SIGNED TE/DE Sam Cotton

Hopefully just because he's another in the family doesn't mean people will immediately be trashing him and questioning his offer for his time here. He has impressive film, I personally feel he has the ability to contribute nicely here, just as Ben has and Jake likely will.

I believe Jake was one of the most impressive lineman during spring ball.

So is Sam going to be offensive or defensive...He would be a great looking TE for us and that is one area we need people at.

We still haven't seen Jake in real game situations yet though either. For all we know, it could be just coach speak either to justify the scholarship or just Barney being proud of his kid. Remember Ben was really hyped last spring, but so far he hasn't lived up to all that hype.

Not sure what I think about this, when we have so few scholarships to give in the first place. However, this probably fills one of the 2 TEs we wanted for this class, and maybe that's the biggest reason of all for why he got his scholly. We are very low in depth at that position, and maybe the coaches felt we weren't going to be the final choice for nearly the rest of the TEs on our board. Otherwise, if he was a bigger prospect, why wouldn't Sam get his scholarship earlier?? I think they wanted two other higher caliber TEs, but since so many TEs dropped us they felt it necessary to drop a scholly on someone to fill the hole.

Anyways, it's never in my mind to tear down a kid, especially one I don't know much about. Although many of us are raising a few eyebrows over this, we still need to welcome him in with open arms. It's still a proud moment for him, and I wish him only the best.

Welcome abord the new B1G Big Red Sam!

Ben has done quite well, I think. At least, he's a starter.

I had a lot of questions about Jake, a guy we were literally competing against no Div1 schools that I can recall, so this does seem like a case where the family name has a lot to do with the offer. But that said, it also seems like there's a good chance each and every one of these boys are gonna earn it. Can't argue with that.