Right now the noise only pumps from north end zone. The people in the north complain it's too loud while the people in the south claim it's too quiet. Having sat in south and southeast for every game I've been too, I can say first hand that when the crowd claps and hollers you can barely hear the music, even if the fans aren't that loud..

Apparently Huskers.com had an online poll within the last few years asking fans if they thought the sound system needed to be upgraded, and there wasn't enough interest shown. It's mind-boggling to me that this occurred because everybody I talk to says it's a problem.

True, they need to upgrade the sound system for sure. I'm not sure if that would make the difference or not... I'm cynical enough to believe that our fan base simply isn't capable of keeping the beat. Frankly, being drunk shouldn't have anything to do with it. It's a simple rock tune with the bass pounding the beat out verbatim, not something from a West African percussion ensemble. People should be able to keep the beat when they're unconscious, much less drunk.

Between the sound system and the difficulty in synchronizing your clapping with someone 300 feet away (middle of East stadium to middle of West stadium) or 550 feet away (middle of North stadium to middle of South stadium), it's no wonder it takes a while to sort itself out. Combine that with echoes and you're going to have some off-beat clapping.

In other news, they've shaved another point off our lead overnight. We're back down to a four-point lead in this thing, if anyone cares. The whole "contest" is just an ad for EA Sports.