Official HB Good Beer Thread

This thread should never slip to page 2.....

upslope-ipa-2015-empty-alum-12oz-beer-ca

Upslope India Pale Ale.

Very good IPA you guise.

Buddy of mine used to work at Upslope and I got a lot of free beer from their damaged cans. Upslope has the best pumpkin ale I've had.

I'm generally a fan of everything from Left Hand brewery. The Milk Stout Nitro is amazing that they can get a nitro in a bottle. It's widely distributed so almost everyone should be able to find it. They have other nitro bottles as well: sawtooth ale, coffee stout, coffee porter, scottish ale, and probably more, but the milk stout is my favorite.

Buddy of mine used to work at Upslope and I got a lot of free beer from their damaged cans. Upslope has the best pumpkin ale I've had.

I'm generally a fan of everything from Left Hand brewery. The Milk Stout Nitro is amazing that they can get a nitro in a bottle. It's widely distributed so almost everyone should be able to find it. They have other nitro bottles as well: sawtooth ale, coffee stout, coffee porter, scottish ale, and probably more, but the milk stout is my favorite.

Went to Left Hand last Friday night. The Bittersweet nitro was really good as well as "A Blessing and A Curse" IPA (my gf even liked it). Milk Stout is always good though.

My personal favorite was the double-Sawtooth ale they had for a while called Chainsaw

This thread should never slip to page 2.....upslope-ipa-2015-empty-alum-12oz-beer-ca

Upslope India Pale Ale.

Very good IPA you guise.

Yeah, I really like their Nitro Milk Stout. I guess I need to try some others. I did have a Left Hand IPA a few years ago but I didn't care for it. I pretty much stick to IPA'S and wheat beers in the hot months and go for the stouts and porters in the cooler months. And then of course pale ales; Fat Tire, 90 Shilling, Boston Lager types year round.

Milk Stout...can someone give me a breakdown on that beer? I see it a lot but have not tried it.

I'm not sure how it got "milk" in the name. Pretty sure there is no milk in it. But it does sort of have the silky mouth feel of drinking milk. It's pretty much just a good, smooth stout. You should try it.

Milk Stout...can someone give me a breakdown on that beer? I see it a lot but have not tried it.

I'm not sure how it got "milk" in the name. Pretty sure there is no milk in it. But it does sort of have the silky mouth feel of drinking milk. It's pretty much just a good, smooth stout. You should try it.

IT'S A "MILK" STOUT BECAUSE IT HAS LACTOSE IN IT WHICH HELPS GIVE IT A SWEETNESS AND A SMOOTH MOUTHFEEL

GET THE NITRO THOUGH. ALSO TRY THE BITTERSWEET NITRO IF IT'S ON TAP SOMEWHERE. IT'S LIKE A NITRO COLD BREW COFFEE

• Fire 2

Uses sugar (from milk which gives the name) to take some of the sharpness out of a traditional stout. The Nitro Milk Stout is smooth and the nitro gives it a creamy feel. A bottled nitro is never going to be as good as a nitro tap, but it's pretty close.

• 1 month later...

5 hours ago, dudeguyy said:

When I was in Michigan, my GF's stepdad introduced me to this. Had a couple and found it pretty damn good. It's a Scotch ale.

4e0c11099d6c0959aaafc0fb60bffc16.jpg

Then I was out last night and I got my first taste of jalapeño ale. Tasty stuff!

kinkaider-beer-devil.jpg

If you liked this jalapeno ale, try this sometime-

Twisted+Pine+Billy%2527s+Chilies.JPG

This stuff is awesome and it makes a really good & spicy red beer.

• Plus1 1