Official HB Good Beer Thread

• 3 weeks later...

Ommegang Brewery has just released two new "Game of Thrones" beers. I've never been disappointed by any of their beers, and these two are no exceptions. On Sunday I went to an unveiling at a local taphouse. Try 'em if you can find 'em. They ain't cheap.

http://www.ommegang.com/got/three_eyed_raven.php Three Eyed Raven is a dark saison. I've also seen it described as a farmhouse ale but I'm not familiar enough with that term to know how well it fits. Very rich, almost seemed like a porter when I first tried it and I thought it was going to be too much, but it never overwhelmed me. It was like a heavy, dark slightly Belgian, very very good.

http://www.ommegang.com/got/fire_and_blood.php Fire and Blood is a red ale. I should have had this first, I think I would've appreciated it more. After Three Eyed Raven it seemed weak and with less character, but as I had more I came to enjoy it more and more.

They also had bombers of http://www.ommegang.com/got/valar_morghulis.php Valar Morghulis, a Belgian dubbel. This is my favorite, but the sweet spiciness may be too much for some. I enjoyed it all the way through.

My son and I each had a sampler flight of all 3, then split a bomber of Valar Morghulis, and I finished with a 10oz goblet of Three Eyed Raven, while he switched to a salted caramel of another brand, I think from Parallel 49. I'm not a big caramel fan but he loved it, and I liked the sip I had.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Tried this a while back at Old Chicago. It's really good, but I could probably only drink 1 or 2 at a time. It's apparently selling like crazy and they're struggling to keep up with the demand.

Not-Your-Fathers-Root-Beer-6PK-12OZ-BTL.

Not your father's is great. I've only had on tap and the ABV jumps to 10.5% rather than the 5.9% bottled.

I was looking at their website and they have the 10%, and a 19.5% in bombers as well :waste :waste :waste

• 5 months later...

Hellooooooooo

What did I drink in Michigan over the holidays?

Here we go:

NewTwoHeartedLabel2012.jpg

Probably still my favorite beer from the Mitten State

Atwater-Vanilla-Java-Porter.jpg

Tasted like an iced vanilla coffee. Tasty. My girlfriend loved it.

Christmas-Town-Label.png

Tasty Christmas brew. Nice spices.

Batch-69-4th-of-July-Beer-1.jpg

69 IBUs. 6.9% ABV. Good stuff

• 3 weeks later...