Official HB Good Beer Thread

6 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I've heard Leinenkugel's used to be a decent beer, but their stuff is mediocre at best now. It's now owned by MillerCoors, so it's not surprising the quality has gone down. (Turns out Miller bought them in 1988, so it's been a long time.)

Yeah, I think Summer Shandy is in about the same ballpark as Bud Lime.  It's just that these type of cheap citric flavored beers go down real well sitting in the pool whirlpool section.  And there's even a cabana girl to fetch them!  Perfect way to end these hot Midwest days, if you ask me.  :) 

3 minutes ago, GSG said:

My niece was talking about this one over the weekend, but when we went to the tap room it wasn't available. :(

I can only drink one Summer Shandy before I feel like I need an insulin shot

I dunno about that.  But I'll bet a Summer Shandy followed by a rye shot would be good. 

30 minutes ago, NUance said:

Yeah, I think Summer Shandy is in about the same ballpark as Bud Lime.  It's just that these type of cheap citric flavored beers go down real well sitting in the pool whirlpool section.  And there's even a cabana girl to fetch them!  Perfect way to end these hot Midwest days, if you ask me.  :) 

YOU DIDN'T MENTION THE CABANA GIRL OR FETCHED BEER!!! Of course, that's the best beer you've had.

• Plus1 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Was in the mood for a Hefeweizen with my dinner tonight so had a bomber of this

DSC_8268.jpg

It was very good with distinct banana esters. Also it didn’t have the trademark cloudiness of a hefe which was a bit unexpected. Really, it tasted almost exactly like New Belgium Abbey so that’s not a bad thing. I was hoping for a more traditional hefe with the lighter wheat beer profile but it was very good if you ever wanna try.

Also picked up a six pack of this Hemperor because, I’m curious

image_thumb%255B2%255D?imgmax=800

It says there is no detectable THC or CBD’s but the guy at the liquor store counter said it smells just like weed but tastes like an IPA. And apparently to lend credibility he volunteered that he’s been a pothead for a long time :lol: I’ll let you know if it’s any good after I have 1 or 2 this weekend.

• Plus1 3
  • 3 weeks later...

Tropical-TRIAD3.png

Hopalypto Tropical IPA by Rockyard Brewing in Castle Rock.  Very good, reminiscent of Weldwerks Juicy Bits. 

Funny thing is I probably wouldn’t have bought any but my daughter went with me to the liquor store and thought the can was “pretty” so I got a six pack. Glad I did, I will probably get more.

still haven’t tried the Hemperor but some guests had some and I did get to smell it. Pretty strong skunky weed smell. Everyone thought the aroma was a little off putting but those who had some said it was okay but a bit mild for an IPA. Not very hoppy was the consensus.

21 hours ago, Comfortably Numb said:

Tropical-TRIAD3.png

Hopalypto Tropical IPA by Rockyard Brewing in Castle Rock.  Very good, reminiscent of Weldwerks Juicy Bits. 

Funny thing is I probably wouldn’t have bought any but my daughter went with me to the liquor store and thought the can was “pretty” so I got a six pack. Glad I did, I will probably get more.

still haven’t tried the Hemperor but some guests had some and I did get to smell it. Pretty strong skunky weed smell. Everyone thought the aroma was a little off putting but those who had some said it was okay but a bit mild for an IPA. Not very hoppy was the consensus.

Rockyard was where I took my girlfriend on our first date! 

Haven't had that beer but I'll have to keep an eye out for it. 

I'll post more details later but we went to Barrel Republic in Carlsbad, CA last night. Basically a bunch of taps around the room and you serve yourself. Pretty cool concept

46 minutes ago, GSG said:

Rockyard was where I took my girlfriend on our first date! 

Haven't had that beer but I'll have to keep an eye out for it. 

I'll post more details later but we went to Barrel Republic in Carlsbad, CA last night. Basically a bunch of taps around the room and you serve yourself. Pretty cool concept

Thought I'd mention it if you aren't already aware, Purpose Brewing & Cellars in downtown FoCo is supposed to be really good. The owner is the original brewmaster from New Belgium. I think he made his millions and is now just doing what he loves. They brew 4 batches per week and they never repeat. When it's gone, it's gone. And you can't take any with you so have to drink it there. Anyway I've heard really good things and some of them are just crazy concoctions. You should try it.

2 hours ago, Comfortably Numb said:

Thought I'd mention it if you aren't already aware, Purpose Brewing & Cellars in downtown FoCo is supposed to be really good. The owner is the original brewmaster from New Belgium. I think he made his millions and is now just doing what he loves. They brew 4 batches per week and they never repeat. When it's gone, it's gone. And you can't take any with you so have to drink it there. Anyway I've heard really good things and some of them are just crazy concoctions. You should try it.

We go by there at least twice a week but we have never been in. I'll have to check it out!

• 1 month later...

Ya know, I just can't drink stouts and dark strong beers in the summer. I love them in the fall and winter but about spring time I have to switch over to IPA's (which I'll do any season) and wheat beers and flavored stuff. I might be weird :dunno

Still haven't tried that Hemporer. Haven't been drinking much beer lately but that skunky weed smell reminded me more of bong water than a beer I would like to try.