Official HB Good Beer Thread

I've been on a Rolling Rock kick for about the last 4 or 5 months, but the Silver Bullet is my go-to. When I'm feeling fancy I'll go for 312, Leffe, Stella, Shock Top, Blue Moon, Boulevard Wheat, Boulevard Zon, Coronoa, Dos Equis, or my indulgent favorite - Guinness.

I've been on a Rolling Rock kick for about the last 4 or 5 months, but the Silver Bullet is my go-to. When I'm feeling fancy I'll go for 312, Leffe, Stella, Shock Top, Blue Moon, Boulevard Wheat, Boulevard Zon, Coronoa, Dos Equis, or my indulgent favorite - Guinness.

Nothing beats a Blue Moon with an orange slice in it, its a nice compliment to some buffalo wings.

Great idea for a thread. Could end up about six miles long.

These days when it's hotter'n'balls can't go wrong with Heineken. I also like several Sam Adams brews and seasonals: Irish Red, Oktoberfest, Winter Ale, Boston Ale. Blue Moon w/ orange slice for something fruity. New Castle Brown Ale is also a good one.

I'm not much of a light beer guy. If it's ice cold in a frosty mug on a really hot day, okay, but other than that I'd just as soon break the bank to get something with taste.

This weekend I'll be in Chicago. I hope to hit up a few microbreweries while I'm there.

I can't belive you guys drink Coors Light and then turn around and talk about "taste" in other beers. That stuff is more watery than water.

I don't think I've ever had Rolling Rock, and I've only seen chicks drink it. (Not dissing you guys, but it's true for these parts anyway)

I'm a dark beer fan; oatmeal or chocolate stouts. Guinness is always a nice choice.

We don't have a lot of choices around here other than the mega-corp brews.

I'm not a fan of putting fruit in the beer. In my opinion, if the beer isn't good enough on its own, then you should drink something else. That goes for Corona too. That just tastes like skunky garbage.

I can't belive you guys drink Coors Light and then turn around and talk about "taste" in other beers. That stuff is more watery than water.

I don't think I've ever had Rolling Rock, and I've only seen chicks drink it. (Not dissing you guys, but it's true for these parts anyway)

Coors Light is the shiznit and I've noticed a lot more people drinking it in the Sioux City area. If there is any beer that is watered down that award goes to Miller Light. I'll drink Coors Light first followed by Bud heavy and Bud Light.

When I went to Vegas our hotel had a happy hour and only had 3 beers on tap which were Bud heavy, Miller Light, and Rolling Rock. I never tried Rolling Rock but it was pretty good and bought a case when I got back home. All of the guys that I saw at the bar were drinking Bud heavy or Rolling Rock.

Coors Light is the shiznit and I've noticed a lot more people drinking it in the Sioux City area. If there is any beer that is watered down that award goes to Miller Light. I'll drink Coors Light first followed by Bud heavy and Bud Light.

When I went to Vegas our hotel had a happy hour and only had 3 beers on tap which were Bud heavy, Miller Light, and Rolling Rock. I never tried Rolling Rock but it was pretty good and bought a case when I got back home. All of the guys that I saw at the bar were drinking Bud heavy or Rolling Rock.

You're crazy man. I like you, but you're crazy. ;)

To be honest, none of the big company beers really belong in a "good" beer thread. Bud Light is a dirty rice beer, Coors is water :lol:, and in general, they're all made for mass consumption, not actual taste and enjoyment.

abt12.jpg

OR

ale1.jpg

OR

La%20Folie%20Sour%20Brown%20Oshkosh%20Beer.jpg

OR

old-rasputin-russian-imperial-stout-217x300.jpg

Or most German beers. Any Crescent Moon/Huber Haus/Beertopia fans here?

Edit: I'd better add my getting drunk/fishing beer as well. Don't judge me.

busch-light.jpg

Look at this guys with all these delicious dark beers! :thumbs

I'm glad that you specified your Busch Light drinking. That's what my parents drink on the patio all the time. It's super cheap.

abt12.jpg

OR

ale1.jpg

OR

La%20Folie%20Sour%20Brown%20Oshkosh%20Beer.jpg

OR

old-rasputin-russian-imperial-stout-217x300.jpg

Or most German beers. Any Crescent Moon/Huber Haus/Beertopia fans here?

Edit: I'd better add my getting drunk/fishing beer as well. Don't judge me.

busch-light.jpg

Good call on the Busch Light carlfense, thats my Dad's drink of choice after he have hunted all day.

Another one I just tried and liked alot:

leine.jpg

Sam and Louies (for you Lincoln guys) have Summer Shandy on special Fridays. I think it's $2 for a draw.